Dilbert now dissing Vista and MS - Linux

This is a discussion on Dilbert now dissing Vista and MS - Linux ; ha ha Clearly a slam at Vista and MS monopolistic practices http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2008-05-11/...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

  1. Dilbert now dissing Vista and MS

    ha ha

    Clearly a slam at Vista and MS monopolistic practices

    http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2008-05-11/

  2. Re: Dilbert now dissing Linux again (was: Dilbert now dissing Vista and MS)

    On Sun, 11 May 2008 10:05:16 -0700, Philip wrote:

    > ha ha
    >
    > Clearly a slam at Vista and MS monopolistic practices
    >
    > http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2008-05-11/

    Looks more like Linux to me.
    The distro of the week club in fact.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Dilbert now dissing Linux again (was: Dilbert now dissing Vista and MS)

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  4. Re: Dilbert now dissing Linux again (was: Dilbert now dissing Vista and MS)

    Moshe Goldfarb writes:

    > On Sun, 11 May 2008 10:05:16 -0700, Philip wrote:
    >
    >> ha ha
    >>
    >> Clearly a slam at Vista and MS monopolistic practices
    >>
    >> http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2008-05-11/

    > Looks more like Linux to me.
    > The distro of the week club in fact.

    Scott Adams and his team recommend this "Linux/Unix" link for Linux
    users:

    http://dilbert.com/fast/2008-05-11/

    I think they must be worried about flash not working.

  5. Re: Dilbert now dissing Linux again (was: Dilbert now dissing Vistaand MS)

    On Sun, 11 May 2008 13:08:16 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Sun, 11 May 2008 10:05:16 -0700, Philip wrote:
    >
    >> ha ha
    >>
    >> Clearly a slam at Vista and MS monopolistic practices
    >>
    >> http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2008-05-11/

    > Looks more like Linux to me.

    That's because you're a dishonest Microsoft shill.

    > The distro of the week club in fact.

    More like the Microsoft treadmill.

    --
    Rick

  6. Re: Dilbert now dissing Linux again (was: Dilbert now dissing Vistaand MS)

    On Sun, 11 May 2008 19:55:05 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb writes:
    >
    >> On Sun, 11 May 2008 10:05:16 -0700, Philip wrote:
    >>
    >>> ha ha
    >>>
    >>> Clearly a slam at Vista and MS monopolistic practices
    >>>
    >>> http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2008-05-11/

    >> Looks more like Linux to me.
    >> The distro of the week club in fact.

    > Scott Adams and his team recommend this "Linux/Unix" link for Linux
    > users:
    >
    > http://dilbert.com/fast/2008-05-11/
    >
    > I think they must be worried about flash not working.

    They "recommend"? Where is the "recommendation" and how is it worded?

    --
    Rick

  7. Re: Dilbert now dissing Linux again (was: Dilbert now dissing Vista and MS)

    Rick writes:

    > On Sun, 11 May 2008 19:55:05 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb writes:

    >>> Looks more like Linux to me.
    >>> The distro of the week club in fact.

    >> Scott Adams and his team recommend this "Linux/Unix" link for Linux
    >> users:
    >>
    >> http://dilbert.com/fast/2008-05-11/
    >>
    >> I think they must be worried about flash not working.

    > They "recommend"? Where is the "recommendation" and how is it worded?

    Seriously Rick do you do this to appear as dumb as HPT? I already
    explained this the other day. Just because HPT was too stupid to
    understand it doesn't mean you need to follow suit. But you're normally
    polite and reasonable so I will explain once more.

    Go to the Dilbert home page.

    http://dilbert.com/

    Now look at the links at the bottom. The simplified flash free page is
    linked to with the link "LINUX/UNIX".

    Now, that wasn't difficult was it?

    You can join the dots now.

    --
    joy/elmo: why can't the same ip be used? was this fire so
    great that it burned the ip address?

  8. Re: Dilbert now dissing Linux again

    On Sun, 11 May 2008 19:55:05 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb writes:
    >
    >> On Sun, 11 May 2008 10:05:16 -0700, Philip wrote:
    >>
    >>> ha ha
    >>>
    >>> Clearly a slam at Vista and MS monopolistic practices
    >>>
    >>> http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2008-05-11/

    >> Looks more like Linux to me.
    >> The distro of the week club in fact.

    > Scott Adams and his team recommend this "Linux/Unix" link for Linux
    > users:
    >
    > http://dilbert.com/fast/2008-05-11/
    >
    > I think they must be worried about flash not working.

    Typical Linux....

    I remember when that documentary movie loosely based on Linux vs Microsoft
    came out and the trailers couldn't even be viewed by Linux users because no
    plugin for that particular version of Quicktime existed then.

    Talk about hysterical.
    You should have seen the Linux loons in mass denial.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  9. Re: Dilbert now dissing Linux again

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  10. Re: Dilbert now dissing Linux again (was: Dilbert now dissing Vistaand MS)

    On Sun, 11 May 2008 20:31:55 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Rick writes:

    >>> Scott Adams and his team recommend this "Linux/Unix" link for Linux
    >>> users:
    >>>
    >>> http://dilbert.com/fast/2008-05-11/
    >>>
    >>> I think they must be worried about flash not working.

    >> They "recommend"? Where is the "recommendation" and how is it worded?

    > Seriously Rick do you do this to appear as dumb as HPT? I already
    > explained this the other day. Just because HPT was too stupid to
    > understand it doesn't mean you need to follow suit. But you're normally
    > polite and reasonable so I will explain once more.
    >
    > Go to the Dilbert home page.
    >
    > http://dilbert.com/
    >
    > Now look at the links at the bottom. The simplified flash free page is
    > linked to with the link "LINUX/UNIX".
    >
    > Now, that wasn't difficult was it?
    >
    > You can join the dots now.

    .... and words do they use to "recommend" this page? Do they recommend for
    ALL Linux/Unix users? All? If so, that's Apple users too, now.

    And maybe you explain why the flash worked for me under PCLinuxOS 2007
    and Firefox 2.0.12?

    --
    Rick

  11. Re: Dilbert now dissing Linux again

    On Sun, 11 May 2008 16:04:22 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Sun, 11 May 2008 19:55:05 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb writes:

    >>> Looks more like Linux to me.
    >>> The distro of the week club in fact.

    >> Scott Adams and his team recommend this "Linux/Unix" link for Linux
    >> users:
    >>
    >> http://dilbert.com/fast/2008-05-11/
    >>
    >> I think they must be worried about flash not working.

    > Typical Linux....
    >
    > I remember when that documentary movie loosely based on Linux vs
    > Microsoft came out and the trailers couldn't even be viewed by Linux
    > users because no plugin for that particular version of Quicktime existed
    > then.
    >
    > Talk about hysterical.
    > You should have seen the Linux loons in mass denial.

    As opposed to lying bigots like yourself?

    --
    Rick

  12. Re: Dilbert now dissing Linux again (was: Dilbert now dissing Vista and MS)

    On Sun, 11 May 2008 16:32:21 -0500, Rick wrote:

    > On Sun, 11 May 2008 20:31:55 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Rick writes:

    >>> They "recommend"? Where is the "recommendation" and how is it worded?

    >> Seriously Rick do you do this to appear as dumb as HPT? I already
    >> explained this the other day. Just because HPT was too stupid to
    >> understand it doesn't mean you need to follow suit. But you're normally
    >> polite and reasonable so I will explain once more.
    >>
    >> Go to the Dilbert home page.
    >>
    >> http://dilbert.com/
    >>
    >> Now look at the links at the bottom. The simplified flash free page is
    >> linked to with the link "LINUX/UNIX".
    >>
    >> Now, that wasn't difficult was it?
    >>
    >> You can join the dots now.

    > ... and words do they use to "recommend" this page? Do they recommend for
    > ALL Linux/Unix users? All? If so, that's Apple users too, now.
    >
    > And maybe you explain why the flash worked for me under PCLinuxOS 2007 and
    > Firefox 2.0.12?

    And in Mandriva 2008.1 with Firefox 2.0.0.13, *&* Firefox 3 Beta 5?

    --
    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
    This message was sent from a

  13. Re: Dilbert now dissing Linux again

    On Sun, 11 May 2008 16:04:22 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Sun, 11 May 2008 19:55:05 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb writes:

    >>> Looks more like Linux to me.
    >>> The distro of the week club in fact.

    >> Scott Adams and his team recommend this "Linux/Unix" link for Linux
    >> users:
    >>
    >> http://dilbert.com/fast/2008-05-11/
    >>
    >> I think they must be worried about flash not working.

    > Typical Linux....

    Actually, you have that wrong. It is extremely *un*typical of Linux,
    because Linux as a rule tends towards open formats, open standards and
    the like.

    By contrast, it is generally _closed_ software - such as flash - which
    tend to end up creating needless incompatibilities.

    The use of such technologies on the web is particularly silly, as the
    whole point to the web, and the technologies which drive it, is to be
    open, to be platform/os/etc agnostic. To introduce into such an
    environment a technology - flash or what else have you - which is *not*
    platform agnostic is a net disservice to all users.

    I must admit, I'll never understand the mentality involved. Open source
    and open formats benefit *everyone*, not just Linux users, the sole
    exception to this being application vendors who wish to "lock in" users
    to a particular application or application line. While that may benefit
    those vendors, it is not a benefit to the users; their maximum benefit
    comes from maximal openness, where they are not beholden to any
    application, technology or vendor.

    Why, then, would people criticize a platform whose entire reason for
    being is to promote and support exactly that which benefits everyone,
    *including* the ones criticizing it? Oh, sure, criticize it for any
    actual shortcomings it may have, but criticizing it for doing exactly
    what it is intended to do, doing what it does to your own benefit? That
    goes beyond bizarre.

  14. Re: Dilbert now dissing Linux again

    On Sun, 11 May 2008 23:30:01 GMT, Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:

    > Actually, you have that wrong. It is extremely *un*typical of Linux,
    > because Linux as a rule tends towards open formats, open standards and
    > the like.

    The problem is 90+ precent of the world is using Windows............
    Linux for all of it's open standards and formats need not apply if all a
    person wants to do is view a web page (IE still rules) or a document.

    Moving toward open formats is a good idea but it hasn't happened yet and
    might never happen.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  15. Re: Dilbert now dissing Linux again

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  16. Re: Dilbert now dissing Linux again

    On Sun, 11 May 2008 19:34:44 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Sun, 11 May 2008 23:30:01 GMT, Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
    >

    >> Actually, you have that wrong. It is extremely *un*typical of Linux,
    >> because Linux as a rule tends towards open formats, open standards and
    >> the like.

    > The problem is 90+ precent of the world is using Windows............
    > Linux for all of it's open standards and formats need not apply if all a
    > person wants to do is view a web page (IE still rules) or a document.
    >
    > Moving toward open formats is a good idea but it hasn't happened yet and
    > might never happen.

    ... especially with people like you around.

    --
    Rick

  17. Re: Dilbert now dissing Linux again

    Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:

    > On Sun, 11 May 2008 16:04:22 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    >>> Scott Adams and his team recommend this "Linux/Unix" link for Linux
    >>> users:
    >>>
    >>> http://dilbert.com/fast/2008-05-11/
    >>>
    >>> I think they must be worried about flash not working.

    >> Typical Linux....

    > Actually, you have that wrong. It is extremely *un*typical of Linux,
    > because Linux as a rule tends towards open formats, open standards and
    > the like.
    >
    > By contrast, it is generally _closed_ software - such as flash - which
    > tend to end up creating needless incompatibilities.
    >
    > The use of such technologies on the web is particularly silly, as the
    > whole point to the web, and the technologies which drive it, is to be
    > open, to be platform/os/etc agnostic. To introduce into such an
    > environment a technology - flash or what else have you - which is *not*
    > platform agnostic is a net disservice to all users.
    >
    > I must admit, I'll never understand the mentality involved. Open source
    > and open formats benefit *everyone*, not just Linux users, the sole
    > exception to this being application vendors who wish to "lock in" users
    > to a particular application or application line. While that may benefit
    > those vendors, it is not a benefit to the users; their maximum benefit
    > comes from maximal openness, where they are not beholden to any
    > application, technology or vendor.
    >
    > Why, then, would people criticize a platform whose entire reason for
    > being is to promote and support exactly that which benefits everyone,
    > *including* the ones criticizing it? Oh, sure, criticize it for any
    > actual shortcomings it may have, but criticizing it for doing exactly
    > what it is intended to do, doing what it does to your own benefit? That
    > goes beyond bizarre.

    Again, i ask the question Kelsey, WHY DO YOU KEEP ON FEEDING THESE
    TROLLS????

  18. Re: Dilbert now dissing Linux again (was: Dilbert now dissing Vista and MS)

    Hadron wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb writes:
    >
    >> On Sun, 11 May 2008 10:05:16 -0700, Philip wrote:
    >>
    >>> ha ha
    >>>
    >>> Clearly a slam at Vista and MS monopolistic practices
    >>>
    >>> http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2008-05-11/

    >> Looks more like Linux to me.
    >> The distro of the week club in fact.

    > Scott Adams and his team recommend this "Linux/Unix" link for Linux
    > users:
    >
    > http://dilbert.com/fast/2008-05-11/
    >
    > I think they must be worried about flash not working.

    The flash site works as well under Linux as it does under Windows and it is
    b0rk3d in both. If you want to be able to read the Sunday strips correctly,
    the "fast" site is the best way to go.

    Ian

  19. Re: Dilbert now dissing Linux again (was: Dilbert now dissing Vista and MS)

    Ian Hilliard writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb writes:

    >>> Looks more like Linux to me.
    >>> The distro of the week club in fact.

    >> Scott Adams and his team recommend this "Linux/Unix" link for Linux
    >> users:
    >>
    >> http://dilbert.com/fast/2008-05-11/
    >>
    >> I think they must be worried about flash not working.

    > The flash site works as well under Linux as it does under Windows and it is
    > b0rk3d in both. If you want to be able to read the Sunday strips correctly,
    > the "fast" site is the best way to go.
    >
    > Ian

    Actually wrong. Many Linux users do not have flash working properly as
    any time in a Linux help group would show you.

    Q: why do YOU think they named the link to this page as "LINUX/UNIX"?

    --
    3990 N Apr 15 Cute Girlfriend ( 45) Erotic Amateur Girlfriends
    I wasn't aware you had professional girlfriends as well

  20. Re: Dilbert now dissing Linux again

    On Sun, 11 May 2008 20:34:31 -0400, none of your buisiness wrote:

    > Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:

    >>> Typical Linux....

    >> Actually, you have that wrong. It is extremely *un*typical of Linux,
    >> because Linux as a rule tends towards open formats, open standards and
    >> the like.
    >>
    >> By contrast, it is generally _closed_ software - such as flash - which
    >> tend to end up creating needless incompatibilities.
    >>
    >> The use of such technologies on the web is particularly silly, as the
    >> whole point to the web, and the technologies which drive it, is to be
    >> open, to be platform/os/etc agnostic. To introduce into such an
    >> environment a technology - flash or what else have you - which is *not*
    >> platform agnostic is a net disservice to all users.
    >>
    >> I must admit, I'll never understand the mentality involved. Open
    >> source and open formats benefit *everyone*, not just Linux users, the
    >> sole exception to this being application vendors who wish to "lock in"
    >> users to a particular application or application line. While that may
    >> benefit those vendors, it is not a benefit to the users; their maximum
    >> benefit comes from maximal openness, where they are not beholden to any
    >> application, technology or vendor.
    >>
    >> Why, then, would people criticize a platform whose entire reason for
    >> being is to promote and support exactly that which benefits everyone,
    >> *including* the ones criticizing it? Oh, sure, criticize it for any
    >> actual shortcomings it may have, but criticizing it for doing exactly
    >> what it is intended to do, doing what it does to your own benefit?
    >> That goes beyond bizarre.

    > Again, i ask the question Kelsey, WHY DO YOU KEEP ON FEEDING THESE
    > TROLLS????

    Says an anonymous poster.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast