Reliability Study Serves Up Good News For Linux Users

,----[ Quote ]
| It is interesting to note why Windows Server 2003 lost ground in this year's
| survey: Administrators spent more time patching security flaws than they did
| the previous year. On the other hand, we're still talking about less than two
| extra hours per year, on average. Just the fact that these kinds of
| differences are now so significant speaks volumes about just how much both
| Linux and Windows have improved over the past decade as server platforms.
`----

http://www.bmighty.com/blog/main/arc...ility_stu.html

Recent:

Linux on the server sees reliability gains

,----[ Quote ]
| Mainstream Linux distributions for servers have caught up substantially with
| Unix in terms of reliability over the past year, while Windows Server 2003
| downtime has risen by nearly 25 percent...
`----

http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/softwa...?scid=rss_z_nw

Microsoft’s credibility turning to junk while Linux revenue grows

,----[ Quote ]
| Sweeping changes are needed in Microsoft’s go-to-market approach, and it may
| find more success by creating products like Live Writer, which found a huge
| following right away. Continuing on its current path, the company will
| continue to destroy its credibility and build animosity with users looking
| for quality products on their terms.
`----

http://tech.blorge.com/Structure
%20/2008/04/10/microsofts-credibility-turning-to-junk-while-linux-revenue-grows/
http://tinyurl.com/5fojkd

Microsoft Plummets, Retail Falls While Beauty Gains in CoreBrand 2007 Brand
Power Rankings

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=834308

,----[ Quote ]
| Would you believe... that Microsoft has dropped down to #86 within the
| Fortune Best Places to Work survey? That's down from #50 in 2007 and #42 in
| 2006. Like a rock. In a bad way. And who is #1 for two years in a row? Grab
| that chair and give it a big effen toss in the air to Google! Toot! They get
| bigger and they're still #1.
`----

http://minimsft.blogspot.com/2008/02...nd-mspoll.html

Apple has biggest impact on world consumers: survey

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft, the world's largest software maker was also a winner, but it
| received the dubious honor of the brand most readers wanted to argue with,
| and the one they most wanted to revamp. Voted into second place in the
| category was brand USA.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/domes...50164020080331

Microsoft’s eco system: cracks in the reliability

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2008/0...e-reliability/