MSFT wins the console wars (what else is new?)- A MSFT syllogism - Linux

This is a discussion on MSFT wins the console wars (what else is new?)- A MSFT syllogism - Linux ; Winners win. MSFT is a winner. Ergo, MSFT wins (again). Corollary: Losers lose. Linux is a LOSER. Can you complete the syllogism? RL Xbox 360 sales beat out Wii, PS3 Reuters - 1 hour ago SEATTLE (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp ...

  1. MSFT wins the console wars (what else is new?)- A MSFT syllogism

    Winners win. MSFT is a winner. Ergo, MSFT wins (again).

    Corollary: Losers lose. Linux is a LOSER. Can you complete the
    syllogism?

    RL

    Xbox 360 sales beat out Wii, PS3
    Reuters - 1 hour ago
    SEATTLE (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O: Quote, Profile, Research)
    said on Wednesday its Xbox 360 game machine beat Nintendo Co Ltd's

  2. Re: MSFT wins the console wars (what else is new?)- A MSFT syllogism

    Wow. Ray Lopez is an EPIC LOSER!!!

  3. Re: MSFT wins the console wars (what else is new?)- A MSFT syllogism

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, raylopez99

    wrote
    on Wed, 14 May 2008 15:48:10 -0700 (PDT)

    http://www.infidels.org/library/mode...ml#bifurcation
    http://www.infidels.org/library/mode...ml#conditional

    > RL
    >
    > Xbox 360 sales beat out Wii, PS3
    > Reuters - 1 hour ago
    > SEATTLE (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O: Quote, Profile, Research)
    > said on Wednesday its Xbox 360 game machine beat Nintendo Co Ltd's

    How else will customers deal with the Red Ring Of Death? ;-)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Error 16: Not enough space on file system to delete file(s)

  4. Re: MSFT wins the console wars (what else is new?)- A MSFT syllogism

    On May 14, 7:49 pm, The Ghost In The Machine
    wrote:
    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, raylopez99
    >
    > wrote
    > on Wed, 14 May 2008 15:48:10 -0700 (PDT)
    > <6bab07dd-ab47-4d73-bbf4-4802cb203...@p25g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>:
    >
    > > Winners win. MSFT is a winner. Ergo, MSFT wins (again).

    > > Corollary: Losers lose. Linux is a LOSER. Can you complete the
    > > syllogism?

    > http://www.infidels.org/library/mode...ml#conditional
    >

    > > RL

    > > Xbox 360 sales beat out Wii, PS3
    > > Reuters - 1 hour ago
    > > SEATTLE (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O: Quote, Profile, Research)
    > > said on Wednesday its Xbox 360 game machine beat Nintendo Co Ltd's

    > How else will customers deal with the Red Ring Of Death? ;-)
    >
    > --
    > #191, ewi...@earthlink.net
    > Error 16: Not enough space on file system to delete file(s)
    > ** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

    If Microsoft really is outselling the Wii and PS3, then I would like
    to offer the following quote from George Carlin:

    "This country's filled with nitwits and assholes, you ever notice
    that? Nitwits, assholes, ****ups, scumbags, jerkoffs and dip****s. And
    they all vote."

  5. Re: MSFT wins the console wars (what else is new?)- A MSFT syllogism

    raylopez99 wrote:
    > Winners win. MSFT is a winner. Ergo, MSFT wins (again).
    >
    > Corollary: Losers lose. Linux is a LOSER. Can you complete the
    > syllogism?
    >
    > RL
    >
    > Xbox 360 sales beat out Wii, PS3
    > Reuters - 1 hour ago
    > SEATTLE (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O: Quote, Profile, Research)
    > said on Wednesday its Xbox 360 game machine beat Nintendo Co Ltd's

    Once. in 18 motnhs. Try harder.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History..._generation%29

  6. Re: MSFT wins the console wars (what else is new?)- A MSFT syllogism

    * Cork Soaker peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Wow. Ray Lopez is an EPIC LOSER!!!

    http://johnnytan88.files.wordpress.c...ic-failure.jpg

    On a related topic, I found a picture of DFS's computer, on which Ubuntu
    has many, many problems:

    http://123haha.blogspot.com/2007/06/cooler-failure.html

    --
    If something's expensive to develop, and somebody's not going to get paid,
    it won't get developed. So you decide: Do you want software to be

  7. Re: MSFT wins the console wars (what else is new?)- A MSFT syllogism

    On Thu, 15 May 2008 07:39:37 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * Cork Soaker peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> Wow. Ray Lopez is an EPIC LOSER!!!

    > http://johnnytan88.files.wordpress.c...ic-failure.jpg
    >
    > On a related topic, I found a picture of DFS's computer, on which Ubuntu
    > has many, many problems:
    >
    > http://123haha.blogspot.com/2007/06/cooler-failure.html

    I thought it was this one:
    http://www.ciao.co.uk/Fisher_Price_B...ystem__5331518

    --
    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
    This message was sent from a

  8. Re: MSFT wins the console wars (what else is new?)- A MSFT syllogism

    On Wed, 14 May 2008 18:36:15 -0700 (PDT), Darth Chaos wrote:

    > On May 14, 7:49 pm, The Ghost In The Machine
    > wrote:
    >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, raylopez99
    >>
    >> wrote
    >> on Wed, 14 May 2008 15:48:10 -0700 (PDT)
    >> <6bab07dd-ab47-4d73-bbf4-4802cb203...@p25g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>:
    >>
    >>> Winners win. MSFT is a winner. Ergo, MSFT wins (again).

    >>> Corollary: Losers lose. Linux is a LOSER. Can you complete the
    >>> syllogism?

    >> http://www.infidels.org/library/mode...ml#conditional
    >>

    >>> RL

    >>> Xbox 360 sales beat out Wii, PS3
    >>> Reuters - 1 hour ago
    >>> SEATTLE (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O: Quote, Profile, Research)
    >>> said on Wednesday its Xbox 360 game machine beat Nintendo Co Ltd's

    >> How else will customers deal with the Red Ring Of Death? ;-)
    >>
    >> --
    >> #191, ewi...@earthlink.net
    >> Error 16: Not enough space on file system to delete file(s)
    >> ** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

    > If Microsoft really is outselling the Wii and PS3, then I would like
    > to offer the following quote from George Carlin:
    >
    > "This country's filled with nitwits and assholes, you ever notice
    > that? Nitwits, assholes, ****ups, scumbags, jerkoffs and dip****s. And
    > they all vote."

    Now that the latest Call Of Duty 4 is out, expect Xbox sales to go up
    again.

    Maybe in 6 years they will figure out how to run it on Wino....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  9. Re: MSFT wins the console wars (what else is new?)- A MSFT syllogism

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Linonut

    wrote
    on Thu, 15 May 2008 07:39:37 -0400
    :
    > * Cork Soaker peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> Wow. Ray Lopez is an EPIC LOSER!!!

    > http://johnnytan88.files.wordpress.c...ic-failure.jpg

    Oooh...that's gotta hurt.

    > On a related topic, I found a picture of DFS's computer, on which Ubuntu
    > has many, many problems:
    >
    > http://123haha.blogspot.com/2007/06/cooler-failure.html

    [1] Salvador Dali would love that picture, but it needs a
    few more melted clocks.

    [2] Sure that wasn't a certain screensaver capture?

    [3] This is the "G-rated" version of a Hot Box. (Yes, there
    is an X-rated version -- a subscription service offered
    by Danni Ashe. 'Nuff said on that.)

    [4] This is your computer. This is your computer on drugs.

    [5] Mental note: do not buy that brand of cleanser ever again.

    [6] This is what happens when product designers try to combine
    a PC with an Easybake Oven.

    Of course, there's hot and then there's...

    http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/laptops/d...mes-182257.php

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Been there, done that, didn't get the T-shirt.