This can't be good - "XP Cheaper Than Linux On Eee 900" - Linux

This is a discussion on This can't be good - "XP Cheaper Than Linux On Eee 900" - Linux ; chrisv wrote: > J.O. Aho wrote: >> dennis@home wrote: >>> >>> "chrisv" wrote in message >>> news:H9CdndljLI4wTLjVnZ2dnUVZ_tzinZ2d@giganews.com ... >>>> dennis@home wrote: >>>> >>>>> New products tend not to be discounted, wait 3 months and see what >>>>> the prices are. ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 81 to 97 of 97

  1. Re: This can't be good - "XP Cheaper Than Linux On Eee 900"

    chrisv wrote:
    > J.O. Aho wrote:
    >> dennis@home wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "chrisv" wrote in message
    >>> news:H9CdndljLI4wTLjVnZ2dnUVZ_tzinZ2d@giganews.com ...

    >>> That may or may not be true, its up to Asus.
    >>> If the linux one doesn't sell because the XP one is cheaper the linux
    >>> one will go and linux users will just have to buy an XP one and put
    >>> linux on it.

    >> I think most microsoft users will just buy a Linux version which has a
    >> larger SSD and costs less...

    > Most Microsoft users will wait for a PnP linux for the desktop PC that works
    > on new hardware. It appears that it will be a long wait.

    Linux won't install itself, you as user has to make an active choice to
    install it... if you do that, then you don't have to wait more than 20
    minutes...

    --

    //Aho

  2. Re: This can't be good - "XP Cheaper Than Linux On Eee 900"

    "Rick" stated in post
    UKWdnbR7u6UrjrvVnZ2dnUVZ_q7inZ2d@supernews.com on 5/10/08 2:29 PM:

    >>> SO.. you can't answer either ....

    >> Already answered. Only one idiot (that would be you) can't grasp it.

    > Eat **** and die,

    You sure get grumpy, Rick.

    --
    "The music is not inside the piano." - Alan Kay

  3. Re: This can't be good - "XP Cheaper Than Linux On Eee 900"

    On 2008-05-10, Rick wrote:
    > On Sat, 10 May 2008 11:20:28 +0100, William Poaster wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 10 May 2008 08:53:30 +0000, Gregory Shearman wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 2008-05-09, the wintroll dennis@home >>> punch-his-way-out-of-a-paper-bag.net> wrote:

    >>> You can run your eeepc with compiz fusion, you've got openoffice, gimp
    >>> etc, etc...
    >>>
    >>> What do you get with XP?

    >> Notepad? Er....diskdefragger?

    > On the Eee? MS Works.

    Oxymoron Alert!!!

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  4. Re: This can't be good - "XP Cheaper Than Linux On Eee 900"

    On Sun, 11 May 2008 08:57:54 +0000, Gregory Shearman wrote:

    > On 2008-05-10, Rick wrote:

    >>> Notepad? Er....diskdefragger?

    >> On the Eee? MS Works.
    >>

    > Oxymoron Alert!!!

    Ok... good one.. almost sprayed my soda :-)

    --
    Rick

  5. Re: This can't be good - "XP Cheaper Than Linux On Eee 900"

    On 2008-05-11, Rick wrote:
    > On Sun, 11 May 2008 08:57:54 +0000, Gregory Shearman wrote:

    >>> On the Eee? MS Works.
    >>>

    >> Oxymoron Alert!!!

    > Ok... good one.. almost sprayed my soda :-)

    I really do hope you weren't speaking figuratively.... 8-)

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  6. Re: This can't be good - "XP Cheaper Than Linux On Eee 900"

    On Sun, 11 May 2008 21:35:09 +0000, Gregory Shearman wrote:

    > On 2008-05-11, Rick wrote:

    >>> Oxymoron Alert!!!

    >> Ok... good one.. almost sprayed my soda :-)

    > I really do hope you weren't speaking figuratively.... 8-)

    No, I wasn't. It was very close... and I kinda like my wide screen LCD :-)

    --
    Rick

  7. Re: This can't be good - "XP Cheaper Than Linux On Eee 900"

    dumbass@home wrote:

    >"chrisv" wrote:
    >>
    >> dennis@home wrote:
    >>
    >>> New products tend not to be discounted, wait 3 months and see what the
    >>> prices are.
    >>> There is also the issue of supply and demand, if demand for the XP
    >>> machine is a lot the price will stay up and the linux one will
    >>> disappear, likewise if the linux one is very popular.

    >> One version being "very popular" doesn't mean the other version will
    >> disappear. It's not like they have to build significantly-different
    >> hardware for the two versions.

    >That may or may not be true, its up to Asus.

    So you admit that you've again shown what a dumb**** you are, stating
    that one of them will "disappear" if the other is "very popular", as
    if that were the certain result.

    >If the linux one doesn't sell because the XP one is cheaper the linux one
    >will go and linux users will just have to buy an XP one and put linux on it.

    Dumb****. They will both "sell". Learn to think in shades of gray
    instead of black and white, simpleton.

  8. Re: This can't be good - "XP Cheaper Than Linux On Eee 900"

    "chrisv" wrote in message
    > dumbass@home wrote:

    >>> One version being "very popular" doesn't mean the other version will
    >>> disappear. It's not like they have to build significantly-different
    >>> hardware for the two versions.

    >>That may or may not be true, its up to Asus.

    > So you admit that you've again shown what a dumb**** you are, stating
    > that one of them will "disappear" if the other is "very popular", as
    > if that were the certain result.
    >
    >>If the linux one doesn't sell because the XP one is cheaper the linux one
    >>will go and linux users will just have to buy an XP one and put linux on
    >>it.

    > Dumb****. They will both "sell". Learn to think in shades of gray
    > instead of black and white, simpleton.

    Well when I am proved right will that shut your stupid mouth?
    I doubt it, you are too stupid to even notice.

  9. Re: This can't be good - "XP Cheaper Than Linux On Eee 900"

    dumbass@home wrote:

    >"chrisv" wrote in message
    >> dumbass@home wrote:

    >>>That may or may not be true, its up to Asus.

    >> So you admit that you've again shown what a dumb**** you are, stating
    >> that one of them will "disappear" if the other is "very popular", as
    >> if that were the certain result.
    >>
    >>>If the linux one doesn't sell because the XP one is cheaper the linux one
    >>>will go and linux users will just have to buy an XP one and put linux on
    >>>it.

    >> Dumb****. They will both "sell". Learn to think in shades of gray
    >> instead of black and white, simpleton.
    >>

    >Well when I am proved right will that shut your stupid mouth?
    >I doubt it, you are too stupid to even notice.

    You have no basis to call me "stupid", dumbss. Rather ironic, and
    dishonest, considering I have slam-dunked you on many occasions.

  10. Re: This can't be good - "XP Cheaper Than Linux On Eee 900"

    "chrisv" wrote in message
    > dumbass@home wrote:
    >
    >>"chrisv" wrote in message

    >>> So you admit that you've again shown what a dumb**** you are, stating
    >>> that one of them will "disappear" if the other is "very popular", as
    >>> if that were the certain result.

    >>> Dumb****. They will both "sell". Learn to think in shades of gray
    >>> instead of black and white, simpleton.
    >>>

    >>Well when I am proved right will that shut your stupid mouth?
    >>I doubt it, you are too stupid to even notice.

    > You have no basis to call me "stupid", dumbss. Rather ironic, and
    > dishonest, considering I have slam-dunked you on many occasions.

    See, you are so stupid you think you have won something.

  11. Re: This can't be good - "XP Cheaper Than Linux On Eee 900"

    On 2008-05-09 18:01, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > Let's see how the Linux loons try and spin this one.

    What about "you get what you pay for" , will it work here ?

    /bb

  12. Re: This can't be good - "XP Cheaper Than Linux On Eee 900"

    On Wed, 14 May 2008 13:13:38 +0200, birre wrote:

    > On 2008-05-09 18:01, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> Let's see how the Linux loons try and spin this one.
    >>

    > What about "you get what you pay for" , will it work here ?

    This thread is certainly worth far less than I paid for it.

  13. Re: This can't be good - "XP Cheaper Than Linux On Eee 900"

    On 14 May 2008 15:18:21 +0200, Mark Madsen wrote:

    > On Wed, 14 May 2008 13:13:38 +0200, birre wrote:
    >
    >> On 2008-05-09 18:01, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>
    >>> Let's see how the Linux loons try and spin this one.
    >>>

    >> What about "you get what you pay for" , will it work here ?

    > This thread is certainly worth far less than I paid for it.

    Linux has a knack for leaving the audience wanting less.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  14. Re: This can't be good - "XP Cheaper Than Linux On Eee 900"

    On Wed, 14 May 2008 10:21:36 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On 14 May 2008 15:18:21 +0200, Mark Madsen wrote:

    >>> What about "you get what you pay for" , will it work here ?

    >> This thread is certainly worth far less than I paid for it.

    > Linux has a knack for leaving the audience wanting less.

    The part that you will never be able to explain satisfactorily is why it
    hurts you so much if I exercise my personal freedom to run whatever OS I
    like on my own computers, be it Linux, Windows, MacOS, *BSD, BeOS, Plan9
    or whatever.

    Any attempt to force me to be exactly like you and choose what you choose
    is certain to come across as incipient fascism, which doesn't go well
    with the name you choose to travel under....

    I'll exercise my own freedom to make my own choices, thank you very much.

  15. Re: This can't be good - "XP Cheaper Than Linux On Eee 900"

    On 14 May 2008 16:33:04 +0200, Mark Madsen wrote:

    > On Wed, 14 May 2008 10:21:36 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    >>> This thread is certainly worth far less than I paid for it.

    >> Linux has a knack for leaving the audience wanting less.

    > The part that you will never be able to explain satisfactorily is why it
    > hurts you so much if I exercise my personal freedom to run whatever OS I
    > like on my own computers, be it Linux, Windows, MacOS, *BSD, BeOS, Plan9
    > or whatever.

    I don't have to explain it,
    Why?
    Because I agree 100 percent with you.

    > Any attempt to force me to be exactly like you and choose what you choose
    > is certain to come across as incipient fascism, which doesn't go well
    > with the name you choose to travel under....

    I'm not forcing anything on you.
    You seem a wee bit paranoid?
    It's a common trait in COLA btw.

    > I'll exercise my own freedom to make my own choices, thank you very much.

    Good for you.
    Nobody is stopping, or trying to stop you from doing that!

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  16. Re: This can't be good - "XP Cheaper Than Linux On Eee 900"

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  17. Re: This can't be good - "XP Cheaper Than Linux On Eee 900"

    On 2008-05-16, Linonut claimed:

    > Just wish ol' Zeke 'd learn himself to put the "-- " before his sig.

    What's his signature say, "Idiot"?

    --
    Windows: Because _everyone_ needs a good laugh.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5