Re: [News] [Rival] Windows XP SP3 is a Mess, Microsoft Loses SoftwarePower - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] [Rival] Windows XP SP3 is a Mess, Microsoft Loses SoftwarePower - Linux ; Verily I say unto thee, that Roy Schestowitz spake thusly: > Windows XP SP3 Sows Havoc, Users Complain What a surprise. "Microsoft said the restrictions are designed to prevent system instabilities." LOL! -- K. http://slated.org ..---- | 'When it comes ...

  1. Re: [News] [Rival] Windows XP SP3 is a Mess, Microsoft Loses SoftwarePower

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    21:24:19 up 142 days, 18:00, 6 users, load average: 0.05, 0.42, 0.44

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Windows XP SP3 is a Mess, Microsoft Loses Software Power

  3. Re: [News] [Rival] Windows XP SP3 is a Mess, Microsoft Loses SoftwarePower

    > People like Joe Wilcox of Microsoft Watch say they are afraid of
    > system updates.

    Not that I've ever trusted Microsoft, but at least I always used to
    /assume/ that /updates/ meant exactly that, *up*dates, not *down*grades.
    However, just like Joe Wilcox, I no longer trust these supposed updates
    any more, to the point that I simply don't deploy /any/ so-called
    updates that come from Microsoft now ... at all ... ever.

    In fact, as I've said before, I've completely disabled WUS and BITS
    (Windows Update Service and Background Intelligent Transfer Service),
    which is the only way of ensuring that my two (dual boot) XP systems
    don't get b0rked by updates ... including those /stealth/ updates that
    simply ignore your automatic updates preferences:

    http://slated.org/windows_by_stealth..._you_dont_want

    The irony is that now many people will refuse to apply updates, some of
    which will be necessary to fix Windows' *many* security vulnerabilities.

    Some choice, eh? Allow Windows Update to make your system unusable, or
    keep a working system that gets hacked into a Botnet.

    Welcome to the wonderful world of Microsoft Slopware.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    12:18:20 up 143 days, 8:54, 6 users, load average: 4.80, 4.58, 4.58

+ Reply to Thread