Re: [News] All Music Player Owners in Japan Are Called "Thieves" - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] All Music Player Owners in Japan Are Called "Thieves" - Linux ; Verily I say unto thee, that Roy Schestowitz spake thusly: > Japan to tax MP3 players [...] > Now, now... the music industry doesn't even need to sell you > anything. This is incredible. That's like swapping the tollbooth on ...

  1. Re: [News] All Music Player Owners in Japan Are Called "Thieves"

    > Japan to tax MP3 players

    [...]
    > Now, now... the music industry doesn't even need to sell you
    > anything.

    This is incredible. That's like swapping the tollbooth on the Skye
    bridge for a national tax, based on the premise that /some/ of the 35
    million vehicles in the UK [1] /might/ use that bridge.

    Great, so now /all/ DAP owners in Japan get to subsidise the music
    bizniz's® paranoia.

    How can this crime syndicate have so much influence on government?

    No, don't answer. That is, of course, a rhetorical question.

    [1] Extrapolated from the DVLA's 2006 stats:
    http://www.dvla.gov.uk/pressoffice/stats.aspx

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    09:02:56 up 140 days, 5:38, 6 users, load average: 0.05, 0.49, 0.79

  2. Re: [News] All Music Player Owners in Japan Are Called "Thieves"

+ Reply to Thread