Boycott Simba and Jeremy Allison - he said nice things about Microsoft. - Linux

This is a discussion on Boycott Simba and Jeremy Allison - he said nice things about Microsoft. - Linux ; http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=2403 Project lead Jeremy Allison has been an outspoken critic of Microsoft's alleged efforts to undermine such interoperability efforts. In an e-mail discussion with this ZDNet blogger, Allison agreed the situation is improving. Microsoft is making more protocols available and ...

  1. Boycott Simba and Jeremy Allison - he said nice things about Microsoft.

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=2403

    Project lead Jeremy Allison has been an outspoken critic of Microsoft's
    alleged efforts to undermine such interoperability efforts. In an e-mail
    discussion with this ZDNet blogger, Allison agreed the situation is
    improving. Microsoft is making more protocols available and sent engineers
    to its recent Samba XP conference where engineers from both organizations
    drank beer together and discussed future joint engineering events.

    "Samba doesn't have a partnership with Microsoft. We joined the Protocol
    Freedom Information Foundation (PFIF) and they have the agreement with
    Microsoft. Having said that, Microsoft has been very cooperative and
    friendly, and the engineering relationship is getting back to the way it
    used to be in 1994-1997, which is a great relief to us," said Allison.
    "Microsoft engineers are now collaborating directly with us on protocol
    details and improving the documentation, and we envisage further
    collaboration in the future. Now, about those software patents."

  2. Re: Boycott Simba and Jeremy Allison - he said nice things about Microsoft.

    On Thu, 8 May 2008 12:29:08 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=2403
    >

    > Project lead Jeremy Allison has been an outspoken critic of Microsoft's
    > alleged efforts to undermine such interoperability efforts. In an e-mail
    > discussion with this ZDNet blogger, Allison agreed the situation is
    > improving. Microsoft is making more protocols available and sent engineers
    > to its recent Samba XP conference where engineers from both organizations
    > drank beer together and discussed future joint engineering events.
    >
    > "Samba doesn't have a partnership with Microsoft. We joined the Protocol
    > Freedom Information Foundation (PFIF) and they have the agreement with
    > Microsoft. Having said that, Microsoft has been very cooperative and
    > friendly, and the engineering relationship is getting back to the way it
    > used to be in 1994-1997, which is a great relief to us," said Allison.
    > "Microsoft engineers are now collaborating directly with us on protocol
    > details and improving the documentation, and we envisage further
    > collaboration in the future. Now, about those software patents."

    Schestowitz and the boycott brigade are going to be busy these days.
    With Oracle suggesting that their should be a SINGLE Linux distribution and
    now a Linux icon like Jeremy Allison flirting with the devil...

    oh my,...

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Boycott Simba and Jeremy Allison - he said nice things about Microsoft.

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic