Re: how to fix mbr? - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: how to fix mbr? - Linux ; martin wrote: > Hello > > Some days ago I installed Kubuntu as a dualboot with XP. So I got a > GRUB bootloader. > > But I don't like this Linux version so I want to remove it, and ...

  1. Re: how to fix mbr?

    martin wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > Some days ago I installed Kubuntu as a dualboot with XP. So I got a
    > GRUB bootloader.
    >
    > But I don't like this Linux version so I want to remove it, and also
    > remove this GRUB-loader.
    >
    > My question is: how can I remove the GRUB bootloader, and have my pc
    > automatically startup in XP again?

    Linux ****s things up so thoroughly you will need to do a Format and a Clean
    Installation of XP. I'd even delete the partition first and make a new one
    before you continue.

    Stay away from Linux!!!

  2. Re: how to fix mbr?

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy,
    somebody who is claiming to be, but is not,
    chrisv

    wrote
    on Fri, 9 May 2008 14:13:27 -0700
    <038033fd$0$27285$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com>:
    > martin wrote:
    >> Hello
    >>
    >> Some days ago I installed Kubuntu as a dualboot with XP. So I got a
    >> GRUB bootloader.
    >>
    >> But I don't like this Linux version so I want to remove it, and also
    >> remove this GRUB-loader.
    >>
    >> My question is: how can I remove the GRUB bootloader, and have my pc
    >> automatically startup in XP again?

    > Linux ****s things up so thoroughly you will need to do a Format and a Clean
    > Installation of XP. I'd even delete the partition first and make a new one
    > before you continue.
    >
    > Stay away from Linux!!!

    OK, whatever, dude.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C++ Programming Idea #110309238:
    item * f(item *p) { if(p = NULL) return new item; else return p; }

  3. Re: how to fix mbr?

    On Fri, 9 May 2008 14:13:27 -0700, chrisv wrote:

    > martin wrote:
    >> Hello
    >>
    >> Some days ago I installed Kubuntu as a dualboot with XP. So I got a
    >> GRUB bootloader.
    >>
    >> But I don't like this Linux version so I want to remove it, and also
    >> remove this GRUB-loader.
    >>
    >> My question is: how can I remove the GRUB bootloader, and have my pc
    >> automatically startup in XP again?

    > Linux ****s things up so thoroughly you will need to do a Format and a Clean
    > Installation of XP. I'd even delete the partition first and make a new one
    > before you continue.
    >
    > Stay away from Linux!!!

    fdisk /mbr should eradicate the viral Linux mbr....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: how to fix mbr?

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  5. Re: how to fix mbr?

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb

    wrote
    on Fri, 9 May 2008 18:49:09 -0400
    <10lg7gt9vuqhm$.js2bya6w8h8c.dlg@40tude.net>:
    > On Fri, 9 May 2008 14:13:27 -0700, chrisv wrote:
    >
    >> martin wrote:
    >>> Hello
    >>>
    >>> Some days ago I installed Kubuntu as a dualboot with XP. So I got a
    >>> GRUB bootloader.
    >>>
    >>> But I don't like this Linux version so I want to remove it, and also
    >>> remove this GRUB-loader.
    >>>
    >>> My question is: how can I remove the GRUB bootloader, and have my pc
    >>> automatically startup in XP again?

    >> Linux ****s things up so thoroughly you will need to do a Format and a Clean
    >> Installation of XP. I'd even delete the partition first and make a new one
    >> before you continue.
    >>
    >> Stay away from Linux!!!

    > fdisk /mbr should eradicate the viral Linux mbr....

    Not should. It *does*. (One might quibble as to its
    "virality", of course. It's not a Linux MBR anyway;
    it's either courtesy of LILO or GRUB.)

    Depending on how one installed Linux, one may then have
    to reinstall Windows (if one overwrote one's Windows
    partition). Note that a tool such as Partition Magic may
    have to be used, after deletion of the Linux partition, to
    reclaim the lost disk space if one wants a single partition
    (I for one wouldn't recommend it), or one can simply format
    the Linux partition within Vista or XP (deleting all data
    thereon), and use it for data.

    Of course this is a double-edged sword, depending; one can
    just as easily format the *Windows* partition by using
    mkfs.ext3. That *will* **** up your Windows partition
    (by erasing it), so have a care.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C/C++ Programming Idea #1123133:
    void f(FILE * fptr, char *p) { fgets(p, sizeof(p), fptr); }

  6. Re: how to fix mbr?

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Tracee

    wrote
    on 09 May 2008 22:53:33 GMT
    <4824d5ed$0$22075$6e1ede2f@read.cnntp.org>:
    > Moshe Goldfarb is flatfish (in real life Gary Stewart)
    >
    > http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/...arb-troll.html
    > http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ish-troll.html
    >
    > Traits:
    >
    > * Nym shifting (see below)
    > * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    > * Homophobic
    > * Racist
    > * Habitual liar
    > * Frequently cross posts replies to other non-Linux related newsgroups
    > * Frequently cross posts articles originally not posted to COLA

    Moshe at least tries to be vaguely intelligible, if not
    truly intelligent. You on the other hand seem to like
    to post by rote, and nymshift far more frequently than
    Gary Stewart does (leaving open the rather irrelevant
    question as to whether Moshe = Gary; personally, I don't
    give a hoot).

    You could at least limit your notifications to once a day,
    whoever you are.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C/C++ Programming Idea #1123133:
    void f(FILE * fptr, char *p) { fgets(p, sizeof(p), fptr); }

  7. Re: how to fix mbr?

    some idiot forging chrisv wrote:

    > Stay away from Linux!!!

    Ignore the forger.

  8. Re: how to fix mbr?

    On Fri, 09 May 2008 14:13:27 -0700, chrisv wrote:

    > martin wrote:
    >> Hello
    >>
    >> Some days ago I installed Kubuntu as a dualboot with XP. So I got a
    >> GRUB bootloader.
    >>
    >> But I don't like this Linux version so I want to remove it, and also
    >> remove this GRUB-loader.
    >>
    >> My question is: how can I remove the GRUB bootloader, and have my pc
    >> automatically startup in XP again?

    > Linux ****s things up so thoroughly you will need to do a Format and a
    > Clean Installation of XP. I'd even delete the partition first and make a
    > new one before you continue.
    >
    > Stay away from Linux!!!

    Total freaking B.S. - but then you probably know that. Simply pull out
    your ms 'repair' disk and have it write a new MBR.

  9. Re: how to fix mbr?

    On 2008-05-09, The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Tracee
    >
    > wrote
    > on 09 May 2008 22:53:33 GMT
    ><4824d5ed$0$22075$6e1ede2f@read.cnntp.org>:
    >> Moshe Goldfarb is flatfish (in real life Gary Stewart)
    >>
    >> http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/...arb-troll.html
    >> http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ish-troll.html
    >>
    >> Traits:
    >>
    >> * Nym shifting (see below)
    >> * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    >> * Homophobic
    >> * Racist
    >> * Habitual liar
    >> * Frequently cross posts replies to other non-Linux related newsgroups
    >> * Frequently cross posts articles originally not posted to COLA

    > Moshe at least tries to be vaguely intelligible, if not
    > truly intelligent. You on the other hand seem to like
    > to post by rote, and nymshift far more frequently than
    > Gary Stewart does (leaving open the rather irrelevant
    > question as to whether Moshe = Gary; personally, I don't
    > give a hoot).
    >
    > You could at least limit your notifications to once a day,
    > whoever you are.

    Yeah, I had to filter the X-no-archive posts to get rid of the arsehole.

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  10. Re: how to fix mbr?

    On Fri, 09 May 2008 16:09:26 -0700, The Ghost In The Machine wrote:

    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Tracee
    >
    > wrote
    > on 09 May 2008 22:53:33 GMT
    > <4824d5ed$0$22075$6e1ede2f@read.cnntp.org>:
    >> Moshe Goldfarb is flatfish (in real life Gary Stewart)
    >>
    >> http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/...arb-troll.html
    >> http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ish-troll.html
    >>
    >> Traits:
    >>
    >> * Nym shifting (see below)
    >> * Self confessed thief and proud of it * Homophobic
    >> * Racist
    >> * Habitual liar
    >> * Frequently cross posts replies to other non-Linux related
    >> newsgroups * Frequently cross posts articles originally not posted
    >> to COLA

    > Moshe at least tries to be vaguely intelligible, if not truly intelligent.

    Well certainly Flatfish is *not* truly intelligent, & not even vaguely
    intelligible. It's just a nymshifting anti-linux troll.

    > You on the other hand seem to like to post by rote, and nymshift far more
    > frequently than Gary Stewart does (leaving open the rather irrelevant
    > question as to whether Moshe = Gary; personally, I don't give a hoot).

    If you want to be a troll enabler, that's your prerogative. And as
    you don't give a hoot, we're done.

    --
    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
    This message was sent from a

  11. Re: how to fix mbr?

    chrisv , whose name means sloppy clear; needs two
    other men at once; wild for grievous reproductive fluid exchanges by
    crazy cloven hoofter, muttered:

    Ignore ****wit.

    --
    Lunch was nice;
    Busted garden worm scrotum complemented by dishonoured anaconda lung

  12. Re: how to fix mbr?

    * chrisv peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > martin wrote:
    >>
    >> But I don't like this Linux version so I want to remove it, and also
    >> remove this GRUB-loader.
    >>
    >> My question is: how can I remove the GRUB bootloader, and have my pc
    >> automatically startup in XP again?

    > Linux ****s things up so thoroughly you will need to do a Format and a Clean
    > Installation of XP. I'd even delete the partition first and make a new one
    > before you continue.
    >
    > Stay away from Linux!!!

    Nym-appropriating gibbering idiot.

    Come /to/ Linux. It's the only way to have a large number of different
    (and open) file-systems at your disposal.

    --
    The next generation of interesting software will be done on the Macintosh,
    not the IBM PC.

  13. Re: how to fix mbr?

    * Gazwad peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > chrisv , whose name means sloppy clear; needs two
    > other men at once; wild for grievous reproductive fluid exchanges by
    > crazy cloven hoofter, muttered:
    >> some idiot forging chrisv wrote:
    >>
    >>> Stay away from Linux!!!

    >> Ignore the forger.

    > Ignore ****wit.

    Ignorance is not bliss.

    --
    Life is not fair; get used to it.
    -- Bill Gates

  14. Re: how to fix mbr?

    Linonut wrote:

    > Life is not fair; get used to it. -- Bill Gates

    What's your source for all these Gates' quotes? Most of them sound bogus to
    me.

  15. Re: how to fix mbr?

    On Sat, 10 May 2008 11:50:03 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> Life is not fair; get used to it. -- Bill Gates

    > What's your source for all these Gates' quotes? Most of them sound bogus to
    > me.

    Liarnut must really admire Gates to be quoting him over and over.
    It never ceases to amaze me how the Linux loons hate people who have made a
    good life for themselves just because those people may not like Linux.

    The problem with the Linux cult community is that it is filled with
    wannabes, losers and whiners most of whom will never amount to anything
    other than 15 minutes of fame.

    Just looking at the Linux loons in this group is more than enough reason to
    avoid Linux because these are the very people who you will turn to when you
    need Linux support.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  16. Re: how to fix mbr?

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  17. Re: how to fix mbr?

    "Simon. (Zed Argh Seven)" wrote in message

    > Remove the s.p.a.m to reply

    If you insist.

    sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk

    --
    alt.usenet.kooks
    Hamlet, Act 3, Scene 1 [129]

    Member of:
    Usenet Ruiner List
    Top Assholes on the Net List
    Most hated usenetizens of all time List
    Cog in the AUK Hate Machine List

    Find me on Google Maps: 2439'47.13"S, 1344'20.18"E

  18. Re: how to fix mbr?

    Moshe Goldfarb writes:

    > On Sat, 10 May 2008 11:50:03 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>> Life is not fair; get used to it. -- Bill Gates

    >> What's your source for all these Gates' quotes? Most of them sound bogus to
    >> me.

    > Liarnut must really admire Gates to be quoting him over and over.
    > It never ceases to amaze me how the Linux loons hate people who have made a
    > good life for themselves just because those people may not like Linux.
    >
    > The problem with the Linux cult community is that it is filled with
    > wannabes, losers and whiners most of whom will never amount to anything
    > other than 15 minutes of fame.
    >
    > Just looking at the Linux loons in this group is more than enough reason to
    > avoid Linux because these are the very people who you will turn to when you
    > need Linux support.

    Particularly when the whining comes from some second rate two faced liar
    and hypocrite like Liarnut. I can not remember the last time he posted
    something half true.

  19. Re: how to fix mbr?

    * Kadaitcha Man peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > "Simon. (Zed Argh Seven)" wrote in message
    >
    >> Remove the s.p.a.m to reply

    > If you insist.
    >
    > sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    > sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    > sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    > sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    > sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    > sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    > sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    > sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    > sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    > sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    > sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    > sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    > sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    > sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    > sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    > sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    > sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    > sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    > sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    > sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    > sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk
    > sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk

    Another idiot who doesn't understand associative containers.

    --
    No! There are no significant bugs in our released software that any
    significant number of users want fixed.

  20. Re: how to fix mbr?

    Linonut wrote:
    > * Kadaitcha Man fired off:
    >> "Simon. (Zed Argh Seven)" wrote...
    >>
    >>> Remove the s.p.a.m to reply

    >> If you insist.
    >>
    >> sj_bradley@blueyonder.co.uk

    > Another idiot who doesn't understand associative containers.

    Clogwog AKA Kutloze Scheefgepoepte, which Kadaitcha Man has
    same post pattern stench. Kill file all three. Usenet will be
    more pleasant place to read.

    --
    HPT
    Quando omni flunkus moritati