George Hostler: One Stupid Cunt - Linux

This is a discussion on George Hostler: One Stupid Cunt - Linux ; Path: g2news1.google.com!news1.google.com!news2.google.c om!border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com !newsfeed00.sul.t-online.de!newsfeed01.sul.t-online.de!t-online.de!newsfeeder.dynfx.net!weretis.net!feed.cn ntp.org!news.cnntp.org!not-for-mail Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 09:35:47 -0600 From: High Plains Thumper User-Agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.14 (X11/20080505) MIME-Version: 1.0 Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy Subject: Re: Windows: complete POS. Microsoft: Half arsed ****wits References: In-Reply-To: Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: ...

  1. George Hostler: One Stupid Cunt

    Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 09:35:47 -0600
    From: High Plains Thumper
    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
    Subject: Re: Windows: complete POS. Microsoft: Half arsed ****wits

    DFS wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >
    >> His inability to get Linux to properly work makes me
    >> seriously doubt he develops software.

    > Looks like almost nobody can get Linux to "properly work".

    nobody != DFS

  2. Re: Never Mind George : Vista Doesn't Play with Linux Servers

    Anonymous coward posting as Nomen Nescio wrote:

    > Pa

    Self explanatory.

    Microsoft Vista desktops don't play well with Linux servers.
    J. Micah Grunert - Friday, August 31st, 2007 | 11:03AM (PST)

    The Vista users of Lund over in Sweden can't access the Internet through
    their Linux network.

    Imagine, an entire city running its digital infrastructure on Linux.
    Beautiful, right? Now imagine the frustration of Vista users when their
    Microsoft OS denies them access to the Internet due to some small bug in
    some Microsoft code.

    Frustrating indeed.

    The city of Lund, Sweden has been in the digital dark as Vista OS users
    cannot gain Internet access through the city's Linux based communications
    infrastructure. The company in charge if that city wide system, Lundis
    Energi, had said that the problem persists because of a bug in some Vista
    code. Lundis Energi also said that they are in no way willing to change
    the configuration of their server to cope with the flaw.

    [....]

    On the flip side, Microsoft has to get into gear with increased
    interoperability between Vista, Linux, XP, OSX, FreeBSD and every other
    operating system choice available on the market today.

    Besides, with Apache (a Linux type web server) being the dominant web
    server with more than 50 percent market share world wide, Microsoft should
    bow down just a little and open a window or two to help let the penguin
    in. After all, only a third of the web servers on earth run Microsoft.
    With all the negative press, surprises and user reluctance, it seems Vista
    has been a quagmire. A Microsoft server is required to fix things? That
    would make me feel as though it were a continuation of monopoly
    maintenance.

    --
    HPT

+ Reply to Thread