[News] Verdict: Asustek Australia Anti-Consumer or in Bed with Microsoft - Linux

  2. Re: [News] Verdict: Asustek Australia Anti-Consumer or in Bed with Microsoft

    On Sat, 10 May 2008 02:55:59 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > $50 more for Linux Eee PC 900 V what gives Asus?

    They have to make up for the 1000's of calls they are going to get with
    people asking "how come I can't run MSOffice, or Quicken, or 'insert your
    favorite Windows application"

    Face the facts Roy, Linux is shunned and not wanted.
    Redhat realizes this, on the desktop and now Asus and OLP do as well....

    Linux is a dud.....
    Get used to it.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: [News] Verdict: Asustek Australia Anti-Consumer or in Bed with Microsoft

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  4. Re: [News] Verdict: Linux Growing by Leaps and Bounds

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> $50 more for Linux Eee PC 900 – what gives Asus?

    > They have to make up for the 1000's of calls they are going to
    > get with people asking "how come I can't run MSOffice, or
    > Quicken, or 'insert your favorite Windows application"
    >
    > Face the facts Roy, Linux is shunned and not wanted. Redhat
    > realizes this, on the desktop and now Asus and OLP do as
    > well....
    >
    > Linux is a dud..... Get used to it.

    Deploying KDE to 52 million young people

    http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2008/04/d...ion-young.html

    ,----[ Quote ]
    > By the end of this year 29,000 labs serving some 32,000,000
    > students will be fully deployed and in active use.
    >
    > By the end of next year (2009) those numbers will have
    > swelled to 53,000 labs serving some 52,000,000 students.

    `----

    http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9909499-7.html

    April 2, 2008 2:08 PM PDT
    EU investigation into Open XML vote still ongoing
    Posted by Martin LaMonica Post a comment

    European antitrust regulators are investigating whether Microsoft
    abused its desktop software market dominance in its effort to
    standardize the Office Open XML file formats.

    The European Commission's antitrust regulatory body sent queries
    to several European countries to see how the standards-setting
    process was working, a spokesperson confirmed on Wednesday.

    The investigation is still ongoing, he added.

    The effort stems from a complaint lodged by anti-Microsoft
    lobbying group ECIS (European Commission for Interoperable
    Systems). The Commission said in January that it is exploring
    whether the Open XML file formats are sufficiently interoperable
    with competitors' products.
    http://ec.europa.eu/idabc/en/document/7386/469

    > EU: Schools increase use of Open Source Open Source News - 26
    > February 2008 - EU and Europe-wide - General
    >
    > [....]
    >
    > In Macedonia, a 180.000 PCs running the GNU/Linux distribution
    > Ubuntu are being deployed in schools across the country. In
    > Turkey all students aged 11 and 12 will find Open Source on
    > their schools PCs as an option next to Microsoft Windows. And
    > in Russia, the government last year decided to migrate all
    > schools to GNU/Linux, a move that should be completed by 2009.

    He who laughs last, laughs best. Yup, Linux is here to stay.

    --
    HPT
    Quando omni flunkus moritati

  5. Re: [News] Verdict: Linux Growing by Leaps and Bounds

    On Fri, 09 May 2008 20:53:39 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> $50 more for Linux Eee PC 900 what gives Asus?

    Windows is screwed, by M$ themselves. Get used to it.

    2006:-
    Windows Vista: Work In Progress
    http://www.microsoft-watch.com/conte..._progress.html

    2008:-
    - Microsoft CEO says Vista "work in progress" -
    http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news/ne...es-yahoo.phtml

    "Work in progress", does that mean Fista hasn't even reached 'beta' stage?

    Good grief, it's 2 years between those two articles & Fista is *still*
    W.I.P!

    > Deploying KDE to 52 million young people
    >
    > http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2008/04/d...ion-young.html
    >

    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > > By the end of this year 29,000 labs serving some 32,000,000 students
    > > will be fully deployed and in active use.
    > >
    > > By the end of next year (2009) those numbers will have swelled to
    > > 53,000 labs serving some 52,000,000 students.

    > `----
    >
    > http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9909499-7.html
    >

    > April 2, 2008 2:08 PM PDT
    > EU investigation into Open XML vote still ongoing Posted by Martin
    > LaMonica Post a comment
    >
    > European antitrust regulators are investigating whether Microsoft abused
    > its desktop software market dominance in its effort to standardize the
    > Office Open XML file formats.
    >
    > The European Commission's antitrust regulatory body sent queries to
    > several European countries to see how the standards-setting process was
    > working, a spokesperson confirmed on Wednesday.
    >
    > The investigation is still ongoing, he added.
    >
    > The effort stems from a complaint lodged by anti-Microsoft lobbying group
    > ECIS (European Commission for Interoperable Systems). The Commission said
    > in January that it is exploring whether the Open XML file formats are
    > sufficiently interoperable with competitors' products.
    >

    > http://ec.europa.eu/idabc/en/document/7386/469
    >
    > > EU: Schools increase use of Open Source Open Source News - 26 February
    > > 2008 - EU and Europe-wide - General
    > >
    > > [....]
    > >
    > > In Macedonia, a 180.000 PCs running the GNU/Linux distribution Ubuntu
    > > are being deployed in schools across the country. In Turkey all
    > > students aged 11 and 12 will find Open Source on their schools PCs as
    > > an option next to Microsoft Windows. And in Russia, the government last
    > > year decided to migrate all schools to GNU/Linux, a move that should be
    > > completed by 2009.

    > He who laughs last, laughs best. Yup, Linux is here to stay.

    Yup, it surely is. :-)

    --
    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
    This message was sent from a