webcam init and getImage - Linux

This is a discussion on webcam init and getImage - Linux ; Hi there, I need a simple and stupid few line source code to access my webcam. I found lots of huge projects (c++ c and other) which are so big that they are impossible to be used. Does somebody know ...

  1. webcam init and getImage

    Hi there,
    I need a simple and stupid few line source code to access my webcam.
    I found lots of huge projects (c++ c and other) which are so big that
    they are impossible to be used.
    Does somebody know how to manage a webcam from it's basic functions?
    Where can i find a SIMPLE, VERY SIMPLE example project?
    Doesn't matter the OS, i just need it is portable source code...

  2. Re: webcam init and getImage

    Hi,

    capturing is done through V4L. Have a look at capture_v4l.c in
    http://staff.aist.go.jp/naoyuki.ichi...deo_v4l.tar.gz
    from
    http://staff.aist.go.jp/naoyuki.ichi.../tips/v4ln.htm

    Greetings