Try Windows, Linux ****ware literally kills your computer - Linux

This is a discussion on Try Windows, Linux ****ware literally kills your computer - Linux ; High Plains Thumper wrote: > George Hostler > 312 Remuda St. > Clovis, New Mexico 88101-9338 > Ph: 505-763-1077 > > > ghostler@plateautel.net > ghostler@plateautel.net > ghostler@plateautel.net > ghostler@plateautel.net > ghostler@plateautel.net > ghostler@plateautel.net > ghostler@plateautel.net > ghostler@plateautel.net > ghostler@plateautel.net > ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Try Windows, Linux ****ware literally kills your computer


  1. Re: EU investigation into Open XML vote still ongoing

    Nomen Nescio wrote:
    > Hi


    All I have to say is, one of these days will be pay back time.
    The abuses expressed herein have an interesting parallel.

    The attempts at posting personal information without proper
    authorisation (personal consent) are an invasion of privacy and
    violate rules of netiquette.

    Advocates who share the positive attributes of Linux and / or
    anything considered counter to a proprietary competing firm, its
    associates and those who profit by it seem to be the victim of
    relentless and unprovoked attacks in this newsgroup.

    Keep it up, trolls. You only add fuel to the fire of a losing
    battle.

    http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9909499-7.html

    April 2, 2008 2:08 PM PDT
    EU investigation into Open XML vote still ongoing
    Posted by Martin LaMonica Post a comment

    European antitrust regulators are investigating whether Microsoft
    abused its desktop software market dominance in its effort to
    standardize the Office Open XML file formats.

    The European Commission's antitrust regulatory body sent queries
    to several European countries to see how the standards-setting
    process was working, a spokesperson confirmed on Wednesday.

    The investigation is still ongoing, he added.

    The effort stems from a complaint lodged by anti-Microsoft
    lobbying group ECIS (European Commission for Interoperable
    Systems). The Commission said in January that it is exploring
    whether the Open XML file formats are sufficiently interoperable
    with competitors' products.
    http://ec.europa.eu/idabc/en/document/7386/469

    > EU: Schools increase use of Open Source Open Source News - 26
    > February 2008 - EU and Europe-wide - General
    >
    > [....]
    >
    > In Macedonia, a 180.000 PCs running the GNU/Linux distribution
    > Ubuntu are being deployed in schools across the country. In
    > Turkey all students aged 11 and 12 will find Open Source on
    > their schools PCs as an option next to Microsoft Windows. And
    > in Russia, the government last year decided to migrate all
    > schools to GNU/Linux, a move that should be completed by 2009.


    LOLROTF! Bomp, bomp, bomp, another 180,000 Microsoft licenses
    bite the dust!

    --
    HPT
    Quando omni flunkus moritati
    (If all else fails, play dead)
    - "Red" Green

  2. Re: EU investigation into Open XML vote still ongoing


    "High Plains Thumper" wrote in message
    news:48232cc4$0$22074$6e1ede2f@read.cnntp.org...
    >
    > All I have to say is, one of these days will be pay back time. The abuses
    > expressed herein have an interesting parallel.
    >


    Shut up High Plains Rafael. A low-life hypocrite like you has not right to
    whine and complain.



    ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

  3. Re: EU investigation into Open XML vote still ongoing

    On May 8, 9:39 am, High Plains Thumper
    wrote:

    > Advocates who share the positive attributes of Linux and / or
    > anything considered counter to a proprietary competing firm, its
    > associates and those who profit by it seem to be the victim of
    > relentless and unprovoked attacks in this newsgroup.


    Not. This is an advocacy group--we trolls are advocating our right to
    free speech, of the kind our Founding Fathers fought and died for.

    >
    > Keep it up, trolls. You only add fuel to the fire of a losing
    > battle.


    Last I checked Linux had 0.6% market share. If that's a winning
    battle, I'm a loser.

    RL


  4. Re: Try Windows, Linux ****ware literally kills your computer

    Nomen Nescio wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >
    >> George Hostler
    >> 312 Remuda St.
    >> Clovis, New Mexico 88101-9338
    >> Ph: 505-763-1077
    >>
    >>
    >> ghostler@plateautel.net
    >> ghostler@plateautel.net
    >> ghostler@plateautel.net
    >> ghostler@plateautel.net
    >> ghostler@plateautel.net
    >> ghostler@plateautel.net
    >> ghostler@plateautel.net
    >> ghostler@plateautel.net
    >> ghostler@plateautel.net
    >> ghostler@plateautel.net
    >> highplainsthumper@gmail.com
    >> highplainsthumper@gmail.com
    >> highplainsthumper@gmail.com
    >> highplainsthumper@gmail.com
    >> highplainsthumper@gmail.com
    >> highplainsthumper@gmail.com
    >> highplainsthumper@gmail.com
    >> highplainsthumper@gmail.com
    >> highplainsthumper@gmail.com
    >> highplainsthumper@gmail.com
    >> highplainsthumper@linuxmail.org
    >> highplainsthumper@linuxmail.org
    >> highplainsthumper@linuxmail.org
    >> highplainsthumper@linuxmail.org
    >> highplainsthumper@linuxmail.org
    >> highplainsthumper@linuxmail.org
    >> highplainsthumper@linuxmail.org
    >> highplainsthumper@linuxmail.org
    >> highplainsthumper@linuxmail.org
    >> highplainsthumper@linuxmail.org

    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

    I'm only asking this to learn, not
    to imply anything or insinuate or
    belittle or irk anyone: What is the
    purpose of the multiple email address
    listing above?

    Every once in a while I'll see such
    a message, and I wonder what it's
    meant to accomplish.

    Please enlighten me. I admit I know
    very little about very many things.
    I'm just trying to learn about this
    one thing at the moment.

  5. Re: Try Linux, WINDUMMY ****ware literally kills your computer

    Nomen Nescio wrote:

    > H


    This guy is ex gov worker and he is about
    to loose his company loads of gov contracts
    because his securite is shiite.


  6. Re: Try Linux, WINDUMMY ****ware literally kills your computer

    Kelton wrote:

    > I'm only asking this to learn, not
    > to imply anything or insinuate or
    > belittle or irk anyone: What is the
    > purpose of the multiple email address
    > listing above?
    >
    > Every once in a while I'll see such
    > a message, and I wonder what it's
    > meant to accomplish.
    >
    > Please enlighten me. I admit I know
    > very little about very many things.
    > I'm just trying to learn about this
    > one thing at the moment.



    The guy is an ex-gov worker.
    He is using gov resources to track down
    identities of anyone complaining to his ISP
    because the ISP is passing the full header details on to him.

    The twat just doesn't get it.
    It doesn't work if you are using someone else's account.
    You can pull up a chair beside him and see what
    he is up to because his security is shiite.



  7. Re: EU investigation into Open XML vote still ongoing

    Micoshaft fraudster raylopez99 wrote on behalf of half wits from Micoshaft
    Corporation:


    > Not. This is an advocacy group--we trolls are advocating our right to
    > free speech, of the kind our Founding Fathers fought and died for.


    That is where you are legally wrong.

    It has been declared through the courts
    that commercial asstroturfing is not protected by free speech.
    It has been reduced to the same rights as advertising.
    'We the COLA advocates' have the collective right to refuse
    ANY of your asstroturfing material.
    We have the right to call it fraudulent.
    That apparently is what your Founding Fathers had fought
    and died for - they DO NOT want to be decieved by commercially
    sponsored fraudulent advertising posts such the ones you
    provide on behalf of Micoshaft Corporation.




  8. Re: EU investigation into Open XML vote still ongoing

    Micoshaft fraudster Ezekiel wrote on behalf of half wits from Micoshaft
    Corporation:


    > Shut up High Plains Rafael. A low-life hypocrite like you has not right to
    > whine and complain.



    So, are you, an EXPERT WINDUMMY troll now claiming you are not a low-life
    hypocrite without rights to whine and complain?


    The mind boggles!


  9. Re: EU investigation into Open XML vote still ongoing

    ____/ High Plains Thumper on Thursday 08 May 2008 17:39 : \____

    > http://ec.europa.eu/idabc/en/document/7386/469
    >
    > > EU: Schools increase use of Open Source Open Source News - 26
    > > February 2008 - EU and Europe-wide - General
    > >
    > > [....]
    > >
    > > In Macedonia, a 180.000 PCs running the GNU/Linux distribution
    > > Ubuntu are being deployed in schools across the country. In
    > > Turkey all students aged 11 and 12 will find Open Source on
    > > their schools PCs as an option next to Microsoft Windows. And
    > > in Russia, the government last year decided to migrate all
    > > schools to GNU/Linux, a move that should be completed by 2009.

    >
    > LOLROTF! *Bomp, bomp, bomp, another 180,000 Microsoft licenses
    > bite the dust!


    Think large.

    Deploying KDE to 52 million young people

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | By the end of this year 29,000 labs serving some 32,000,000 students will be
    | fully deployed and in active use.
    |
    | By the end of next year (2009) those numbers will have swelled to 53,000 labs
    | serving some 52,000,000 students.
    `----

    http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2008/04/d...ion-young.html

    Now, that's nothing to sneeze at.


    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Charity: compensating for a broken system rather than actually fixing it
    http://Schestowitz.com | Free as in Free Beer | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
    Cpu(s): 24.3%us, 3.6%sy, 1.0%ni, 66.6%id, 4.1%wa, 0.3%hi, 0.1%si, 0.0%st
    http://iuron.com - semantic engine to gather information

  10. Re: 52,000,000 Linux Deployment - Counters Troll Lies of 0.6% MarketShare

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper on Thursday :
    >
    >> http://ec.europa.eu/idabc/en/document/7386/469
    >>
    >>> EU: Schools increase use of Open Source Open Source News -
    >>> 26 February 2008 - EU and Europe-wide - General
    >>>
    >>> [....]
    >>>
    >>> In Macedonia, a 180.000 PCs running the GNU/Linux
    >>> distribution Ubuntu are being deployed in schools across
    >>> the country. In Turkey all students aged 11 and 12 will
    >>> find Open Source on their schools PCs as an option next to
    >>> Microsoft Windows. And in Russia, the government last year
    >>> decided to migrate all schools to GNU/Linux, a move that
    >>> should be completed by 2009.

    >>
    >> LOLROTF! Bomp, bomp, bomp, another 180,000 Microsoft
    >> licenses bite the dust!

    >
    > Think large.
    >
    > Deploying KDE to 52 million young people
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >> By the end of this year 29,000 labs serving some 32,000,000
    >> students will be fully deployed and in active use.
    >>
    >> By the end of next year (2009) those numbers will have
    >> swelled to 53,000 labs serving some 52,000,000 students.

    > `----
    >
    > http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2008/04/d...ion-young.html
    >
    > Now, that's nothing to sneeze at.


    This is good news. It counters the troll lies that Linux is
    going nowhere, has only 0.6% market share, etc. etc. etc. ad nauseum.

    We have a bunch of wimpish trolls. I watched DFS slink away from
    one of my previous posts. They cannot counter the truth.

    --
    HPT
    Quando omni flunkus moritati
    (If all else fails, play dead)
    - "Red" Green

  11. Re: EU investigation into Open XML vote still ongoing

    7 wrote:
    > Micoshaft fraudster raylopez99 wrote on behalf of half wits
    > from Micoshaft Corporation:
    >
    >> Not. This is an advocacy group--we trolls are advocating
    >> our right to free speech, of the kind our Founding Fathers
    >> fought and died for.

    >
    > That is where you are legally wrong.
    >
    > It has been declared through the courts that commercial
    > astroturfing is not protected by free speech. It has been
    > reduced to the same rights as advertising. 'We the COLA
    > advocates' have the collective right to refuse ANY of your
    > astroturfing material. We have the right to call it
    > fraudulent. That apparently is what your Founding Fathers had
    > fought and died for - they DO NOT want to be deceived by
    > commercially sponsored fraudulent advertising posts such the
    > ones you provide on behalf of Micoshaft Corporation.


    The founding fathers of the US were against taxation without
    representation. All PC's should not be required to be sold with
    an operating system, or no operating system of choice.

    In such spirit there ought to be the Liverpool, UK Tea Party,
    with men dressed as Mel Gibson's Braveheart, dumping lovely boxes
    of Vista into the harbour.

    --
    HPT
    Quando omni flunkus moritati
    (If all else fails, play dead)
    - "Red" Green

  12. Re: EU investigation into Open XML vote still ongoing

    7 wrote:
    > Micoshaft fraudster Ezekiel wrote on behalf of half wits from
    > Micoshaft Corporation:
    >
    >> Shut up High Plains Rafael. A low-life hypocrite like you
    >> has not right to whine and complain.

    >
    > So, are you, an EXPERT WINDUMMY troll now claiming you are not
    > a low-life hypocrite without rights to whine and complain?
    >
    > The mind boggles!


    Ezekiel like all trolls in this newsgroup are unwelcomed guests.
    Many here have such lying peacefully in the resides of the kill
    filter, so fitting a place.

    --
    HPT
    Quando omni flunkus moritati
    (If all else fails, play dead)
    - "Red" Green

  13. Re: EU investigation into Open XML vote still ongoing

    On 2008-05-08, raylopez99 wrote:
    > On May 8, 9:39 am, High Plains Thumper
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Advocates who share the positive attributes of Linux and / or
    >> anything considered counter to a proprietary competing firm, its
    >> associates and those who profit by it seem to be the victim of
    >> relentless and unprovoked attacks in this newsgroup.

    >
    > Not. This is an advocacy group--we trolls are advocating our right to
    > free speech, of the kind our Founding Fathers fought and died for.


    What about founding mothers? They fought and they died too... and a lot
    of them were raped as well.

    As for the free speech issue.. you have all the freedom you want, to
    spout your bull**** here. It doesn't mean we have to read your comments.

    >> Keep it up, trolls. You only add fuel to the fire of a losing
    >> battle.

    >
    > Last I checked Linux had 0.6% market share. If that's a winning
    > battle, I'm a loser.


    You should read a bit wider.

    Why _did_ Microsoft extend the life of XP and put it on the EEEpc? Are
    they going to support it into the future?

    It certainly sounds like desperation to me.


    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  14. Re: 52,000,000 Linux Deployment - Counters Troll Lies of 0.6% Market Share

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: SHA1

    ____/ High Plains Thumper on Friday 09 May 2008 08:31 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >> High Plains Thumper on Thursday :
    >>
    >>> http://ec.europa.eu/idabc/en/document/7386/469
    >>>
    >>>> EU: Schools increase use of Open Source Open Source News -
    >>>> 26 February 2008 - EU and Europe-wide - General
    >>>>
    >>>> [....]
    >>>>
    >>>> In Macedonia, a 180.000 PCs running the GNU/Linux
    >>>> distribution Ubuntu are being deployed in schools across
    >>>> the country. In Turkey all students aged 11 and 12 will
    >>>> find Open Source on their schools PCs as an option next to
    >>>> Microsoft Windows. And in Russia, the government last year
    >>>> decided to migrate all schools to GNU/Linux, a move that
    >>>> should be completed by 2009.
    >>>
    >>> LOLROTF! Bomp, bomp, bomp, another 180,000 Microsoft
    >>> licenses bite the dust!

    >>
    >> Think large.
    >>
    >> Deploying KDE to 52 million young people
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> By the end of this year 29,000 labs serving some 32,000,000
    >>> students will be fully deployed and in active use.
    >>>
    >>> By the end of next year (2009) those numbers will have
    >>> swelled to 53,000 labs serving some 52,000,000 students.

    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2008/04/d...ion-young.html
    >>
    >> Now, that's nothing to sneeze at.

    >
    > This is good news. It counters the troll lies that Linux is
    > going nowhere, has only 0.6% market share, etc. etc. etc. ad nauseum.
    >
    > We have a bunch of wimpish trolls. I watched DFS slink away from
    > one of my previous posts. They cannot counter the truth.


    Well, that's just the desktop, too. ;-)

    Whatever the /real/ number on the 'desktop' is (I see 40% in one of my sites,
    but that's just a niche), bear in mind that many Linux devices are out there
    and they don't identify themselves as Linux. Linux is the king of embedded
    devices, large computers and it is the fastest-growing platform for servers.

    - --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | GPL'd 3-D Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
    http://Schestowitz.com | RHAT Linux | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
    16:20:01 up 24 days, 14:32, 3 users, load average: 0.71, 1.24, 0.92
    http://iuron.com - Open Source knowledge engine project
    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)

    iD8DBQFIJGylU4xAY3RXLo4RAkd/AJ45bxeLTRXAxDRGUlMhbqMqkoK8sQCdGACv
    zjalhW/sb8GdMDgoY+UfzOE=
    =crhR
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

  15. Re: 52,000,000 Linux Deployment - Counters Troll Lies of 0.6% Market Share

    High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > This is good news. It counters the troll lies that Linux is
    > going nowhere,


    and fast.


    > has only 0.6% market share, etc. etc. etc. ad nauseum.


    0.63% Apr 2008, up from a whopping 0.61% in March. Go Linux!



    > We have a bunch of wimpish trolls. I watched DFS slink away from
    > one of my previous posts.


    Don't flatter yourself - you're too boring and silly to respond to most of
    the time.


    > They cannot counter the truth.


    Let me know when you write some truth, bozo. Is the lying Subject line
    yours or Spamowitz's?




+ Reply to Thread