IBM Fuels New Blue Biz Initiative With Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| "IBM has a great deal of expertise in Linux, as well as great software assets
| in the Lotus product set," Charles King, principal with Pund-IT, told
| LinuxInsider. "What IBM did with this offering is leverage its expertise in
| the product set specifically for the SMB market."
`----

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/IB...nux-62901.html

Recent:

IBM to offer Linux machines

,----[ Quote ]
| The machines, it was announced, will come with Red Hat's Linux distro, and
| will come pre-loaded with software from IBM, including its Lotus Symphony *
| suite.
`----

http://www.pcretailmag.com/news/2950...Linux-machines

IBM, allies offer Microsoft-free PCs for E.Europe

,----[ Quote ]
| International Business Machines Corp (IBM.N: Quote, Profile, Research) said
| it was offering the PCs based on the open-source Linux operating system
| together with Red Hat (RHT.N: Quote, Profile, Research) software distributor
| VDEL of Austria and Polish distributor and services firm LX Polska in
| response to demand from Russian IT chiefs. * *
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/marke...0080304?rpc=44

IBM launching a platform for SMB opportunity

,----[ Quote ]
| It runs on Linux and encompasses everything an SMB would need from an IT
| perspective, including e-mail and collaboration with Lotus Notes and Domino,
| file management, directory services, back-up and recovery, firewall,
| anti-virus, anti-spam and the Lotus Symphony office suite.
|
| “We've completely masked all the administration complexity usually associated
| with these systems so its transparent to the SMB,” said Sean Poulley,
| vice-president of online collaboration services on the IBM software
| group. “What we've also done is completely masked Linux from the end user,
| and if you don't think that's possible you've never used TiVo.”
`----

http://www.itbusiness.ca/it/client/e...id=48224&cid=6

Related:

Lotus Notes 8.5 to fully support Ubuntu Linux 7.0 in mid-2008

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://computerworld.com/action/arti...&intsrc=kc_top