Mozilla: Firefox Plugin Shipped With Malicious Code - Linux

This is a discussion on Mozilla: Firefox Plugin Shipped With Malicious Code - Linux ; http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/2008...aAoaRnoS4jtBAF Mozilla warned Wednesday that a malicious program inserted adware code into a Firefox plugin that has been downloaded thousands of times over the past three months. ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **...

  1. Mozilla: Firefox Plugin Shipped With Malicious Code

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/2008...aAoaRnoS4jtBAF

    Mozilla warned Wednesday that a malicious program inserted adware code into
    a Firefox plugin that has been downloaded thousands of times over the past
    three months.

  2. Re: Mozilla: Firefox Plugin Shipped With Malicious Code

    Ezekiel wrote:

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/2008...aAoaRnoS4jtBAF

    > Mozilla warned Wednesday that a malicious program inserted adware code
    > into a Firefox plugin that has been downloaded thousands of times over the
    > past three months.

    Already sorted. The Vietnamese language pack is very popular in my neck of
    the woods!

  3. Re: Mozilla: Firefox Plugin Shipped With Malicious Code

    "SomeBloke" wrote in message
    > Ezekiel wrote:
    >

    > http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/2008...aAoaRnoS4jtBAF
    >>
    >> Mozilla warned Wednesday that a malicious program inserted adware code
    >> into a Firefox plugin that has been downloaded thousands of times over
    >> the
    >> past three months.
    >>

    > Already sorted.

    After 3-months before someone realize that it contained malicious code.

    > The Vietnamese language pack is very popular
    > in my neck of the woods!

    So "screw them" - it doesn't affect me. Right?

    So how many linux distros also contain malicious code that hasn't been
    detected for months? If an organized outfit like Mozilla can't manage to
    ensure their software is malware free then how does some guy who's rolling
    his own distro guard against this.

  4. Re: Mozilla: Firefox Plugin Shipped With Malicious Code

    Ezekiel wrote:

    > "SomeBloke" wrote in message
    >> Ezekiel wrote:

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/2008...aAoaRnoS4jtBAF

    >>> Mozilla warned Wednesday that a malicious program inserted adware code
    >>> into a Firefox plugin that has been downloaded thousands of times over
    >>> the
    >>> past three months.
    >>>

    >> Already sorted.

    > After 3-months before someone realize that it contained malicious code.
    >

    >> The Vietnamese language pack is very popular
    >> in my neck of the woods!

    > So "screw them" - it doesn't affect me. Right?
    >
    > So how many linux distros also contain malicious code that hasn't been
    > detected for months? If an organized outfit like Mozilla can't manage to
    > ensure their software is malware free then how does some guy who's rolling
    > his own distro guard against this.

    As I suspected, someone else who has had an irony bypass.

  5. Re: Mozilla: Firefox Plugin Shipped With Malicious Code

    "SomeBloke" wrote in message
    > Ezekiel wrote:
    >

    >> "SomeBloke" wrote in message
    >>> Ezekiel wrote:
    >>>

    > http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/2008...aAoaRnoS4jtBAF

    >>> Already sorted.

    >> After 3-months before someone realize that it contained malicious code.
    >>

    >>> The Vietnamese language pack is very popular
    >>> in my neck of the woods!

    >> So "screw them" - it doesn't affect me. Right?
    >>
    >> So how many linux distros also contain malicious code that hasn't been
    >> detected for months? If an organized outfit like Mozilla can't manage to
    >> ensure their software is malware free then how does some guy who's
    >> rolling
    >> his own distro guard against this.
    >>

    > As I suspected, someone else who has had an irony bypass.

    Ahhhh.... now I get it.

  6. Re: Mozilla: Firefox Plugin Shipped With Malicious Code

    On Thu, 08 May 2008 15:29:48 +0100, SomeBloke wrote:

    > Ezekiel wrote:
    >

    >> "SomeBloke" wrote in message
    >>> Ezekiel wrote:
    >>>

    > http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/2008...aAoaRnoS4jtBAF

    >>> Already sorted.

    >> After 3-months before someone realize that it contained malicious code.
    >>

    >>> The Vietnamese language pack is very popular in my neck of the woods!

    >> So "screw them" - it doesn't affect me. Right?
    >>
    >> So how many linux distros also contain malicious code that hasn't been
    >> detected for months? If an organized outfit like Mozilla can't manage to
    >> ensure their software is malware free then how does some guy who's
    >> rolling his own distro guard against this.

    > As I suspected, someone else who has had an irony bypass.

    Sheesh, the troll really doesn't know anything does it.

    --
    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
    This message was sent from a

  7. Re: Mozilla: Firefox Plugin Shipped With Malicious Code

    "William Poaster" wrote in message
    newsan.2008.05.08.14.42.13.160282@leafnode.amd64.eu...
    > On Thu, 08 May 2008 15:29:48 +0100, SomeBloke wrote:
    >
    >> Ezekiel wrote:
    >>

    >>> "SomeBloke" wrote in message
    >>>>

    >> http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/2008...aAoaRnoS4jtBAF

    >>> After 3-months before someone realize that it contained malicious code.

    >>> So "screw them" - it doesn't affect me. Right?
    >>>
    >>> So how many linux distros also contain malicious code that hasn't been
    >>> detected for months? If an organized outfit like Mozilla can't manage to
    >>> ensure their software is malware free then how does some guy who's
    >>> rolling his own distro guard against this.

    >> As I suspected, someone else who has had an irony bypass.

    > Sheesh, the troll really doesn't know anything does it.

    Willy is beyond clueless. My goldfish has more brains than this idiot.

  8. Re: Mozilla: Firefox Plugin Shipped With Malicious Code

    On Thu, 8 May 2008 10:02:41 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/2008...aAoaRnoS4jtBAF
    >
    > Mozilla warned Wednesday that a malicious program inserted adware code into
    > a Firefox plugin that has been downloaded thousands of times over the past
    > three months.

    So much for the many eyes theory.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  9. Re: Mozilla: Firefox Plugin Shipped With Malicious Code

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  10. Re: Mozilla: Firefox Plugin Shipped With Malicious Code

    "Moshe Goldfarb" wrote in message
    > On Thu, 8 May 2008 10:02:41 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/2008...aAoaRnoS4jtBAF
    >>
    >> Mozilla warned Wednesday that a malicious program inserted adware code
    >> into
    >> a Firefox plugin that has been downloaded thousands of times over the
    >> past
    >> three months.

    > So much for the many eyes theory.

    There's many eyes. Just not much brains behind the eyes.