[News] Downloads Up 28,500% Months After Going Open Source - Linux

  2. Re: [News] Downloads Up 28,500% Months After Going Open Source

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

    > MySQL has had over 100,000,000 downloads. It's a case of evolve or die.

    So?

    Downloads != installs.

    Or are you trying to claim that 1 in every 5 PC's on the planet is running
    MySQL?

    Roy Schestowitz = An idiot's idiot.

  3. Re: [News] Downloads Up 28,500% Months After Going Open Source

    On Sun, 11 May 2008 10:02:01 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >>
    >> MySQL has had over 100,000,000 downloads. It's a case of evolve or die.
    >>

    > So?
    >
    > Downloads != installs.
    >
    > Or are you trying to claim that 1 in every 5 PC's on the planet is running
    > MySQL?
    >
    > Roy Schestowitz = An idiot's idiot.

    This is a perfect example of people downloading Linux or Linux applications
    like Open Office and then tossing it because they hate using it.

    Lot's of people try Linux, but very few stick with Linux.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: [News] Downloads Up 28,500% Months After Going Open Source

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  5. Re: [News] Downloads Up 28,500% Months After Going Open Source

    On Sun, 11 May 2008 10:19:13 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Sun, 11 May 2008 10:02:01 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> MySQL has had over 100,000,000 downloads. It's a case of evolve or
    >>> die.
    >>>

    >> So?
    >>
    >> Downloads != installs.
    >>
    >> Or are you trying to claim that 1 in every 5 PC's on the planet is
    >> running MySQL?
    >>
    >> Roy Schestowitz = An idiot's idiot.

    > This is a perfect example of people downloading Linux or Linux
    > applications like Open Office and then tossing it because they hate
    > using it.
    >
    > Lot's of people try Linux, but very few stick with Linux.

    Lot's of people try Linux, and lots of people stick with it.

    --
    Rick

  6. Re: [News] Downloads Up 28,500% Months After Going Open Source

    ____/ Rick on Sunday 11 May 2008 17:51 : \____

    > On Sun, 11 May 2008 10:19:13 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 11 May 2008 10:02:01 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

    >>> So?
    >>>
    >>> Downloads != installs.
    >>>
    >>> Or are you trying to claim that 1 in every 5 PC's on the planet is
    >>> running MySQL?
    >>>
    >>> Roy Schestowitz = An idiot's idiot.
    >>>

    >>> ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

    >> This is a perfect example of people downloading Linux or Linux
    >> applications like Open Office and then tossing it because they hate
    >> using it.
    >>
    >> Lot's of people try Linux, but very few stick with Linux.

    > Lot's of people try Linux, and lots of people stick with it.

    Lots of people are forced to buy Vista along with a PC, and few people actually
    stick with it.

    Windows Vista: Sold but not deployed

    ,----[ Quote ]
    `----

    | Financial Times Deutschland on Monday.

    | Lenovo.

    `----

    http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/...SS&NewsID=9579

    Microsoft stock drops amid slumping sales

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Microsoft Corp., whose Windows software dominates the personal-computer
    | market, fell 6.2 percent Fridayin Nasdaq trading after sales slumped, casting
    | doubt on whether PC demand can hold up in a slowing economy. The software
    | maker reported a 24 percent drop in sales of Windows last quarter and
    | forecast earnings that may miss analysts' estimates.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | "The risk is that Linux gets a foothold and then affects their long-term
    | revenue significantly."
    `----

    http://www.sltrib.com/business/ci_9061263

    - --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Windows O/S: chmod a-x internet; kill -9 internet
    Tasks: 131 total, 1 running, 130 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie

+ Reply to Thread