Linux is BURYING us! - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux is BURYING us! - Linux ; Under a 0.63" pile of mediocre, frozen up, glitchy, half-installed crapware... and it won't stop until it reaches 0.67" "Linux will BURY you." fliar deranged cola freak March 2007...

  1. Linux is BURYING us!

    Under a 0.63" pile of mediocre, frozen up, glitchy, half-installed
    crapware... and it won't stop until it reaches 0.67"

    "Linux will BURY you."
    fliar
    deranged cola freak
    March 2007

  2. Re: Linux is BURYING us!

    On Mon, 12 May 2008 10:07:03 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Under a 0.63" pile of mediocre, frozen up, glitchy, half-installed
    > crapware... and it won't stop until it reaches 0.67"
    >

    > "Linux will BURY you."
    > fliar
    > deranged cola freak
    > March 2007

    It's truly amazing that Linux despite being free can't even manage to break
    the 1 percent of the desktop barrier.

    When something can't be given away it is time for the people distributing
    that something to figure out why and what is wrong with it.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Linux is BURYING us!

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  4. Re: Linux is BURYING us!

    On Mon, 12 May 2008 15:57:48 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Mon, 12 May 2008 10:07:03 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Under a 0.63" pile of mediocre, frozen up, glitchy, half-installed
    >> crapware... and it won't stop until it reaches 0.67"
    >>

    >> "Linux will BURY you."
    >> fliar
    >> deranged cola freak
    >> March 2007

    > It's truly amazing that Linux despite being free can't even manage to
    > break the 1 percent of the desktop barrier.
    >
    > When something can't be given away it is time for the people
    > distributing that something to figure out why and what is wrong with it.

    Or maybe you could develop some honesty.

    --
    Rick

  5. Re: Linux is BURYING us!

    Linonut wrote:

    > It's actually pretty funny that even a Usenet kook like "Moshe" feels
    > compelled to respond to a "deranged cola freak".

    You're confused. fliar is the deranged cola freak who claimed a year ago
    that "Linux will BURY you." (he posted it from his Windows machine, btw)

    > I'm pretty disappointed in DFS. Some reward I get for treating him
    > like a human being!

    Don't pretend you're not a snide asshole as often as anyone else. You've
    been calling me 'idiot' since I stepped on this ****roach den and sent
    "advocates" scurrying.

    > The guy is just nuts.

    As if you're not... as if you don't post rambling bull**** about evil,
    greedy, thuggery, sordid monopolies by night.... and use Windows and develop
    software for the Windows platform by day.

    It's the cola way.

  6. Re: Linux is BURYING us!

    On Mon, 12 May 2008 19:47:46 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * Rick peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> It's truly amazing that Linux despite being free can't even manage to
    >>> break the 1 percent of the desktop barrier.
    >>>
    >>> When something can't be given away it is time for the people
    >>> distributing that something to figure out why and what is wrong with
    >>> it.

    >> Or maybe you could develop some honesty.

    > It's actually pretty funny that even a Usenet kook like "Moshe" feels
    > compelled to respond to a "deranged cola freak".
    >
    > I'm pretty disappointed in DFS. Some reward I get for treating him like a
    > human being! The guy is just nuts.

    You've only just found *that* out?

    --
    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
    This message was sent from a

  7. Re: Linux is BURYING us!

    * William Poaster peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On Mon, 12 May 2008 19:47:46 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> I'm pretty disappointed in DFS. Some reward I get for treating him like a
    >> human being! The guy is just nuts.

    > You've only just found *that* out?

    No. But my grand experiment failed.

    --
    The worst programs are the ones where the programmers doing the original
    work don't lay a solid foundation, and then they're not involved in the

  8. Re: Linux is BURYING us!

    On Tue, 13 May 2008 13:21:25 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > No. But my grand experiment failed.

    It sure did.
    Maybe now you should return to the normal, reasonable person you used to be
    instead of playing the part of a Roy Schestowitz fan boi, lackey and
    shill.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  9. Re: Linux is BURYING us!

    Linonut writes:

    > * William Poaster peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> On Mon, 12 May 2008 19:47:46 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'm pretty disappointed in DFS. Some reward I get for treating him like a
    >>> human being! The guy is just nuts.

    >> You've only just found *that* out?

    > No. But my grand experiment failed.

    What? Being made to look like an idiot each time DFS spanks your arse
    with facts was an experiment? If you were to stop being such a two faced
    liar and hypocrite you might have more success.

  10. Re: Linux is BURYING us!

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Mon, 12 May 2008 10:07:03 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    > > Under a 0.63" pile of mediocre, frozen up, glitchy, half-installed
    > > crapware... and it won't stop until it reaches 0.67"
    > >

    > > "Linux will BURY you."
    > > fliar
    > > deranged cola freak
    > > March 2007

    > It's truly amazing that Linux despite being free can't even manage to
    > break the 1 percent of the desktop barrier.
    >
    > When something can't be given away it is time for the people
    > distributing that something to figure out why and what is wrong with
    > it.

    Linsux - free because it has to be.

    Toad

    --

  11. Re: Linux is BURYING us!

    On 2008-05-15, toad wrote:
    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 12 May 2008 10:07:03 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >> > Under a 0.63" pile of mediocre, frozen up, glitchy, half-installed
    >> > crapware... and it won't stop until it reaches 0.67"
    >> >

    >> > "Linux will BURY you."
    >> > fliar
    >> > deranged cola freak
    >> > March 2007

    >> It's truly amazing that Linux despite being free can't even manage to
    >> break the 1 percent of the desktop barrier.
    >>
    >> When something can't be given away it is time for the people
    >> distributing that something to figure out why and what is wrong with
    >> it.

    > Linsux - free because it has to be.
    >
    > Toad

    Oooh look! The LinSux troll is back.... what fun!

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  12. Re: Linux is BURYING us!

    turd wrote:

    >Linsux - free because it has to be.

    Hmm... Seems I put (too short of) a time-limit on your filter, turd.
    How's 180 days sound?

    *plonk*

  13. Re: Linux is BURYING us!

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Gregory Shearman

    wrote
    on 15 May 2008 09:43:10 GMT
    :
    > On 2008-05-15, toad wrote:
    >> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    >>> It's truly amazing that Linux despite being free can't even manage to
    >>> break the 1 percent of the desktop barrier.
    >>>
    >>> When something can't be given away it is time for the people
    >>> distributing that something to figure out why and what is wrong with
    >>> it.

    >> Linsux - free because it has to be.
    >>
    >> Toad
    >>

    > Oooh look! The LinSux troll is back.... what fun!

    FSVO "back" and "fun", I suppose. Sigh.

    As for burial...I think Linux won't bury Microsoft.
    They'll shoot themselves instead; the Vista fiasco can't
    be blamed on Linux.

    We'll just pick up the pieces afterwards. ;-)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Linux. Because life's too short for a buggy OS.

  14. Re: Linux is BURYING us!

    * chrisv peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > turd wrote:
    >
    >>Linsux - free because it has to be.

    > Hmm... Seems I put (too short of) a time-limit on your filter, turd.
    > How's 180 days sound?
    >
    > *plonk*

    *flush* would be more appropriate.

    Grab a plunger if it won't go down.

    --
    Programs today get very fat; the enhancements tend to slow the programs down
    because people put in special checks. When they want to add some feature,

  15. Re: Linux is BURYING us!

    Linonut wrote:

    >* chrisv peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >> Hmm... Seems I put (too short of) a time-limit on your filter, turd.
    >> How's 180 days sound?
    >>
    >> *plonk*

    >*flush* would be more appropriate.
    >
    >Grab a plunger if it won't go down.

    I don't know... I tried that with Quack and got in trouble for
    putting toxic waste into the sewage system.

  16. Re: Linux is BURYING us!

    On 2008-05-15, The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Gregory Shearman
    >
    > wrote
    > on 15 May 2008 09:43:10 GMT
    >:

    >>> Linsux - free because it has to be.
    >>>
    >>> Toad
    >>>

    >> Oooh look! The LinSux troll is back.... what fun!
    >>

    > FSVO "back" and "fun", I suppose. Sigh.
    >
    > As for burial...I think Linux won't bury Microsoft.
    > They'll shoot themselves instead; the Vista fiasco can't
    > be blamed on Linux.

    I can't understand why it took so long to put out Vista and yet they didn't
    address the hardware incompatibility issues. I was expecting at least
    something slick and fast.

    > We'll just pick up the pieces afterwards. ;-)

    I'm not so sure about that.

    I'm sure Jobs and his buddies will be in there... offering deals on
    cheap Apples...

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  17. Re: Linux is BURYING us!

    Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>
    >> On Mon, 12 May 2008 10:07:03 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >> > Under a 0.63" pile of mediocre, frozen up, glitchy, half-installed
    >> > crapware... and it won't stop until it reaches 0.67"
    >> >

    >> > "Linux will BURY you."
    >> > fliar
    >> > deranged cola freak
    >> > March 2007

    >> It's truly amazing that Linux despite being free can't even manage to
    >> break the 1 percent of the desktop barrier.

    > If DuFuS is being buried by a 1% market share, he must be pretty near
    > the bottom of the pile.

    I could not have said it better... Linux... the future.
    --

    Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)

+ Reply to Thread