Unixfication II

,----[ Quote ]
| My OpenSolaris 2008.05 write-up struck a chord with a bunch of folks in the
| community because the very title itself “What Ubuntu Wants to Be When it
| Groups Up” was taken as an affront to Linux’s maturity and the hard work and
| milestones accomplished by Ubuntu project and the Free Software community’s
| efforts. While I will claim a mea culpa in that I wanted to title the piece
| with a headline that attracted attention, that was not the intended message
| here.
| Click on the “Read the rest of this entry” for more.
| [...]
| The FSF has always referred to Linux as GNU/Linux. This isn’t just Richard
| Stallman being bitter — this is the official name of which the Debian
| distribution, which forms the basis for Ubuntu, is referred to. It might be a
| little bit of a stretch, but what if the OpenSolaris kernel and many of its
| other components were to fall under the auspices of the Free Software
| Foundation? Surely, Sun would have to give up some control, but if you follow
| the natural course of things, GNU/Solaris is not out of the question.

More on why ZDNet cannot be trusted. Headlines "that attracted attention," by
his own admission. Some Microsoft or UNIX trolls used his piece to attack

French police deal blow to Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| The French paramilitary police force said Wednesday it is ditching Microsoft
| for the free Linux operating system, becoming one of the biggest
| administrations in the world to make the break. *

Feeling the heat at Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| you who is Microsoft's biggest competitor now, who would it be? *
| to go with that.

The brazilian Election Supreme Court migrates 430 thousand voting machines to
GNU / Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| The brazilian Election Supreme Court announced at April 4th 2008, that the
| 2008 elections at Brazil will use GNU / Linux electronic voting machines with
| software digital authentication. *
| The Tribunal Superior Eleitoral (the brazilian Election Supreme Court),
| officially announced on April 4th, 2008, that the brazilian 2008 elections
| will use 430 thousand electronic voting machines migrated from VirtuOS and
| Windows CE to GNU / Linux and open source softwares for security and auditing
| defined by proper law. * *

Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQFII+5wU4xAY3RXLo4RAtPOAKCL1l9ilvUEefU2M7znxd WQugqntwCggbRP