Firefox saving *.mht-like files? - Linux

This is a discussion on Firefox saving *.mht-like files? - Linux ; My Microsoft Outlook-Express can save two files -- a *.htm file and its up-to-several images files, into one single *.mht file. This is very convenient. I have been looking for something in Firefox that can do this, but I haven't ...

  1. Firefox saving *.mht-like files?

    My Microsoft Outlook-Express can save two files -- a
    *.htm file and its up-to-several images files, into
    one single *.mht file. This is very convenient. I
    have been looking for something in Firefox that can
    do this, but I haven't found it yet. Does Firefox
    have this useful feature put by in there somewhere?

    Thanks -- mha [cola 2008 May 10]

  2. Re: Firefox saving *.mht-like files?

    : My Microsoft Outlook-Express can save two files -- a
    : *.htm file and its up-to-several images files, into
    : one single *.mht file. This is very convenient. I
    : have been looking for something in Firefox that can
    : do this, but I haven't found it yet. Does Firefox
    : have this useful feature put by in there somewhere?

    Firefox 2.x no, Firefox 3.x yes. :-)

  3. Re: Firefox saving *.mht-like files?

    "Cork Soaker" wrote in message

    > : My Microsoft Outlook-Express can save two files -- a
    > : *.htm file and its up-to-several images files, into
    > : one single *.mht file. This is very convenient. I
    > : have been looking for something in Firefox that can
    > : do this, but I haven't found it yet. Does Firefox
    > : have this useful feature put by in there somewhere?
    >
    > Firefox 2.x no, Firefox 3.x yes. :-)

    Thanks ...where / what? ?? --mha

  4. Re: Firefox saving *.mht-like files?

    * Martha Adams peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > My Microsoft Outlook-Express can save two files -- a
    > *.htm file and its up-to-several images files, into
    > one single *.mht file. This is very convenient. I
    > have been looking for something in Firefox that can
    > do this, but I haven't found it yet. Does Firefox
    > have this useful feature put by in there somewhere?
    >
    > Thanks -- mha [cola 2008 May 10]

    There's an extension for firefox, dunno how (well) it works:

    http://www.unmht.org/en_index.html

    Ya learn something new every day. Never heard of of MHT before! It's
    even an RFC, 2557.

    Looks like a good way to pack JPEG bombs even if you turn off "show
    images" in your email client, too.

    --
    If you show people the problems and you show people the solutions they will be
    moved to act.

  5. Re: Firefox saving *.mht-like files?

    : > Firefox 2.x no, Firefox 3.x yes. :-)
    :
    : Thanks ...where / what? ?? --mha

    A stab in the light...
    http://www.mozilla.org/

  6. Re: Firefox saving *.mht-like files?

    : Looks like a good way to pack JPEG bombs even if you turn off "show
    : images" in your email client, too.

    In IE/OE it still disables JPEGs. As for everyting else, never worried
    about it.

  7. Re: Firefox saving *.mht-like files?

    Martha Adams wrote:

    > My Microsoft Outlook-Express can save two files -- a
    > *.htm file and its up-to-several images files, into
    > one single *.mht file. This is very convenient. I
    > have been looking for something in Firefox that can
    > do this, but I haven't found it yet. Does Firefox
    > have this useful feature put by in there somewhere?
    >
    > Thanks -- mha [cola 2008 May 10]

    Konqueror had such a feature since eons ago.
    It is the .war format.
    Tools > Archive Web Page
    will do it.

  8. Re: Firefox saving *.mht-like files?

    * Cork Soaker peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >: Looks like a good way to pack JPEG bombs even if you turn off "show
    >: images" in your email client, too.
    >
    > In IE/OE it still disables JPEGs. As for everyting else, never worried
    > about it.

    I'm afraid I rarely use IE anymore. Never use OE. Well, actually, I
    did once recently to repackage (for Evolution) a corporate certificate
    that requires Windows crapware to obtain.

    --
    Probably the most dangerous and powerful industrialist of our age.
    -- Scott McNealy, of Sun Microsystems

  9. Re: Firefox saving *.mht-like files?

    : I'm afraid I rarely use IE anymore. Never use OE. Well, actually, I
    : did once recently to repackage (for Evolution) a corporate certificate
    : that requires Windows crapware to obtain.

    Controversial, but I really like OE for Usenet, but nothing else.

    I just moved all the XP machines here to Firefox because IE was getting on
    my teets and causing antilulz.

  10. Re: Firefox saving *.mht-like files?

    "7" wrote in message
    news:ROkVj.1318$DZ6.86@text.news.virginmedia.com.. .
    > Martha Adams wrote:
    >
    >> My Microsoft Outlook-Express can save two files -- a
    >> *.htm file and its up-to-several images files, into
    >> one single *.mht file. This is very convenient. I
    >> have been looking for something in Firefox that can
    >> do this, but I haven't found it yet. Does Firefox
    >> have this useful feature put by in there somewhere?
    >>
    >> Thanks -- mha [cola 2008 May 10]

    > Konqueror had such a feature since eons ago.
    > It is the .war format.
    > Tools > Archive Web Page
    > will do it.

    Hi, Soaker's reply was uselessly incomplete. I have a
    Firefox 3 here and I've been looking for this feature
    to download a *.mht-like file, and I haven't found any.
    Firefox 3's Tools does not contain anything like an
    "Archive Web Page" that I see there. Are you sure your
    suggestion applies to Firefox? Since 3 is beta, maybe
    it's come and gone.... (My beta = 5.)

    Thanks -- mha [cola 2008 May 12]

  11. Re: Firefox saving *.mht-like files?

    On Mon, 12 May 2008 18:35:39 +0000, Martha Adams wrote:

    > "7" wrote in message
    > news:ROkVj.1318$DZ6.86@text.news.virginmedia.com.. .
    >> Martha Adams wrote:
    >>
    >>> My Microsoft Outlook-Express can save two files -- a *.htm file and its
    >>> up-to-several images files, into one single *.mht file. This is very
    >>> convenient. I have been looking for something in Firefox that can do
    >>> this, but I haven't found it yet. Does Firefox have this useful
    >>> feature put by in there somewhere?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks -- mha [cola 2008 May 10]

    >> Konqueror had such a feature since eons ago. It is the .war format.
    >> Tools > Archive Web Page
    >> will do it.

    > Hi, Soaker's reply was uselessly incomplete. I have a Firefox 3 here and
    > I've been looking for this feature to download a *.mht-like file, and I
    > haven't found any. Firefox 3's Tools does not contain anything like an
    > "Archive Web Page" that I see there. Are you sure your suggestion applies
    > to Firefox? Since 3 is beta, maybe it's come and gone.... (My beta = 5.)
    >
    > Thanks -- mha [cola 2008 May 12]

    This may help explain things, Martha:

    "Though Firefox doesn't provide native support for viewing or writing
    MHTML files, the Mozilla Archive Format (MAF) Firefox extension can help
    you. Once installed in Firefox, this extension lets you save Web pages in
    the open-source .MAFF format. It can also read and write .MHT files, which
    IE users can open."
    http://labnol.blogspot.com/2006/01/d...n-firefox.html

    Also: http://maf.mozdev.org/
    http://maf.mozdev.org/installation.html

    A Firefox search shows this, but it seems you need to log in?
    The Mozilla Archive Format (MAF) Firefox extension is here:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...cat=all&show=5

    HTH :-)

    --
    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.