lzma multithreaded ? - Linux

This is a discussion on lzma multithreaded ? - Linux ; Hello ! I read that lzma used several threads, but wether I use it with tar (tar Ycvf) or alone (lzma -c), I always see 50% of idle on dualcore systems. How can I activate the use of several threads ...

  1. lzma multithreaded ?

    Hello !

    I read that lzma used several threads, but wether I use it with tar (tar
    Ycvf) or alone (lzma -c), I always see 50% of idle on dualcore systems.

    How can I activate the use of several threads ?

    Jérôme.

  2. Re: lzma multithreaded ?

    > I read that lzma used several threads, but wether I use it with tar (tar
    > Ycvf) or alone (lzma -c), I always see 50% of idle on dualcore systems.
    >
    > How can I activate the use of several threads ?

    "grep -sri pthread lzma457" returns no lines at all;
    thus there is no threading except for Win32.