More examples of businesses that quietly move to GNU/Linux:

Running Only on Open-Source Software

,----[ Quote ]
| Open-source software has found increasing acceptance within IT for
| infrastructure application - but many may still wonder, 'Is it possible to
| run a company almost entirely with open-source offerings?'
|
| [...]
|
| Although Smartleaf has about twice as many Linux desktops as Windows ones, "I
| have an assistant who spends about one-third of their time fixing
| miscellaneous problems with the Windows desktops. The Linux ones only need
| about an hour a week," Ritter said.
`----

http://www.midmarket.eweek.com/c/a/N...urce-Software/

GNU/Linux for most developers at Fox News (simply because it's better):

Ubuntu’s Hardy Heron nests at Fox News

,----[ Quote ]
| “Most of our developers actually run Ubuntu, so we’re definitely focused on
| correcting [the problem],” he wrote, according to the ERACC Web Log.
|
| [...]
|
| Move over, Windows … Ubuntu wants more room in the nest.
`----

http://enterpriselinuxlog.blogs.tech...s-at-fox-news/

There are other examples of businesses that move to Linux desktops (one recent
example below).

Recent:

Mercian Labels stuck on open source software

,----[ Quote ]
| A Cannock company has labelled open source software 'the future' after
| turning its back on the big brands.
|
| Mercian Labels, based in Watling Street supplies products including barcode,
| security and hologram labels to a wide variety of SMEs across the UK.
`----

http://www.birminghampost.net/birmin...5233-20764289/

Related:

,----[ Quote ]