Linux in Under 5 Minutes

,----[ Quote ]
| While the majority of web workers are Windows- and Mac-based, there are a lot
| of good, free ways to open up to the rich world of Linux applications, too.
| Some people go to the trouble of using virtualization tools to run Linux
| locally on the same machine they have their primary operating systems on. You
| don’t have to go to these lengths, though. In this post, I’ll cover ways to
| get into using Linux and applications for it running from nothing more than a
| CD or USB key.

Running Linux Over Windows Without Virtualization

,----[ Quote ]
| In the April issue (andLinux: A Parallel Workstation, page 98), we discussed
| about andLinux, which co-exists with Windows. When you install andLinux on
| any Windows system, it is installed as an application.

These are not Linux sites and they encourage readers to try GNU/Linux, which is
a great sign of mainstreaming.

Microsoft used to play dirty until antitrust threat arose (details below).

Microsoft insults our intelligence on Virtualization security

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has once again pulled out the security argument for its
| decision again and I must say that I find it rather insulting. *It’s
| not that I think Microsoft doesn’t have a right as a private business
| to set the terms of the EULA as they see fit, but don’t take us for f
| ools. *If they want to restrict Virtualization, just come out and
| say it and don’t make up ridiculous excuses for it.
| [...]
| Trying to stop a Hypervisor Rootkit with a EULA is like trying to
| stop Malware with a EULA.

Vista Home Editions Won't Run On Mac, Linux Virtual Machines

,----[ Quote ]
| That means Linux aficionados or users of Apple Macs will not legally
| be able to use software from vendors such as Parallels or EMC's VMWare
| to create so-called virtual machines on their desktops to run Vista
| alongside their favorite OS. Windows users wanting to run Vista in a
| virtual machine environment for security or productivity purposes
| also will need either the Business or Ultimate Edition.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)