Microsoft: Bargain priced XP if suppliers limit the hardware specs - Linux

This is a discussion on Microsoft: Bargain priced XP if suppliers limit the hardware specs - Linux ; http://www.computerworlduk.com/techn.../laptops/news/ index.cfm?newsid=9006> "Microsoft plans to charge PC makers US$26 (£13) for Windows XP Home Edition for ULPCs sold in emerging markets such as China and India, and $32(£16) for those sold in developed markets, the documents show." How is this ...

  1. Microsoft: Bargain priced XP if suppliers limit the hardware specs

    <http://www.computerworlduk.com/techn.../laptops/news/
    index.cfm?newsid=9006>

    "Microsoft plans to charge PC makers US$26 (£13) for Windows XP Home
    Edition for ULPCs sold in emerging markets such as China and India, and
    $32(£16) for those sold in developed markets, the documents show."

    How is this not dumping?

    --
    Rick

  2. Re: Microsoft: Bargain priced XP if suppliers limit the hardware specs

    On Sat, 10 May 2008 21:36:25 -0500, Rick wrote:
    ><http://www.computerworlduk.com/techn.../laptops/news/
    >index.cfm?newsid=9006>

    >"Microsoft plans to charge PC makers US$26 (13) for Windows XP Home
    >Edition for ULPCs sold in emerging markets such as China and India, and
    >$32(16) for those sold in developed markets, the documents show."

    >How is this not dumping?

    they're more like the tactics of a drug dealer

  3. Re: Microsoft: Bargain priced XP if suppliers limit the hardware specs

  4. Re: Microsoft: Bargain priced XP if suppliers limit the hardware specs

    * Rick peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > <http://www.computerworlduk.com/techn.../laptops/news/
    > index.cfm?newsid=9006>
    >
    > "Microsoft plans to charge PC makers US$26 (13) for Windows XP Home
    > Edition for ULPCs sold in emerging markets such as China and India, and
    > $32(16) for those sold in developed markets, the documents show."
    >
    > How is this not dumping?

    You left out the part about another $10 if a vendor meets some
    requirements.

    Microsoft Windows -- Computer Kudzu

    --
    One thing we have got to change in our strategy - allowing Office documents to
    be rendered very well by other peoples browsers is one of the most destructive

+ Reply to Thread