Linux: application freezes on the letter G - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux: application freezes on the letter G - Linux ; "When I'm browsing the Applications almost every time I get to the programs that start with G, it freezes and I have to close it. This makes no sense." http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ht=USB+freezes The randomness of bull**** Linux problems is just too strange....

  1. Linux: application freezes on the letter G

    "When I'm browsing the Applications almost every time I get to the programs
    that start with G, it freezes and I have to close it. This makes no sense."

    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ht=USB+freezes

    The randomness of bull**** Linux problems is just too strange.

  2. Re: Linux: application freezes on the letter G

    This is a forum for trolls and malcontents; you aren't going to find
    technical assistance (or even sanity) here.

  3. Re: Linux: application freezes on the letter G

    whitemice wrote:
    > This is a forum for trolls and malcontents; you aren't going to find
    > technical assistance (or even sanity) here.

    You do realise DFS is one of the biggest trolls and malcontents here.
    He wasn't asking for help.
    HE was dredging through the web for any evidence that linux doesn't work
    perfectly in every possible situation so he could post it here...
    Again...
    and again...
    and again...
    and again...
    and again...
    and again...
    and again...
    and again...

    GOD he's a boring twat.

  4. Re: Linux: application freezes on the letter G

    Andrew Halliwell wrote:

    > HE was dredging through the web for any evidence that linux doesn't
    > work perfectly in every possible situation

    How's that possible... unless you lying Linux lusers have been telling a
    tale for many years about how great Linux is?

    Results 1 - 10 of about 19,300 for "Linux just works"
    Results 1 - 10 of about 20,900 for "Linux is perfect".

  5. Re: Linux: application freezes on the letter G

    "Andrew Halliwell" wrote in message
    > whitemice wrote:
    >> This is a forum for trolls and malcontents; you aren't going to find
    >> technical assistance (or even sanity) here.

    > You do realise DFS is one of the biggest trolls and malcontents here.
    > He wasn't asking for help.
    > HE was dredging through the web for any evidence that linux doesn't work
    > perfectly in every possible situation so he could post it here...

    What you said is a *perfect* description of Roy Schestowitz.

    His last 8 posts:

    Wired on Fake Microsoft 'Innovation' Through Destruction and Hostility
    Microsoft Won't Eat Own Dogfood (Silverfish)
    Microsoft and Partner Group Shills: Windows Back Door is 'Benign'
    Microsoft Clouds and Datacentres a Wishful Mess
    Microsoft Windows CE Remotely Hijackable
    Microsoft the Carrier of the DRM Curse, Desktop Grip to Slip
    "Scientology Cult"-like Convicted Monopolist Replaced by Search Team-up?
    People Stop Buying PCs (and Unwanted Obligatory Windows) Due to Vista

    > Again...
    > and again...
    > and again...
    > and again...
    > and again...
    > and again...
    > and again...
    > and again...

    You *are* describing Roy Schestowitz. Take a look at his long and useless
    "related" crap that he attaches to every post he makes. I guess if he
    repeats the same anonymous blog entries from 2001 enough times idiots will
    start to believe his ****.

    > GOD he's a boring twat.

    Roy Schestowitz is more than boring, he's an idiot that can't tell the
    difference between a BIOS startup error and an OS error.

    > | spike1@freenet.co.uk | "I'm alive!!! I can touch! I can taste!
    > |
    > | Andrew Halliwell BSc | I can SMELL!!! KRYTEN!!! Unpack Rachel and
    > |
    > | in | get out the puncture repair kit!"
    > |
    > | Computer Science | Arnold Judas Rimmer- Red Dwarf

  6. Re: Linux: application freezes on the letter G

    DFS wrote:
    > Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    >
    >> HE was dredging through the web for any evidence that linux doesn't
    >> work perfectly in every possible situation

    > How's that possible... unless you lying Linux lusers have been telling a
    > tale for many years about how great Linux is?
    >
    > Results 1 - 10 of about 19,300 for "Linux just works"
    > Results 1 - 10 of about 20,900 for "Linux is perfect".

    Find one instance anywhere on usenet that I have claimed linux is perfect?
    Just one...
    Then you can call me a liar, until then, you're the one who wouldn't know
    the truth if it fell on you from 10 storeys up.

  7. Re: Linux: application freezes on the letter G

    Ezekiel wrote:
    > What you said is a *perfect* description of Roy Schestowitz.

    So? You have a point?
    It might surprise you to know that this is a LINUX newsgroup.
    Not a windows newsgroup.
    So, we, as a group of linux advocates, tend to look for things that reflect
    WELL on linux, and when microsoft is the biggest detractor, they take most
    of the flack.

    And quite rightly.

    > Roy Schestowitz is more than boring, he's an idiot that can't tell the
    > difference between a BIOS startup error and an OS error.

    Ahhh, but this isn't about him, is it.
    This is about you and doofy, ****enbush and quirk.
    I could lump UK and clogwog in with you too but that's taking the insult a
    little TOO far.
    | in |good to you so far... |

  8. Re: Linux: application freezes on the letter G

    > Ezekiel wrote:
    >> What you said is a *perfect* description of Roy Schestowitz.

    > So? You have a point?
    > It might surprise you to know that this is a LINUX newsgroup.
    > Not a windows newsgroup.
    > So, we, as a group of linux advocates, tend to look for things that
    > reflect
    > WELL on linux, and when microsoft is the biggest detractor, they take most
    > of the flack.
    >
    > And quite rightly.
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz is more than boring, he's an idiot that can't tell the
    >> difference between a BIOS startup error and an OS error.

    > Ahhh, but this isn't about him, is it.
    > This is about you and doofy, ****enbush and quirk.
    > I could lump UK and clogwog in with you too but that's taking the insult a
    > little TOO far.

    I see. So you'll complain about someone searching the web for evidence and
    then repeating and posting things over and over and over again...

    HE was dredging through the web for any evidence that linux doesn't work
    perfectly in every possible situation so he could post it here...
    Again...
    and again...
    and again...
    and again...
    and again...
    and again...
    and again...
    and again...

    But if what they repeat over and over and over again is some half-witted
    anonymous blog entry from 8 years ago then that's acceptable and okay with
    you because it's one of your own doing it.

    Or if one of your own idiots keeps making nonsense posts such as this dozens
    (hundreds) of times a day:

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

    Then that's also okay with you. After all, nothing that a linux "advocate"
    says or does is ever offensive, wrong or anti-charter. Are you really such a
    shallow hypocrite?

  9. Re: Linux: application freezes on the letter G

    Ezekiel wrote:
    > I see. So you'll complain about someone searching the web for evidence and
    > then repeating and posting things over and over and over again...

    That was informing someone who mistook dfs as a genuine poster.
    Not complaining.
    There's a difference.

    > But if what they repeat over and over and over again is some half-witted
    > anonymous blog entry from 8 years ago then that's acceptable and okay with
    > you because it's one of your own doing it.

    I rarely even READ roy's news posts, so why would I complain about them?
    And as for the oft repeated "Mosh golfarb is flatfish" posts...
    Check again.
    I *have* told the moron to stop, on several occasions.
    No response indicates either someone totally dense, someone totally
    incapable of taking on other people's opinions, a troll like you lot or, far
    more likely...

    A bot programmed to respond to every post by "mosh" with the same thing.
    And the owner of the bot doesn't give a **** what anyone else thinks.
    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  10. Re: Linux: application freezes on the letter G

    > Ezekiel wrote:
    >> I see. So you'll complain about someone searching the web for evidence
    >> and
    >> then repeating and posting things over and over and over again...

    > That was informing someone who mistook dfs as a genuine poster.
    > Not complaining.
    > There's a difference.
    >>
    >> But if what they repeat over and over and over again is some half-witted
    >> anonymous blog entry from 8 years ago then that's acceptable and okay
    >> with
    >> you because it's one of your own doing it.

    > I rarely even READ roy's news posts, so why would I complain about them?

    Too much quantity and not enough quality? Or is it that his posts are so
    intellecutally dishonest that they assume the reader is an absolute idiot.

    > And as for the oft repeated "Mosh golfarb is flatfish" posts...
    > Check again.
    > I *have* told the moron to stop, on several occasions.
    > No response indicates either someone totally dense, someone totally
    > incapable of taking on other people's opinions, a troll like you lot or,
    > far
    > more likely...
    >
    > A bot programmed to respond to every post by "mosh" with the same thing.
    > And the owner of the bot doesn't give a **** what anyone else thinks.

    Fair enough.

  11. Re: Linux: application freezes on the letter G

    Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >> Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    >>
    >>> HE was dredging through the web for any evidence that linux doesn't
    >>> work perfectly in every possible situation

    >> How's that possible... unless you lying Linux lusers have been
    >> telling a tale for many years about how great Linux is?
    >>
    >> Results 1 - 10 of about 19,300 for "Linux just works"
    >> Results 1 - 10 of about 20,900 for "Linux is perfect".

    > Find one instance anywhere on usenet that I have claimed linux is
    > perfect? Just one...

    Learn to read. I never claimed you made that statement.

  12. Re: Linux: application freezes on the letter G

    DFS wrote:
    > Learn to read. I never claimed you made that statement.

    Really?
    So... when you said "unless you lying Linux lusers have been telling a
    tale for many years about how great Linux is?" you weren't dredging up the
    old "perfect" argument again?

    Because linux IS great. I can't say anything about OSX because I've never
    used it, but apart from that, it's the best OS out there.

    Certainly more suited to desktop use than windows.
    And that's not a lie.
    Learn to tell the difference between lies and personal opinions.
    It's fairly simply, one is a blatant falsehood, like "the sky is yellow
    polkadots", one is someone expressing their own preferences.

    Why is it suited to desktop use more than windows? Look at your mailbox
    sometime... That spam didn't come from linux machines overrun by viruses
    y'know.

    IMO windows was the worst thing ever inflicted on computer hardware.
    Note again, OPINION.

    This however is a know FACT. You, sir, are an idiot.
    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |