    http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...reezes-601972/

    Debian Etch: "I installed debian etch. Ran fine for a while, then the same
    freezing problem."
    #148 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=15

    Suse 10.3: "Last few days I have been confronted with a weird behavior of my
    SUSE 10.3 system. Several time a day all of the sudden it freezes. Then I
    have to reboot ... "
    http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...hlight=freezes

    Slackware 12.0: "Bit worrisome this. I have had two system freezes today on
    my new Slackware 12 installation."
    http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...hlight=freezes

    Mint 4.0: "So I switched [from Gentoo] to Linux Mint 4.0 and in the last 3
    days I have had 2 system freezes."
    http://linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopic...freezes#p67069

    PCLinuxOS: "About 4 times each day, the whole system freezes up."
    1st post at http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php?topic=35878.0

    DreamLinux: "...I clicked on PLAY for one of the sounds and the entire
    system froze."
    http://dreamlinuxforums.org/index.php/topic,1217.0.html

    Mandriva 2008: "...did a clean install of Mandriva 2008 and it has been
    freezing a lot, regardless of what i am doing."
    http://forum.mandriva.com/viewtopic....3a9dc185854a5a

    Sabayon: "thanks...all installed....took 27hrs to install.....till I try to
    do anything......next thing my task bar disappears...my program selector
    disappears...I do anything....it freezes up solid.."
    http://www.sabayonlinux.org/forum/vi...freezes#p67138

    ArchLinux: "I have Asus A6M Q0050 and last three weeks I experience random
    freezes."

    CentOS 5.1: "It just simply freezes."
    http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/...forumpost37948

    Ubuntu 8.04: "Hardy is BY FAR the worst Ubuntu version yet. LOCKUP
    WARNING!!! Some users, myself included, are experiencing random total
    lockups."
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/204996

    Fedora 8: "I've been having frequent lock-ups with Fedora 8 for some days."
    http://forums.fedoraforum.org/forum/...hlight=freezes

    Puppy: "The whole system freezes after a short time."
    http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/vie...323145&t=27550

    Generally: "In summary, I could write a book on the problems with any Linux
    versions."
    http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtop...806771&t=28030

  2. Re: Linux: treats everyone as an equal

    On Mon, 12 May 2008 09:32:01 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > RedHat: "I have a PC with RedHat Linux installed...at regular times, weekly
    > exactly the same time!, the PC 'freezes'? ... There's nothing I can do at
    > that moment besides a hardware reboot."
    > http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...reezes-601972/
    >
    > Debian Etch: "I installed debian etch. Ran fine for a while, then the same
    > freezing problem."
    > #148 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=15
    >
    > Suse 10.3: "Last few days I have been confronted with a weird behavior of my
    > SUSE 10.3 system. Several time a day all of the sudden it freezes. Then I
    > have to reboot ... "
    > http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...hlight=freezes
    >
    > Slackware 12.0: "Bit worrisome this. I have had two system freezes today on
    > my new Slackware 12 installation."
    > http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...hlight=freezes
    >
    > Mint 4.0: "So I switched [from Gentoo] to Linux Mint 4.0 and in the last 3
    > days I have had 2 system freezes."
    > http://linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopic...freezes#p67069
    >
    > PCLinuxOS: "About 4 times each day, the whole system freezes up."
    > 1st post at http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php?topic=35878.0
    >
    > DreamLinux: "...I clicked on PLAY for one of the sounds and the entire
    > system froze."
    > http://dreamlinuxforums.org/index.php/topic,1217.0.html
    >
    > Mandriva 2008: "...did a clean install of Mandriva 2008 and it has been
    > freezing a lot, regardless of what i am doing."
    > http://forum.mandriva.com/viewtopic....3a9dc185854a5a
    >
    > Sabayon: "thanks...all installed....took 27hrs to install.....till I try to
    > do anything......next thing my task bar disappears...my program selector
    > disappears...I do anything....it freezes up solid.."
    > http://www.sabayonlinux.org/forum/vi...freezes#p67138
    >
    > ArchLinux: "I have Asus A6M Q0050 and last three weeks I experience random
    > freezes."
    > http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=44765
    >
    > CentOS 5.1: "It just simply freezes."
    > http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/...forumpost37948
    >
    > Ubuntu 8.04: "Hardy is BY FAR the worst Ubuntu version yet. LOCKUP
    > WARNING!!! Some users, myself included, are experiencing random total
    > lockups."
    > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/204996
    >
    > Fedora 8: "I've been having frequent lock-ups with Fedora 8 for some days."
    > http://forums.fedoraforum.org/forum/...hlight=freezes
    >
    > Puppy: "The whole system freezes after a short time."
    > http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/vie...323145&t=27550
    >
    > Generally: "In summary, I could write a book on the problems with any Linux
    > versions."
    > http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtop...806771&t=28030

    At best, Linux is at least consistent.
    Consistently crappy that is.

    What can one expect from free basement ware?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Linux: treats everyone as an equal

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  4. Re: Linux: treats everyone as an equal

    On Mon, 12 May 2008 15:54:47 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    (snip)

    > At best, Linux is at least consistent. Consistently crappy that is.

    Why do you use crappy software?

    > What can one expect from free basement ware?

    What can someone expect from a lying shill like you?

    --
    Rick

+ Reply to Thread