4 Fools - Linux

This is a discussion on 4 Fools - Linux ; On Mon, 12 May 2008 14:22:02 +0100, Andrew Halliwell wrote: > SomeBloke wrote: >> Yes, but still used as a vulgarity. Even in Shakespeare's day its use >> was regarded as shocking. My point is that there is no need ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 25 of 25

  1. Re: 4 Fools

    On Mon, 12 May 2008 14:22:02 +0100, Andrew Halliwell wrote:

    > SomeBloke wrote:
    >> Yes, but still used as a vulgarity. Even in Shakespeare's day its use
    >> was regarded as shocking. My point is that there is no need to descend
    >> into the sewer when there are so many more descriptive and cruel put
    >> downs that can be used.

    > True, but... The words cunt and twat so adequately describe them it's not
    > worth the effort to put any creativity into the insults...

    Well, there is *that*. After all they're just trolls, the lowest form of
    Usenet posters.

    --
    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
    This message was sent from a

  2. Re: 4 Fools

    On Mon, 12 May 2008 13:46:52 +0100, William Poaster wrote:

    > On Mon, 12 May 2008 12:56:05 +0100, SomeBloke wrote:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> Would you to point out where I call someone a "cunt"?
    >>>

    >> Look back through your postings to this NG and examine the language you
    >> have used to other posters. It's not big and it's not clever Rather it
    >> highlights a general lack of language skills that is becoming more and
    >> more prevalent, not just in this NG but everywhere that the language of
    >> Shakespeare and Milton is allegedly spoken.

    > In Shakespeare's day, I believe the word "coynte" was used. Though Chaucer
    > used "queinte" or "queynte". Old Englishe has it as "coint", & "qwaynt"
    > too.
    >
    > HTH. :-)

    For the first time I believe Willy Poaster has said something of value.
    A wee bit off topic, but at least something educational.

    Save this post because it's doubtful that we will see him do it again.
    Right Hamilcar, errr, Willy?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: 4 Fools

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  4. Re: 4 Fools

    William Poaster wrote:
    > SomeBloke wrote:
    >> William Poaster wrote:
    >>
    >>> In Shakespeare's day, I believe the word "coynte" was
    >>> used. Though Chaucer used "queinte" or "queynte". Old
    >>> Englishe has it as "coint", & "qwaynt" too. HTH. :-)

    >> Yes, but still used as a vulgarity. Even in Shakespeare's
    >> day its use was regarded as shocking.

    > Whoooooooooooooosh, at 20,000 feet.
    >
    >> My point is that there is no need to descend into the sewer
    >> when there are so many more descriptive and cruel put downs
    >> that can be used.

    > Ah, you mean like: If he'd come out of a hole 2" further
    > forward, he would have been a human being.

    Aye, mate, such divers flibbertigibbets are trolls; I would ye
    andfengends to follow Abbod Culley of magaþiht spirit. Be
    forthright to áfyllan in the ácwellednes file, to bringeth succour.

    (Translation - kill file the troll.)

    --
    HPT
    Quando omni flunkus moritati