[News] [Rival] Microsoft Spreads 'Software Drugs' in Countries That Don't Pay Anyway - Linux

  1. [News] [Rival] Microsoft Spreads 'Software Drugs' in Countries That Don't Pay Anyway

    Gates offers free software in Asia

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Rishab Ghosh, an opensource guru at Maastricht University who helps run
    | Flossinclude, said that Microsoft was being forced to take the "drug-pusher
    | strategy" to Asian markets because of competition from government-supported
    | open source initiatives.
    |
    | "They give free software to governments, but they are not going to keep it
    | free forever. They'll start charging, and then they make it difficult for you
    | to migrate because of their proprietary standards. That's the classic lock-in
    | strategy of the monopoly," said Ghosh, "In the long-run, you have to pay the
    | company that you are dependent on."
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | Giving free software to LSCs would also help Microsoft solve the piracy
    | problem in Indonesia. It merely repackages Microsoft's old policy to piracy
    | in LSCs, which was to let it ride because it got people locked into its
    | software. Gates may as well gift sand to the Arabs.
    `----

    http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...-software-asia

    Microsoft is still trying to claim credit for getting people morbidly addicted
    and their vital data locked in, forcing them to pay what they can't afford.

    Bill Gates will never retired. He'll just be writing the checks on behalf on
    the cult he nurtured.

    Related:

    Governments Must Reject Gates' $3 Bid to Addict Next Billion PC Users

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | "Microsoft's strategy of getting developing nations hooked on its
    | software was clearly outlined by Bill Gates almost a decade ago," said
    | Con Zymaris, CEO of long-standing open source firm Cybersource.
    |
    | Specifically, Bill Gates, citing China as an example, said:
    | *
    | * "Although about 3 million computers get sold every year in China, but
    | * people don't pay for the software," he said. "Someday they will, though.
    | * As long as they are going to steal it, we want them to steal ours.
    | * They'll get sort of addicted, and then we'll somehow figure out how to
    | * collect sometime in the next decade."[1]
    `----

    http://www.cybersource.com.au/press/...t_billion.html

    Adobe targets school kids to get them hooked on software

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Adobe is where the 'apps' are manufactured. These apps that have the
    | power to make images appear before our children's eyes. "There were
    | all these, like, stars, and they were rotating. It really captured
    | my attention," said Nigel, 14, hardly more than a child, but with
    | the vacant expression of a man who has spent hours looking at a
    | screen. Nigel has now discovered he needs glasses.
    `----

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Spreads 'Software Drugs' in Countries That Don't Pay Anyway

    On Sat, 10 May 2008 10:56:15 GMT, 7 wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >

    > Micoshaft emulates drug pushers to spread their evil as far as they can
    > and cause balance of payment and trade difficulties with Asian countries
    > as well as cause industrial scale waste of computing resources
    > all over again as they did in the west.

    What a complete idiot you are Schestowitz.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Spreads 'Software Drugs' in Countries That Don't Pay Anyway

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic