Red Hat Recognises Standout Partners at EMEA Partner Summit

,----[ Quote ]
| The Red Hat Partner Summit featured the latest technologies, strategies,
| customer best practices, hands-on training sessions and industry insights
| from leaders within Red Hat.

Red Hat Continues Middleware Industry Momentum

,----[ Quote ]
| the world's leading provider of open source solutions, today announced that
| JBoss Enterprise Middleware solutions have been recognized in two recent
| analyst reports.

Probably just some of these pay-for-praise reports from the Microsoft shills
Gartner and Forrester, whose business model is "selling out" (says Microsoft).

Days ago:

Oracle crowns Red Hat the Linux king

,----[ Quote ]
| This has long been Oracle's problem with its Unbreakable Linux program. Not
| only has it not been very successful (according to two inside sources
| affiliated with the program with whom I recently spoke), but by its very
| design it hurts the party investing the resources to make the RHEL
| distribution solid in the first place.
| [...]
| To my friends at Oracle: There's a very good way to improve RHEL for your
| customers. It's called collaboration with Red Hat. No, your attempts to break
| Red Hat with Unbreakable Linux have largely gone nowhere, but you have such
| incredible resources that you could add a lot to Red Hat and its RHEL
| distribution if you'd just join forces with Red Hat rather than attempting to
| undermine it.

Red Hat signs partnership agreement with Cybercom

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat, a provider of open-source solutions, has signed a partnership
| agreement with Cybercom, a provider of global sourcing solutions, to provide
| improved service and increased accessibility for Swedish customers that work
| with JBoss-based solutions. *

Why Is Red Hat Red Hot At The Moment?

,----[ Quote ]
| Many analysts are forecasting a very productive and lucrative time over the
| next couple of years for Red Hat, a time when Linux is knocking on the door
| of the mass market and Red Hat is at the front of the queue. *

Piper Jaffray Starts Red Hat (RHT) at Buy

,----[ Quote ]
| Piper Jaffray initiates coverage on Red Hat (NYSE: RHT) with a Buy rating and
| $26 price target, saying the company should benefit from global adoption of
| open source technologies. *

No Recession at Red Hat

,----[ Quote ]
| It is flattering to be mentioned, Mr. Whitehurst said, but he noted that
| corporate customers and the industry benefit from what he called Red
| Hat’s “Switzerland status” — not being a province of one of the major powers
| in the technology industry. *

Microsoft stock drops amid slumping sales

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp., whose Windows software dominates the personal-computer
| market, fell 6.2 percent Fridayin Nasdaq trading after sales slumped, casting
| doubt on whether PC demand can hold up in a slowing economy. The software
| maker reported a 24 percent drop in sales of Windows last quarter and
| forecast earnings that may miss analysts' estimates. * *
| [...]
| "The risk is that Linux gets a foothold and then affects their long-term
| revenue significantly."

Microsoft Profit Drops; Forecast May Miss Estimates

,----[ Quote ]
| The world's biggest software maker said sales of Windows for PCs sank 24
| percent and revenue from its online advertising unit came in at the low end
| of its projections. Microsoft's report contrasted with positive comments from
| chipmaker Intel Corp. and computer company International Business Machines
| Corp. * *
| [...]
| Microsoft declined $1.60 to $30.20 in extended trading after closing at
| $31.80 at 4 p.m. New York time on the Nasdaq Stock Market. The stock has
| fallen 11 percent this year. *

Microsoft sees slide in profits

Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)