Multi-Pointer X Going Mainline

,----[ Quote ]
| Multi-Pointer X was developed by Peter Hutterer at the University of South
| Australia as part of his PhD project, with development work starting in 2005.
| Unlike some other implementations, Multi-Pointer X allows many existing
| applications to continue to function without any fundamental changes.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...x_master&num=1

For Windows, this appears to be only a vapourware 'feature', never to be seen
any time soon in the boxed product (which is a mess). OS X doesn't even have
it announced in this vapourware fashion.

Related:

X.Org 7.4 To Get Multi-Pointer X Support

,----[ Quote ]
| X.Org 7.3 will be released later this month, and now Daniel Stone has updated
| the X.Org Wiki with a page for the X.Org 7.4 release. With the six month
| release cycle, X.Org 7.4 is planned for release in February of 2008. Some of
| the features so far on their planning page includes Multi-Pointer X which
| provides multiple cursor support... * *
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NTk4OA

Linux MPX Multi-touch Table May Become Alternative Microsoft Surface

,----[ Quote ]
| It may not be as fancy-schmancy as Microsoft Surface or Jeff Han's demos but
| this video of a Linux-based MPX multi-touch table shows that things are
| moving full speed ahead in the land of the free penguins.
`----

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/touch-me/...day-278613.php

Multi-touch support for MPX [in Linux]

,----[ Quote ]