Firefox on Linux: freezes 10x to 15x per day - Linux

This is a discussion on Firefox on Linux: freezes 10x to 15x per day - Linux ; "I have had Firefox freeze and must use force quit at least 10 to 15 times a day. Mostly it seems to be sites running scrips that cause this, but almost any time I have multiple pages open it freezes." ...

  1. Firefox on Linux: freezes 10x to 15x per day

    "I have had Firefox freeze and must use force quit at least 10 to 15 times a
    day. Mostly it seems to be sites running scrips that cause this, but almost
    any time I have multiple pages open it freezes."

    $7 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...hlight=freezes

  2. Re: Firefox on Linux: freezes 10x to 15x per day

    DFS wrote:
    > "I have had Firefox freeze and must use force quit at least 10 to 15 times a
    > day. Mostly it seems to be sites running scrips that cause this, but almost
    > any time I have multiple pages open it freezes."

    I thought it's RAM issue, isn't it?

    --
    @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
    /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.10) Linux 2.6.25.3

  3. Re: Firefox on Linux: freezes 10x to 15x per day

    DFS wrote:

    > "I have had Firefox freeze and must use force quit at least 10 to 15 times
    > a day. Mostly it seems to be sites running scrips that cause this, but
    > almost any time I have multiple pages open it freezes."
    >
    > $7 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...hlight=freezes

    yup it does appear if I wait it un-freezes itself.

    The above from later in the thread. Simply an impatient user.

  4. Re: Firefox on Linux: freezes 10x to 15x per day

    SomeBloke wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "I have had Firefox freeze and must use force quit at least 10 to 15
    >> times a day. Mostly it seems to be sites running scrips that cause
    >> this, but almost any time I have multiple pages open it freezes."
    >>
    >> $7 at
    >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...hlight=freezes

    > yup it does appear if I wait it un-freezes itself.
    >

    > The above from later in the thread. Simply an impatient user.

    And simply not the user I quoted.

+ Reply to Thread