[News] [Rival] MSN Messenger and Live Messenger (temporary) blockYoutobe links - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] [Rival] MSN Messenger and Live Messenger (temporary) blockYoutobe links - Linux ; Microsoft MSN Messenger and Live Messenger censured messages containing links to Youtobe for a couple of hours, hoping users would use Microsoft's own new online Video service. Now where have we seen such anticompetitive behavior before? In the meantime the ...

  1. [News] [Rival] MSN Messenger and Live Messenger (temporary) blockYoutobe links

    Microsoft MSN Messenger and Live Messenger censured messages containing
    links to Youtobe for a couple of hours, hoping users would use
    Microsoft's own new online Video service.

    Now where have we seen such anticompetitive behavior before?

    In the meantime the company has discontinued the block, due to heavy
    complain.

    The company has not commented yet.

    http://digg.com/microsoft/MSN_messen..._youtube_links

    Cheers

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] MSN Messenger and Live Messenger (temporary) block Youtobe links

    ml2mst writes:

    > Microsoft MSN Messenger and Live Messenger censured messages containing
    > links to Youtobe for a couple of hours, hoping users would use
    > Microsoft's own new online Video service.
    >
    > Now where have we seen such anticompetitive behavior before?
    >
    > In the meantime the company has discontinued the block, due to heavy
    > complain.
    >
    > The company has not commented yet.
    >
    > http://digg.com/microsoft/MSN_messen..._youtube_links
    >
    > Cheers

    I assumed you complained when it happened to you?

    --
    * JHM wonders what Joey did to earn "I'd just like to say, for the record,
    that Joey rules."

  3. Re: [News] [Rival] MSN Messenger and Live Messenger (temporary) block Youtobe links

    On Mon, 12 May 2008 00:01:42 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > ml2mst writes:
    >
    >> Microsoft MSN Messenger and Live Messenger censured messages containing
    >> links to Youtobe for a couple of hours, hoping users would use
    >> Microsoft's own new online Video service.
    >>
    >> Now where have we seen such anticompetitive behavior before?
    >>
    >> In the meantime the company has discontinued the block, due to heavy
    >> complain.
    >>
    >> The company has not commented yet.
    >>
    >> http://digg.com/microsoft/MSN_messen..._youtube_links
    >>
    >> Cheers

    > I assumed you complained when it happened to you?

    Exactly.
    Did he file a bug report?
    If not, he no reason to complain.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: [News] [Rival] MSN Messenger and Live Messenger (temporary) block Youtobe links

    Moshe Goldfarb writes:

    > On Mon, 12 May 2008 00:01:42 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> ml2mst writes:
    >>
    >>> Microsoft MSN Messenger and Live Messenger censured messages containing
    >>> links to Youtobe for a couple of hours, hoping users would use
    >>> Microsoft's own new online Video service.
    >>>
    >>> Now where have we seen such anticompetitive behavior before?
    >>>
    >>> In the meantime the company has discontinued the block, due to heavy
    >>> complain.
    >>>
    >>> The company has not commented yet.
    >>>
    >>> http://digg.com/microsoft/MSN_messen..._youtube_links
    >>>
    >>> Cheers

    >> I assumed you complained when it happened to you?

    > Exactly.
    > Did he file a bug report?
    > If not, he no reason to complain.

    Marti is a windows user too. I wonder if he has a Windows "hackwerk"
    poster too? He could put Peter Koehlmann and Roy Shestowitz on it. In
    addition to Homer, chrisv (for services to closed source news readers)
    and numerous other COLA "advocates".

    --
    This year with the release of XP, they are actually behind. The end days
    are near for the BIOS reading inferior OS. It is inevitable.

  5. Re: [News] [Rival] MSN Messenger and Live Messenger (temporary) block Youtobe links

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  6. Re: [News] [Rival] MSN Messenger and Live Messenger (temporary) block Youtobe links

    "jorge_shillingford" writes:

    > Moshe Goldfarb is flatfish (in real life Gary Stewart)
    >
    > http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/...arb-troll.html
    > http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ish-troll.html
    >
    > Traits:
    >
    > * Nym shifting (see below)
    > * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    > * Homophobic
    > * Racist
    > * Habitual liar
    > * Frequently cross posts replies to other non-Linux related newsgroups
    > * Frequently cross posts articles originally not posted to COLA

    It looks like HPT has got cross again at being laughed at for being a
    clueless phoney!

    --
    This year with the release of XP, they are actually behind. The end days
    are near for the BIOS reading inferior OS. It is inevitable.

  7. Re: [News] [Rival] MSN Messenger and Live Messenger (temporary) block Youtobe links

    On Mon, 12 May 2008 00:16:43 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > "jorge_shillingford" writes:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb is flatfish (in real life Gary Stewart)
    >>
    >> http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/...arb-troll.html
    >> http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ish-troll.html
    >>
    >> Traits:
    >>
    >> * Nym shifting (see below)
    >> * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    >> * Homophobic
    >> * Racist
    >> * Habitual liar
    >> * Frequently cross posts replies to other non-Linux related newsgroups
    >> * Frequently cross posts articles originally not posted to COLA

    > It looks like HPT has got cross again at being laughed at for being a
    > clueless phoney!

    Yea!

    It's just sooooooo easy to pull his strings!
    Just like a deranged puppet in some Bride of Chucky movie.

    COLA is the best entertainment on USENET.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/