Roy's Tidalwave of Good Linux News Rolls On and On and On andOn.... - Linux

This is a discussion on Roy's Tidalwave of Good Linux News Rolls On and On and On andOn.... - Linux ; And not one ineffective little dimwit can do a single tiny thing about it. Massive group after massive group of Linux adoption, windows crashing news going on and on forever 'till windows is DEAD. This is a BIG DEAL. It ...

  1. Roy's Tidalwave of Good Linux News Rolls On and On and On andOn....

    And not one ineffective little dimwit can do a single tiny thing about it.

    Massive group after massive group of Linux adoption, windows crashing
    news going on and on forever 'till windows is DEAD.

    This is a BIG DEAL.

    It is undeniable.

    What a RELIEF envisioning a future without windows.

    Issues pop up, and then the Linux community posts a fix.

    What a FREAKING RELIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  2. Re: Roy's Tidalwave of Good Linux News Rolls On and On and On and On....

    ____/ ~flyer~@there.net~ on Friday 09 May 2008 05:29 : \____

    > And not one ineffective little dimwit can do a single tiny thing about it.
    >
    > Massive group after massive group of Linux adoption, windows crashing
    > news going on and on forever 'till windows is DEAD.
    >
    > This is a BIG DEAL.
    >
    > It is undeniable.
    >
    > What a RELIEF envisioning a future without windows.
    >
    > Issues pop up, and then the Linux community posts a fix.
    >
    > What a FREAKING RELIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    There would have been a *lot* more good news if non-English articles were
    appropriate. The revolution is happening mainly in countries that do not speak
    English and the English-speaking world, including of course the UK, US, Canada
    and Australia, would be the last to embrace Free software. They are fairly
    imperialistic, just like the proprietary softare they produce (developers
    control users remotely, using binaries).

    South Africa is the big exception here because unlike other colonies it's
    actually quick at adoption of GNU/Linux (even banks there are already putting
    Linux on the desktop in large numbers) and ODF. A lot of this change comes
    from philosophical judgment.

    I've recently found some blogs of polyglots that manage to extract the key
    messages from foreign news and only sometimes produce translations.

    Expect the mainstream (i.e. blue-collar) press to always give you the
    impression that Linux hardly exists. If it gives it presence, it'll show
    industrialists like Ellison and Torvalds while turning a blind eye to people
    like Lessig and Stallman, who are seen in the same way as Chomsky and some
    people who study the Secret Government. The journalists try hard to keep the
    limelights away from them (for the sake of their careers... peer and boss
    proessure), so they find more publicity overseas. Wasn't it the same with
    Mandella?

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "Ping this IP, see if it responds the second time"
    07:00:03 up 24 days, 5:12, 3 users, load average: 0.66, 1.42, 1.45