hi,
The reason debian does not allow graphical user windows system for
"root" (unlike Windows) is that lots of programs can run in the
foreground and background as "root".

So for each program you will have a wrapper program/GUI built in for
"kde".

Adept is the kde package manager (runs on UBUNTU/KUBUNTU) especially
if you use the Synaptic package manager command (aptget install kd34)
once.

Adept has a small tags / filter utility to display the packages.

Today I will install adept version.

**********
I still have some difficulty installing the "new users" directly via a
KDE GNOME package.
The entire MARATHI bible 684 pages was downloaded on my desktop
------------ but the Marathi is too high too read (too advanced).
Does anybody know a simpler version of the Marathi bible on the
computer.
And see http://spacetimemotion.tripod.com for a person who can pull
people out of hospital in TWO DAYS FLAT.

Erach