Schestowitz tries to bankrupt Firefox - Linux

This is a discussion on Schestowitz tries to bankrupt Firefox - Linux ; A big surprise to a lot of the COLA morons, or "advocates as they like to call themselves, is that serious programmers of OSS do indeed need income. And Firefox generates theirs from the google bar. http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technolog...make_buck.html Looking to close ...

  1. Schestowitz tries to bankrupt Firefox

    A big surprise to a lot of the COLA morons, or "advocates as they like
    to call themselves, is that serious programmers of OSS do indeed need
    income. And Firefox generates theirs from the google bar.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technolog...make_buck.html

    Looking to close Firefox down, by far the most successful OSS out there,
    Roy Schestowitz is creating his own "free" search engine. It is of
    course rubbish but apparently the bearded masses are queueing at his
    door to be part of his mighty vision:

    http://www.iuron.com

  2. Re: Schestowitz tries to bankrupt Firefox

    Hadron wrote:

    > A[BITCHSLAP]

    Take the rest of the day off, troll.

    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....On the other hand, you have different fingers.

    Good to the last supper

  3. Re: Hadron declares himslef a moron

    On Sun, 11 May 2008 17:31:59 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > A big surprise to a lot of the COLA morons, or "advocates as they like
    > to call themselves, is that serious programmers of OSS do indeed need
    > income. And Firefox generates theirs from the google bar.

    You describe yourself as an advocate, so by your above reasoning, you
    have just declared yourself to be a moron.

    > http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technology/2008/05/

    firefox_can_browsers_make_buck.html

    > Looking to close Firefox down, by far the most successful OSS out there,
    > Roy Schestowitz is creating his own "free" search engine. It is of
    > course rubbish but apparently the bearded masses are queueing at his
    > door to be part of his mighty vision:
    >
    > http://www.iuron.com

    Yo have yet to show that Roy is trying to bankrupt Firefox.

    --
    Rick

  4. Re: Hadron declares himslef a moron

    Rick writes:

    > On Sun, 11 May 2008 17:31:59 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> A big surprise to a lot of the COLA morons, or "advocates as they like
    >> to call themselves, is that serious programmers of OSS do indeed need
    >> income. And Firefox generates theirs from the google bar.

    > You describe yourself as an advocate, so by your above reasoning, you
    > have just declared yourself to be a moron.

    Rick - do try and think - I said "advocates". There is a difference.

    >> http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technology/2008/05/

    > firefox_can_browsers_make_buck.html
    >>
    >> Looking to close Firefox down, by far the most successful OSS out there,
    >> Roy Schestowitz is creating his own "free" search engine. It is of
    >> course rubbish but apparently the bearded masses are queueing at his
    >> door to be part of his mighty vision:
    >>
    >> http://www.iuron.com

    > Yo have yet to show that Roy is trying to bankrupt Firefox.

    I am also still to explain to you that 1+1==2 because it should be clear
    enough. Try to follow the text.

    But for someone who doesn't seem to understand how a consistent UI is
    important I suspect you won't "get it".

  5. Re: Hadron declares himslef a moron

    On Sun, 11 May 2008 11:44:33 -0500, Rick wrote:

    > On Sun, 11 May 2008 17:31:59 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> A big surprise to a lot of the COLA morons, or "advocates as they like
    >> to call themselves, is that serious programmers of OSS do indeed need
    >> income. And Firefox generates theirs from the google bar.

    > You describe yourself as an advocate, so by your above reasoning, you have
    > just declared yourself to be a moron.

    That's a given. And the *only* advocacy he's done is for M$.

    I see no illegally maintained monopoly.

    From: Hadron
    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
    Subject: Re: Microsoft Sued Over (Lack of) Standards Compliance
    Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007

    Anyone who says Open Office is as
    good as MS Office is living in denial.

    From: Hadron Quark
    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
    Subject: Re: what if Microsoft owned Nintendo ..
    Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007

    So you think it's tougher for Free (as in beer) SW to replace MS SW? It
    doesn't replace the MS stuff generally because the "free" application SW
    is piss poor in relation to the purchased versions. The obvious
    exceptions are already well documented here.
    LOL. You guys just get nuttier by the day.

    From: Hadron
    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
    Subject: Re: [News] Analysts unhappy with Windows Vista
    Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007

    Linux as a desktop OS is pretty much doomed it would appear.
    Too little too late.

    Hadron
    Fri, 25 Jan 2008

    There is a certain amount of hostility towards Linux in most of your
    posts. Your statement above is one prime example. Google can reveal plenty
    others. Even a blind person reading this newsgroup could pretty quickly
    figure out that you do appear to favor MS...hence why question why do you
    bother with linux?

    From: Stephan Rose
    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.os.linux.ubuntu
    Subject: Re: OSX 7% Linux .63% -- Just as predicted --
    Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008

    And there are more like the last message, which wasn't even from "One of
    the COLA gang".

    >> http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technology/2008/05/

    > firefox_can_browsers_make_buck.html
    >>
    >> Looking to close Firefox down, by far the most successful OSS out there,
    >> Roy Schestowitz is creating his own "free" search engine. It is of
    >> course rubbish but apparently the bearded masses are queueing at his
    >> door to be part of his mighty vision:
    >>
    >> http://www.iuron.com

    > Yo have yet to show that Roy is trying to bankrupt Firefox.

    Quack is an utter cretin.

    --
    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
    This message was sent from a

  6. Re: Hadron declares himslef a moron

    On Sun, 11 May 2008 18:46:59 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Rick writes:
    >
    >> On Sun, 11 May 2008 17:31:59 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> A big surprise to a lot of the COLA morons, or "advocates as they like
    >>> to call themselves, is that serious programmers of OSS do indeed need
    >>> income. And Firefox generates theirs from the google bar.

    >> You describe yourself as an advocate, so by your above reasoning, you
    >> have just declared yourself to be a moron.

    > Rick - do try and think - I said "advocates". There is a difference.

    Hadron, do try to at least act honestly. You claim to be an "advocate".

    >>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technology/2008/05/

    >> firefox_can_browsers_make_buck.html
    >>>
    >>> Looking to close Firefox down, by far the most successful OSS out
    >>> there, Roy Schestowitz is creating his own "free" search engine. It is
    >>> of course rubbish but apparently the bearded masses are queueing at
    >>> his door to be part of his mighty vision:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.iuron.com

    >> You have yet to show that Roy is trying to bankrupt Firefox.

    > I am also still to explain to you that 1+1==2 because it should be clear
    > enough. Try to follow the text.

    You have yet to show that Roy is trying to bankrupt Firefox.

    > But for someone who doesn't seem to understand how a consistent UI is
    > important I suspect you won't "get it".

    And you prove you can't read. I have stated many times I think a
    consistent UI is important. You, OTOH, seem to want to force a particular
    desktop environment on people, while trying to convince them you just
    want them to have a "consistent" UI.

    --
    Rick

  7. Re: Hadron declares himslef a moron

    Rick writes:

    > On Sun, 11 May 2008 18:46:59 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Rick writes:

    >>> You describe yourself as an advocate, so by your above reasoning, you
    >>> have just declared yourself to be a moron.

    >> Rick - do try and think - I said "advocates". There is a difference.

    > Hadron, do try to at least act honestly. You claim to be an
    > "advocate".

    No Rick. I am an advocate. Also, just to make you blush more, I also
    said a "lot" not all.

    >>> firefox_can_browsers_make_buck.html

    >>> You have yet to show that Roy is trying to bankrupt Firefox.

    >> I am also still to explain to you that 1+1==2 because it should be clear
    >> enough. Try to follow the text.

    > You have yet to show that Roy is trying to bankrupt Firefox.

    Huh? Are you really this stupid?

    >> But for someone who doesn't seem to understand how a consistent UI is
    >> important I suspect you won't "get it".

    > And you prove you can't read. I have stated many times I think a
    > consistent UI is important. You, OTOH, seem to want to force a particular
    > desktop environment on people, while trying to convince them you just
    > want them to have a "consistent" UI.

    Where do I want this? Are you mad? You still do not appear to understand
    what consistent means.

    --
    This is Unix we're talking about, remember. It's not supposed to be
    nice for the applications programmer.

  8. Re: Hadron declares himslef a moron

    Hadron wrote:

    > No Rick. I am an advocate.

    Then by your own words you are a "COLA moron". What a pathetic little turd
    you are, Quack. In your zeal to troll the NG, you once again make yourself
    look like a fool.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

    Good to the last supper

  9. Re: Hadron declares himslef a moron

    On Sun, 11 May 2008 20:33:45 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Rick writes:

    >>> Rick - do try and think - I said "advocates". There is a difference.

    >> Hadron, do try to at least act honestly. You claim to be an "advocate".

    > No Rick. I am an advocate. Also, just to make you blush more, I also
    > said a "lot" not all.

    No, Hadron, you claim to be an "advocate". And, since you have never made
    me blush, you can't make me blush more.

    >>> I am also still to explain to you that 1+1==2 because it should be
    >>> clear enough. Try to follow the text.

    >> You have yet to show that Roy is trying to bankrupt Firefox.

    > Huh? Are you really this stupid?

    Huh? Are you really that stupid?You have yet to show that Roy is trying
    to bankrupt Firefox.

    >>> But for someone who doesn't seem to understand how a consistent UI is
    >>> important I suspect you won't "get it".

    >> And you prove you can't read. I have stated many times I think a
    >> consistent UI is important. You, OTOH, seem to want to force a
    >> particular desktop environment on people, while trying to convince them
    >> you just want them to have a "consistent" UI.

    > Where do I want this? Are you mad? You still do not appear to understand
    > what consistent means.

    I understand it completely. You are the one trying to push the one true
    interface.

    --
    Rick

  10. Re: Hadron declares himslef a moron

    Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> No Rick. I am an advocate.

    > Then by your own words you are a "COLA moron". What a pathetic
    > little turd you are, Quack. In your zeal to troll the NG, you
    > once again make yourself look like a fool.

    "Anything said in COLA is a crock of ****."
    Hadron Quark, Tuesday 03 Jul 2007 - alt.os.linux.ubuntu

    --
    HPT
    Quando omni flunkus moritati

  11. Re: Schestowitz tries to bankrupt Firefox

    wrote:

    >A big surprise to a lot of the COLA morons, or "advocates as they like
    >to call themselves, is that serious programmers of OSS do indeed need
    >income. And Firefox generates theirs from the google bar.
    >
    >http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technolog...make_buck.html
    >
    >Looking to close Firefox down, by far the most successful OSS out there,
    >Roy Schestowitz is creating his own "free" search engine. It is of
    >course rubbish but apparently the bearded masses are queueing at his
    >door to be part of his mighty vision:
    >
    >http://www.iuron.com

    Juicy tidbits:

    "Coming soon"
    "last updated in October 2005 "

  12. Re: Schestowitz tries to bankrupt Firefox

    OK writes:

    > On Sun, 11 May 2008 17:31:59 +0200, Hadron
    > wrote:
    >

    >>A big surprise to a lot of the COLA morons, or "advocates as they like
    >>to call themselves, is that serious programmers of OSS do indeed need
    >>income. And Firefox generates theirs from the google bar.
    >>
    >>http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technolog...make_buck.html
    >>
    >>Looking to close Firefox down, by far the most successful OSS out there,
    >>Roy Schestowitz is creating his own "free" search engine. It is of
    >>course rubbish but apparently the bearded masses are queueing at his
    >>door to be part of his mighty vision:
    >>
    >>http://www.iuron.com

    > Juicy tidbits:
    >
    > "Coming soon"
    > "last updated in October 2005 "

    He often boasts about "programming in KDE" and so forth, but I wonder
    what, if anything, he has actually contributed to OSS despite all his
    spam and lies.

  13. Re: Schestowitz tries to bankrupt Firefox

    On Mon, 12 May 2008 14:27:05 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    (snip
    > He often boasts about "programming in KDE" and so forth, but I wonder
    > what, if anything, he has actually contributed to OSS despite all his
    > spam and lies.

    What have you ever contributed besides you spam, trolls and lies?

    --
    Rick

  14. Re: Schestowitz tries to bankrupt Firefox

    Hadron wrote:

    > He often boasts about "programming in KDE" and so forth, but I wonder
    > what, if anything, he has actually contributed to OSS despite all his
    > spam and lies.

    You never did tell us exactly WHAT your supposed contribution to OSS was,
    Quack. Did you come up with an improved QWK mail reader?
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ..../////////// POLICE TAGLINE - DO NOT CROSS \\\\\\\\\\\\\

    Good to the last supper

  15. Re: Schestowitz tries to bankrupt Firefox

    Rick wrote:

    > What have you ever contributed besides you spam, trolls and lies?

    Why, that S00peR SeKKriTT OSS project he keeps bragging about but never
    provides details on, of course.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Acid absorbs 10 times its weight in excess reality.

    Good to the last supper

  16. Re: Schestowitz tries to bankrupt Firefox

    On Mon, 12 May 2008 19:10:28 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> He often boasts about "programming in KDE" and so forth, but I wonder
    >> what, if anything, he has actually contributed to OSS despite all his
    >> spam and lies.

    > You never did tell us exactly WHAT your supposed contribution to OSS was,
    > Quack. Did you come up with an improved QWK mail reader?

    Quack claimed (as I recall) in a.o.l.u to produce FOSS software. He's
    been challenged numerous times to let people *see* this magnificent FOSS
    software, but all he's done is bluster & prevaricate.
    The folks in a.o.l.u are still waiting to see this magnificent FOSS
    software, but they will probably *never* see it as Quack has now run away.

    Hardon's been challenged many a time in a.o.l.u to provide the *best* distro,
    as he often ranted about how poor FOSS is, & show everyone *how* it should be done.
    He's been asked in COLA too, but take a wild guess what's happend. NOTHING!

    Quack is all mouth & no trousers, a typical troll.

    --
    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
    This message was sent from a
    computer which is guaranteed