COLA and creativity - Linux

This is a discussion on COLA and creativity - Linux ; Homer and Mark Kent should be ashamed of themselves ,---- | http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7294910.stm | | From illegal music downloads to counterfeit designer goods, there isn't | anything that's not being replicated illegally. | | Modern day pirates are copying everything from ...

  1. COLA and creativity

    Homer and Mark Kent should be ashamed of themselves

    ,----
    | http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7294910.stm
    |
    | From illegal music downloads to counterfeit designer goods, there isn't
    | anything that's not being replicated illegally.
    |
    | Modern day pirates are copying everything from medicines to oxygen
    | delivery systems for hospitals.
    |
    | Copying a person's ideas or products without their knowledge is known as
    | intellectual piracy.
    |
    | Intellectual property covers a number of things like patents, designs,
    | trademarks and copyright
    `----

  2. Re: COLA and creativity

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Hadron

    wrote
    on Wed, 14 May 2008 17:57:59 +0200
    :

    > Homer and Mark Kent should be ashamed of themselves
    >
    > ,----
    > | http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7294910.stm
    > |
    > | From illegal music downloads to counterfeit designer goods, there isn't
    > | anything that's not being replicated illegally.
    > |
    > | Modern day pirates are copying everything from medicines to oxygen
    > | delivery systems for hospitals.
    > |
    > | Copying a person's ideas or products without their knowledge is known as
    > | intellectual piracy.
    > |
    > | Intellectual property covers a number of things like patents, designs,
    > | trademarks and copyright
    > `----

    You want creativity, write a Silverlight app. ;-)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Is it cheaper to learn Linux, or to hire someone
    to fix your Windows problems?

  3. Re: COLA and creativity

    Hadron wrote:

    > Homer and Mark Kent should be ashamed of themselves
    >
    > ,----
    > | http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7294910.stm
    > |
    > | From illegal music downloads to counterfeit designer goods, there isn't
    > | anything that's not being replicated illegally.
    > |
    > | Modern day pirates are copying everything from medicines to oxygen
    > | delivery systems for hospitals.
    > |
    > | Copying a person's ideas or products without their knowledge is known as
    > | intellectual piracy.
    > |
    > | Intellectual property covers a number of things like patents, designs,
    > | trademarks and copyright
    > `----

    This from the article..

    It is ironic that the US is clamping down hard on piracy when Americans
    themselves were the biggest pirates in the 19th Century.

    British authors such as Charles Dickens and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle had to
    fight to be paid any royalties for their work in the US.

    Now, it seems that yesterday's pirates are today's enforcers.

    However, piracy will only remain as long as the demand persists.

    "The more things change the more they stay the same." - (French proverb I
    believe.)

    Why should Homer or Mark Kent be ashamed of themselves? Are you accusing
    them of piracy? Have you any proof?

  4. Re: COLA and creativity

    SomeBloke writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >

    >> Homer and Mark Kent should be ashamed of themselves
    >>
    >> ,----
    >> | http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7294910.stm
    >> |
    >> | From illegal music downloads to counterfeit designer goods, there isn't
    >> | anything that's not being replicated illegally.
    >> |
    >> | Modern day pirates are copying everything from medicines to oxygen
    >> | delivery systems for hospitals.
    >> |
    >> | Copying a person's ideas or products without their knowledge is known as
    >> | intellectual piracy.
    >> |
    >> | Intellectual property covers a number of things like patents, designs,
    >> | trademarks and copyright
    >> `----

    > This from the article..
    >

    > It is ironic that the US is clamping down hard on piracy when Americans
    > themselves were the biggest pirates in the 19th Century.
    >
    > British authors such as Charles Dickens and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle had to
    > fight to be paid any royalties for their work in the US.
    >
    > Now, it seems that yesterday's pirates are today's enforcers.
    >
    > However, piracy will only remain as long as the demand persists.
    >

    > "The more things change the more they stay the same." - (French proverb I
    > believe.)
    >
    > Why should Homer or Mark Kent be ashamed of themselves? Are you accusing
    > them of piracy? Have you any proof?

    Are you new around these here parts Partner?

  5. Re: COLA and creativity

    On Wed, 14 May 2008 17:57:59 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Homer and Mark Kent should be ashamed of themselves
    >
    > ,----
    >| http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7294910.stm
    >|
    >| From illegal music downloads to counterfeit designer goods, there isn't
    >| anything that's not being replicated illegally.
    >|
    >| Modern day pirates are copying everything from medicines to oxygen
    >| delivery systems for hospitals.
    >|
    >| Copying a person's ideas or products without their knowledge is known as
    >| intellectual piracy.
    >|
    >| Intellectual property covers a number of things like patents, designs,
    >| trademarks and copyright
    > `----

    Mark Kent and Homer are just two hypocrites who use proprietary solutions
    and intellectual property by day to earn their living but by night they
    expect everyone else to give such stuff away for free.

    Add Roy Schestowitz into the mix and you have all the trappings of a Three
    Stooges movie.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  6. Re: COLA and creativity

    Hadron wrote:

    > SomeBloke writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>

    >>> Homer and Mark Kent should be ashamed of themselves
    >>>
    >>> ,----

    >>> `----

    >> This from the article..
    >>

    >> It is ironic that the US is clamping down hard on piracy when Americans
    >> themselves were the biggest pirates in the 19th Century.
    >>
    >> British authors such as Charles Dickens and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle had to
    >> fight to be paid any royalties for their work in the US.
    >>
    >> Now, it seems that yesterday's pirates are today's enforcers.
    >>
    >> However, piracy will only remain as long as the demand persists.
    >>

    >> "The more things change the more they stay the same." - (French proverb I
    >> believe.)
    >>
    >> Why should Homer or Mark Kent be ashamed of themselves? Are you accusing
    >> them of piracy? Have you any proof?

    > Are you new around these here parts Partner?

    Please Hadron, try not to be so pedantic.

  7. Re: COLA and creativity

    SomeBloke writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> SomeBloke writes:

    >>> This from the article..
    >>>

    >>> It is ironic that the US is clamping down hard on piracy when Americans
    >>> themselves were the biggest pirates in the 19th Century.
    >>>
    >>> British authors such as Charles Dickens and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle had to
    >>> fight to be paid any royalties for their work in the US.
    >>>
    >>> Now, it seems that yesterday's pirates are today's enforcers.
    >>>
    >>> However, piracy will only remain as long as the demand persists.
    >>>

    >>> "The more things change the more they stay the same." - (French proverb I
    >>> believe.)
    >>>
    >>> Why should Homer or Mark Kent be ashamed of themselves? Are you accusing
    >>> them of piracy? Have you any proof?

    >> Are you new around these here parts Partner?

    > Please Hadron, try not to be so pedantic.

    Do you know what pedantic means?

  8. Re: COLA and creativity

    Hadron wrote:

    > SomeBloke writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> Are you new around these here parts Partner?

    >> Please Hadron, try not to be so pedantic.

    > Do you know what pedantic means?

    Yes.

  9. Re: COLA and creativity

    SomeBloke wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >> Are you new around these here parts Partner?

    > Please Hadron, try not to be so pedantic.

    Please Hadron, try not to be such an ugly fscking asshole.

  10. Re: COLA and creativity

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, SomeBloke

    wrote
    on Wed, 14 May 2008 18:26:15 +0100
    :
    > Hadron wrote:
    >

    >> Homer and Mark Kent should be ashamed of themselves
    >>
    >> ,----
    >> | http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7294910.stm
    >> |
    >> | From illegal music downloads to counterfeit designer goods, there isn't
    >> | anything that's not being replicated illegally.
    >> |
    >> | Modern day pirates are copying everything from medicines to oxygen
    >> | delivery systems for hospitals.
    >> |
    >> | Copying a person's ideas or products without their knowledge is known as
    >> | intellectual piracy.
    >> |
    >> | Intellectual property covers a number of things like patents, designs,
    >> | trademarks and copyright
    >> `----

    > This from the article..
    >

    > It is ironic that the US is clamping down hard on piracy when Americans
    > themselves were the biggest pirates in the 19th Century.

    Hey, we're not going to allow those Johnny-come-latelies
    to spoil our fun! :-)

    > British authors such as Charles Dickens and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle had to
    > fight to be paid any royalties for their work in the US.
    >
    > Now, it seems that yesterday's pirates are today's enforcers.
    >
    > However, piracy will only remain as long as the demand persists.

    Which is basically forever.

    > "The more things change the more they stay the same." - (French proverb I
    > believe.)
    >
    > Why should Homer or Mark Kent be ashamed of themselves? Are you accusing
    > them of piracy? Have you any proof?

    Because only Genuine Microsoft Windows Vista(tm) (With
    DRM) can combat this latest piracy scourge, obviously.

    Yeah.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    New Technology? Not There. No Thanks.

  11. Re: COLA and creativity

    Hadron wrote:

    [...]

    Speaking of creativity, it's amazing how you're able to kiss your own ass
    without injuring yourself.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Confidence is important; the computer can sense fear.

    Good to the last supper

  12. Re: COLA and creativity

    Do you know what "Hadron is a ****knob" means?
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Energize! said Picard....and this pink bunny appeared...

    Good to the last supper

  13. Re: COLA and creativity

    chrisv wrote:

    >> Please Hadron, try not to be so pedantic.

    > Please Hadron, try not to be such an ugly fscking asshole.

    Please, Hadron, try not to be such a useless pimple on the buttocks of COLA.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Energize! said Picard....and this pink bunny appeared...

    Good to the last supper

  14. Re: COLA and creativity

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)