We don't need no stinkin' Vista ME - Linux

This is a discussion on We don't need no stinkin' Vista ME - Linux ; Was surprised to see an XP laptop sitting on the retail shelves of Office Depot yesterday. Lenovo ThinkPad. First XP machine I've seen in a retail store for quite a while. Probably more will follow as companies began taking advantage ...

  1. We don't need no stinkin' Vista ME

    Was surprised to see an XP laptop sitting on the retail shelves of Office
    Depot yesterday. Lenovo ThinkPad. First XP machine I've seen in a retail
    store for quite a while. Probably more will follow as companies began
    taking advantage of the "laptop loophole" to give customers what they want.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  2. Re: We don't need no stinkin' Vista ME

    On May 11, 1:47*am, RonB wrote:
    > Was surprised to see an XP laptop sitting on the retail shelves of Office
    > Depot yesterday. Lenovo ThinkPad. First XP machine I've seen in a retail
    > store for quite a while. Probably more will follow as companies began
    > taking advantage of the "laptop loophole" to give customers what they want..
    >
    > --
    > RonB
    > "There's a story there...somewhere"

    That will last for another year or so. It's predicted by anti-
    Microsoft Garner Group that Vista will have 11% of all WIndows OS in
    market share by the end of this year. Then the business community
    will follow, in herd fashion.

    That's what happened in the Win2k -> XP transistion, and that's what's
    happening today.

    RL

  3. Re: We don't need no stinkin' Vista ME

    On Sun, 11 May 2008 04:18:18 -0700 (PDT), raylopez99 wrote:

    > On May 11, 1:47*am, RonB wrote:
    >> Was surprised to see an XP laptop sitting on the retail shelves of Office
    >> Depot yesterday. Lenovo ThinkPad. First XP machine I've seen in a retail
    >> store for quite a while. Probably more will follow as companies began
    >> taking advantage of the "laptop loophole" to give customers what they want.
    >>
    >> --
    >> RonB
    >> "There's a story there...somewhere"

    > That will last for another year or so. It's predicted by anti-
    > Microsoft Garner Group that Vista will have 11% of all WIndows OS in
    > market share by the end of this year. Then the business community
    > will follow, in herd fashion.
    >
    > That's what happened in the Win2k -> XP transistion, and that's what's
    > happening today.
    >
    > RL

    While at the same time Linux will languish at 0.6 percent.
    The same 0.6 percent it has languished at for 10+ years.

    Or maybe next year is the year of Linux?
    Hahaha!
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: We don't need no stinkin' Vista ME

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  5. Re: We don't need no stinkin' Vista ME

    On 11 May 2008 14:16:00 GMT, "Bjarne Jensen"
    wrote:

    >Moshe Goldfarb is flatfish (in real life Gary Stewart)
    >
    >http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/...arb-troll.html
    >http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ish-troll.html
    >
    >Traits:
    >
    > * Nym shifting (see below)
    > * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    > * Homophobic
    > * Racist
    > * Habitual liar
    > * Frequently cross posts replies to other non-Linux related newsgroups
    > * Frequently cross posts articles originally not posted to COLA

    Your posts are great because thei raise the visibility of the reply
    above you. If it was not for you I'd miss most ot them, THANKS!

+ Reply to Thread