[News] Free and Linux-based Routers a Threat to Cisco's Routers Franchise - Linux

  2. Re: [News] Free and Linux-based Routers a Threat to Cisco's Routers Franchise

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Is Cisco vulnerable to open source?

    Only if they continue to fester anti-linux elements
    within their company. They should show the anti-linux
    elements the door and get down on their hands and knees
    and start coding to avoid becoming another micoshaft!!!
    There is a lot they don't offer that free softare gives freely.

    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | At the heart of Vyatta is VC4, a Linux-based networking system the
    > | company claims offers better performance than Cisco gear at a fraction
    > | of the price.
    > |
    > | Early, pre-release views are ecstatic. You have VPN support, QOS
    > | functionality, even traffic-shaping. Download it here.
    > `----
    >
    > http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=2417

  3. Re: [News] Free and Linux-based Routers a Threat to Cisco's Routers Franchise

  4. Re: [News] Free and Linux-based Routers a Threat to Cisco's Routers Franchise

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >>> Is Cisco vulnerable to open source?

    Of course they are...and 10 years ago Windows was going to fall prey to the
    Linux juggernaut real soon... and more recently the iPod and Blackberry
    killers were going to decimate those businesses...blah blah blah

    Linux wacks: tenuous grasp of reality, of business, of technology, of
    markets, and of human behavior

  5. Re: [News] Free and Linux-based Routers a Threat to Cisco's Routers Franchise

    On Wed, 14 May 2008 01:59:59 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Of course they are...and 10 years ago Windows was going to fall prey to the
    > Linux juggernaut real soon... and more recently the iPod and Blackberry
    > killers were going to decimate those businesses...blah blah blah
    >
    > Linux wacks: tenuous grasp of reality, of business, of technology, of
    > markets, and of human behavior

    That's because most of the COLA cretins have never worked in Information
    Technology for a real company.
    Schestowitz constantly refers to professors when he attempts to back up his
    claims.
    IOW, a professor told me blah blah etc.

    In their little world it's simple a matter of formatting drives and
    installing Linux and when it doesn't happen they can't figure out why.

    Totally loony.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  6. Re: [News] Free and Linux-based Routers a Threat to Cisco's Routers Franchise

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    >> Of course they are...and 10 years ago Windows was going to fall prey
    >> to the Linux juggernaut real soon... and more recently the iPod and
    >> Blackberry killers were going to decimate those businesses...blah
    >> blah blah
    >>
    >> Linux wacks: tenuous grasp of reality, of business, of technology, of
    >> markets, and of human behavior

    > That's because most of the COLA cretins have never worked in
    > Information Technology for a real company.
    > Schestowitz constantly refers to professors when he attempts to back
    > up his claims.
    > IOW, a professor told me blah blah etc.

    heh! I get a kick out of Spamowitz' name-dropping: "I had an email
    conversation last night with the president of MySQL". Why Roy, were you
    begging for donations now that they sold out big time?

    > In their little world it's simple a matter of formatting drives and
    > installing Linux and when it doesn't happen they can't figure out why.
    >
    > Totally loony.

    I like the "We have the source code so we can fix it. Linux rulez!"
    argument the nuts try to pull. They don't understand the public doesn't
    give a hoot about the source code. They want featureful apps and games that
    work with minimal hassle, and they're willing to pay big for them.

  7. Re: [News] Free and Linux-based Routers a Threat to Cisco's Routers Franchise

    On Wed, 14 May 2008 10:55:29 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    >>> Of course they are...and 10 years ago Windows was going to fall prey
    >>> to the Linux juggernaut real soon... and more recently the iPod and
    >>> Blackberry killers were going to decimate those businesses...blah
    >>> blah blah
    >>>
    >>> Linux wacks: tenuous grasp of reality, of business, of technology, of
    >>> markets, and of human behavior

    >> That's because most of the COLA cretins have never worked in
    >> Information Technology for a real company.
    >> Schestowitz constantly refers to professors when he attempts to back
    >> up his claims.
    >> IOW, a professor told me blah blah etc.

    > heh! I get a kick out of Spamowitz' name-dropping: "I had an email
    > conversation last night with the president of MySQL". Why Roy, were you
    > begging for donations now that they sold out big time?

    After hearing Schestowitz's podcast it's a good thing he sticks to email
    conversations because he is a total snooze.

    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !

    He's always name dropping PJ of Groklaw as well.
    Since he maintains that site, I wonder if they have the same security
    problems his own site had?
    I would trust Spamowitz to plug in a USB mouse.

    >> In their little world it's simple a matter of formatting drives and
    >> installing Linux and when it doesn't happen they can't figure out why.
    >>
    >> Totally loony.

    > I like the "We have the source code so we can fix it. Linux rulez!"
    > argument the nuts try to pull. They don't understand the public doesn't
    > give a hoot about the source code. They want featureful apps and games that
    > work with minimal hassle, and they're willing to pay big for them.

    Evidently because Linux is free and as a desktop system it is virtually
    ignored.
    When was the last time you heard of something free that couldn't be given
    away?
    Especially when it is supposedly a competitor for a high priced item,
    ie:Windows/Office.

    People try Linux.
    People dump Linux.
    When the Linux community can figure out why then maybe they can fix it and
    Linux may have a chance.
    Until that day arrives, Linux is totally lost.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  8. Re: [News] Free and Linux-based Routers a Threat to Cisco's Routers Franchise

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  9. Re: [News] Free and Linux-based Routers a Threat to Cisco's Routers Franchise