[News] [Rival] Microsoft's Ballmer Intends to Burn Cash, Bill Gates Still Lies - Linux

  1. [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Ballmer Intends to Burn Cash, Bill Gates Still Lies

    That Cash Sure Is Burning a Hole in Ballmer's Pocket

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | I’m also a little skeptical that Microsoft can get similar benefits by using
    | a few of those spare billions in cash to buy up a bunch of Web 2.0 companies.
    | Oh, I think it may well do some of that, but even for a voracious giant like
    | Microsoft, integrating a half-dozen or a dozen Web companies in quick
    | succession is a huge undertaking. And there’s no guarantee fickle users will
    | stick around if and when they’re rebranded Digg Live or Meebo Messenger or
    | something.
    `----

    http://www.businessweek.com/the_thre...cash_sure.html

    Poll: Whom should Microsoft pursue next?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Bill Gates is being criticized for delivering mixed messages on the issue --
    | saying yesterday that the company wasn't ruling out partnerships, and today
    | that it would stay focused on its independent strategy.
    `----

    http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/m...ves/138390.asp

    Billy Boy is still lying through his teeth. One day talking about "independent
    strategy" and the following day bankers look into a Facebook acquisition.
    Didn't he make a career by lying to partners, deceiving and backstabbing?

    More example of Gates' recent lies at the bottom.

    Recent:

    Bill Gates, which we disagree with

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | As but one more piece of testamentary evidence that the old guard at
    | Microsoft needs to be shown the door, Bill Gates has demonstrated
    | conclusively that he has exactly zero understanding of open source, or at
    | least zero desire to have an intelligent discussion about it. * *
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | Open source insists upon leaving software open to further improvement. And if
    | you were to read the European Union's report on open source, you'd see that
    | it's actually a massive opportunity for improved GDP growth. *
    |
    | What open source does is ensure that customers share equally in the economic
    | benefits of software, rather than having profits hoarded by one company
    | (i.e., Microsoft's model). The GPL does this perhaps best of all. In another
    | age, Mr. Gates would have found the GPL to be a dear friend to his better
    | capitalist instincts. It's actually a close cousin to a proprietary license
    | in some ways, except that it protects through openness, not closed source. * *
    `----

    http://www.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-992...bj=TheOpenRoad

    What is good for Microsoft is also good for the families

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | It seems to be nice to have politicians as Brian Baird ask you staged
    | questions, so you can elaborate on your own business agenda and the public
    | benefit of your commercial activities. Watch Mr. Gates speak on OOXML. *
    `----

    http://www.noooxml.org/forum/t-47895...r-the-families

    Gates goes to Washington as US OOXML decision nears

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Gates answered that Microsoft wants to see OOXML become an ISO standard, in
    | part, "so that families and researchers and archivists will be able to access
    | information from the past and use it to interact in the future. *
    `----

    Related:

    Guess Who's Getting the Most Work Visas

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Microsoft (MSFT) and Intel (INTC) are the only two traditional U.S. tech
    | companies among the top 10. Microsoft received 959 visa petition approvals,
    | or one fifth as many as Infosys, while Intel got 369. *
    `----

    http://www.businessweek.com/magazine...mpaign_id=yhoo

    Study: There Is No Shortage of U.S. Engineers

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | ...a new study from Duke University calls this argument bunk, stating
    | that there is no shortage of engineers in the United States, and
    | that offshoring is all about cost savings.
    `----

    Is There a Shortage of U.S. Tech Workers?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Speaking before a Senate committee earlier this month, Gates said
    | that America is facing a critical shortage of tech workers. He
    | recommended boosting the number of H-1B visas to allow more foreign
    | tech workers into the U.S.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | "I think that has created an environment where the population of advanced
    | skill workers has shrunk a lot in the U.S., because we just haven't created
    | a fair system," he says. "Where if you go to other countries, you'll find
    | national policy around broadband deployment, which creates a much more even
    | playing field for people of all income levels to learn by and work by."
    |
    | "We did it to ourselves," he says.
    `----

    http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/car...le.php/3667376

    Bill Gates to address Senate panel

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates is scheduled to descend on Capitol Hill
    | next week to pepper a U.S. Senate committee with his suggestions for
    | boosting American competitiveness.
    `----

    http://news.com.com/2061-10796_3-616...0-20&subj=news

    Bill Gates Likes To Lie About Vista

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Denial! C'mon Billy Boy, you know things suck in the land of Vista.
    | Just admit it and we'll be on our way.
    `----

    http://crunchgear.com/2007/02/21/bil...e-about-vista/

    Gates deposition videos

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Boies: Do you remember that in January, 1996, a lot of OEMs were
    | bundling non-Microsoft browsers?
    |
    | Gates: I'm not sure.
    |
    | Boies: What were the non-Microsoft browsers that you were
    | concerned about in January of 1996?
    |
    | Gates: What's the question? You're trying to get me to recall
    | what other browsers I was thinking about when I wrote that sentence?
    |
    | Boies: No, because you've told me that you don't know what you
    | were thinking about when you wrote that sentence.
    |
    | Gates: Right.
    |
    | Boies: What I'm trying to do is get you to tell me what
    | non-Microsoft browsers you were concerned about in January of
    | 1996. If it had been only one, I probably would have used the
    | name of it. Instead I seem to be using the term non-Microsoft
    | browsers. My question is what non-Microsoft browsers were you
    | concerned about in January of 1996?
    |
    | Gates: I'm sure -- what's the question? Is it -- are you asking
    | me about when I wrote this e-mail or what are you asking me about?
    |
    | Boies: I'm asking you about January of 1996.
    |
    | Gates: That month?
    |
    | Boies: Yes, sir.
    |
    | Gates: And what about it?
    |
    | Boies: What non-Microsoft browsers were you concerned about in
    | January of 1996?
    |
    | Gates: I don't know what you mean "concerned."
    |
    | Boies: What is it about the word "concerned" that you don't
    | understand?
    |
    | Gates: I'm not sure what you mean by it.
    `----

    http://wincent.com/a/about/wincent/w..._depositio.php

    Bill Gates Busted - Microsoft Lies to Press/Congress

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Bill Gates has been busted in a big fat lie and we've got the
    | statistics to prove it.
    `----

    http://www.mydd.com/story/2007/2/7/184312/5388

    Talking Linux IP with Bill Gates

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Niall:
    |
    | * * OK. Two questions.
    |
    | * * * *1. Was Microsoft ever directly involved with the SCO Group
    | in their lawsuit against IBM, either through BayStar Capital or others?
    | * * * *2. Why is Microsoft recently choosing to go after supposed
    | patent violations with various operating system companies?
    |
    | Bill:
    |
    | * * I don't know BayStar.
    |
    | Niall:
    |
    | * * It's an investment company. One of their executives testified
    | Microsoft invested $50 million to offset SCO's costs in the lawsuit.
    |
    | Bill:
    |
    | * * When?
    `----

    http://www.niallkennedy.com/blog/arc...x-patents.html

    The Fear biz is the computer security biz

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | A few days later, I saw what Bill Gates had to say in a recent
    | Newsweek interview about the Mac as compared to Vista.
    |
    | * * "I mean, it's fascinating, maybe we shouldn't have showed so
    | publicly the stuff we were doing, because we knew how long the new
    | security base was going to take us to get done. Nowadays, security
    | guys break the Mac every single day. Every single day, they come
    | out with a total exploit, your machine can be taken over totally. I
    | dare anybody to do that once a month on the Windows machine."
    |
    | My reaction, like most knowledgeable people who read this, was
    | open-mouthed astonishment. Now, either Bill is heavily drugged and
    | delusional, which I don't believe, or he's just completely ignorant,
    | which I also discount, or he knows exactly what he's saying and has
    | an ulterior motive. That's my best guess.
    |
    | Bill Gates knows that he's at best exaggerating and at worst
    | completely lying through his teeth. So why's he doing it? Because
    | he also knows that Apple's new ads are helping Macs to sell like
    | hot cakes, and that security is a big reason why a lot of people
    | are throwing up their hands in disgust at Windows and switching
    | to Apple's computers.
    |
    | Who reads Newsweek? Not computer pros, but Joe and Jane
    | Computer-user, and Joe and Jane tend to believe what they
    | read in the mainstream media when it comes to computers,
    | especially when that nice, smart philanthropist Bill Gates
    | is the one saying it. He's Mr Computer, after all, so he
    | must be right!
    `----

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/02...fearmongering/

    Gates Deposition Audio and Video

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Here is our local copy of the depositions of Bill Gates in the
    | Microsoft anti-trust suit. We did our best to convert the
    | original Windows Media files into an Open format, ogg. Your
    | webmaster is responsible for the video transcoding, the
    | audio-only files are contributed by a Groklaw member that
    | requested to stay anonymous.
    `----

    http://www.groklaw.net/staticpages/i...page=GatesDepo

    Bill Gates Blunder on Vista Pricing

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | If you watched the above video you will recall that bill gates
    | said that british consumers will not be paying more than US
    | customers, and that any price difference is merely due to
    | differences in exchange rate.
    `----

    http://www.digitalpunks.co.uk/fullne...a-Pricing.php/

    Dark cloud over good works of Gates Found

    http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...home-headlines

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Ballmer Intends to Burn Cash, BillGates Still Lies

    > That Cash Sure Is Burning a Hole in Ballmer's Pocket

    Too late, Sweaty's grease-gun already poked a hole in the Vole's pocket,
    and 30 Billion USD slipped out and washed down the storm drain.

    Where will he find the cash to buy his proposed "20 web companies a year
    for the next five years" now?

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/10...to_buy_things/

    At up to 1 Billion USD each, that's 100 Billion USD, which is five times
    the Vole's cash reserves:

    http://www.macnn.com/articles/08/05/...sh.vs.ms.cash/

    Looks like Sweaty may need to cut back on his cheeseburgers for a while.

    What I find more perplexing, and considerably more disgusting, is this
    twisted idea that running a business means gobbling-up other companies.
    What ever happened to just making a product and selling it?

    Sorry, I forgot; "Usually Microsoft doesn't develop products, we buy
    products". They're more like flea-market traders than software vendors.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    20:51:17 up 142 days, 17:27, 6 users, load average: 0.21, 0.54, 1.00

  3. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Ballmer Intends to Burn Cash, Bill Gates Still Lies

    ____/ Homer on Sunday 11 May 2008 20:51 : \____

    >> That Cash Sure Is Burning a Hole in Ballmer's Pocket

    > Too late, Sweaty's grease-gun already poked a hole in the Vole's pocket,
    > and 30 Billion USD slipped out and washed down the storm drain.
    >
    > Where will he find the cash to buy his proposed "20 web companies a year
    > for the next five years" now?
    >
    > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/10...to_buy_things/
    >
    > At up to 1 Billion USD each, that's 100 Billion USD, which is five times
    > the Vole's cash reserves:
    >
    > http://www.macnn.com/articles/08/05/...sh.vs.ms.cash/
    >
    > Looks like Sweaty may need to cut back on his cheeseburgers for a while.
    >
    > What I find more perplexing, and considerably more disgusting, is this
    > twisted idea that running a business means gobbling-up other companies.
    > What ever happened to just making a product and selling it?
    >
    > Sorry, I forgot; "Usually Microsoft doesn't develop products, we buy
    > products". They're more like flea-market traders than software vendors.

    A professor E-mailed me the other day to say that Microsoft is mainly buying
    and selling its own stock nowadays. A bit sarcastically he said that Microsoft
    is not much different than Enron.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Download Othello: http://othellomaster.com