Re: [News] [SOT] More Monopoly Abuse from Intel (Proprietary USB 'Standards') - Linux

  1. Re: [News] [SOT] More Monopoly Abuse from Intel (Proprietary USB 'Standards')

    On Sat, 10 May 2008 02:46:32 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Intel plays games with USB3.0

    Who cares?
    You can bet it will work with Windows.

    Linux?

    Who cares?

    0.6 percent of the population?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: [News] [SOT] More Monopoly Abuse from Intel (Proprietary USB 'Standards')

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  3. Re: [News] [SOT] More Monopoly Abuse from Intel (Proprietary USB 'Standards')

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb

    wrote
    on Fri, 9 May 2008 22:12:34 -0400
    <10xlkaxn25mzt.jhwdivu5vk4u$.dlg@40tude.net>:
    > On Sat, 10 May 2008 02:46:32 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >> Intel plays games with USB3.0

    > Who cares?
    > You can bet it will work with Windows.
    >
    > Linux?
    >
    > Who cares?
    >
    > 0.6 percent of the population?

    Are you that enamored of Roy that you have to follow him
    around like a sick puppy?

    But yes, USB3 will work with Windows; Microsoft will
    make sure of that. In fact, Microsoft will probably work
    with OEMs to ensure that USB3 uses patented, proprietary
    technology. Can't be too careful, after all.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C++ Programming Idea #992398129:
    void f(unsigned u) { if(u < 0) ... }

  4. Re: [News] [SOT] More Monopoly Abuse from Intel (Proprietary USB 'Standards')

    ____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Saturday 10 May 2008 04:40 : \____

    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb
    >
    > wrote
    > on Fri, 9 May 2008 22:12:34 -0400
    > <10xlkaxn25mzt.jhwdivu5vk4u$.dlg@40tude.net>:
    >> On Sat, 10 May 2008 02:46:32 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >>> Intel plays games with USB3.0

    >> Who cares?
    >> You can bet it will work with Windows.
    >>
    >> Linux?
    >>
    >> Who cares?
    >>
    >> 0.6 percent of the population?
    >>

    > Are you that enamored of Roy that you have to follow him
    > around like a sick puppy?
    >
    > But yes, USB3 will work with Windows; Microsoft will
    > make sure of that. In fact, Microsoft will probably work
    > with OEMs to ensure that USB3 uses patented, proprietary
    > technology. Can't be too careful, after all.

    Linux got a GPL-licensed implementation of USB 2.0 a couple of months ago,
    IIRC.

    As for Microsoft, dumpster Billy not only picks up PCs from the trash and dumps
    PCs on people in order for them to avoid Linux... he does this too:

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C++ Programming Idea #23291:
    void f(item *p) { if(p != 0) delete p; }

  6. Re: [News] [SOT] More Monopoly Abuse from Intel (Proprietary USB 'Standards')

+ Reply to Thread