    kind of dominance at all."

    2nd comment at http://aplawrence.com/Linux/linux-long-term.html

  2. Re: Linux: never expected to dominate at all

    On 2008-05-08 14:59, DFS wrote:
    > ".. I don't expect ever to see Linux, or anything like Linux, having any
    > kind of dominance at all."

    Is it ok that I still use Linux, or do you have some good advice for me?

    Will it also mean that everything that can't dominate the world as a new
    monopoly is doomed ?

    Some of your links are just stupid kids that try to use known linux hostile
    hardware and applications on linux and it's like me dislike my car since the
    wheels from the old one can't be used.

    This is an linux advocacy group, and your mission here seems to be a negative
    mirror of Roy, but he send links to linux positive events,
    so you must be in the wrong group.
    I guess a vista group will enjoy your postings much more.

    /bb

  3. Re: Linux: never expected to dominate at all

    On Fri, 09 May 2008 14:15:17 +0200, birre wrote:

    > On 2008-05-08 14:59, DFS wrote:
    >> ".. I don't expect ever to see Linux, or anything like Linux, having
    >> any
    >> kind of dominance at all."

    > Is it ok that I still use Linux, or do you have some good advice for me?
    >
    > Will it also mean that everything that can't dominate the world as a new
    > monopoly is doomed ?
    >
    > Some of your links are just stupid kids that try to use known linux
    > hostile hardware and applications on linux and it's like me dislike my car
    > since the wheels from the old one can't be used.
    >
    > This is an linux advocacy group, and your mission here seems to be a
    > negative mirror of Roy, but he send links to linux positive events, so you
    > must be in the wrong group.
    > I guess a vista group will enjoy your postings much more.

    /dev/null would enjoy DooFu$'s postings much more.

    --
    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
    This message was sent from a

  4. Re: Linux: never expected to dominate at all

    On Thu, 08 May 2008 08:59:11 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > ".. I don't expect ever to see Linux, or anything like Linux, having any
    > kind of dominance at all."
    >
    > 2nd comment at http://aplawrence.com/Linux/linux-long-term.html

    Let's all trust "anonymous" as an authority on Linux...since his blog
    comment looked so *official*.

    The actual blog entry seems to say the opposite:

    ". . . Linux keeps getting better and sooner or later it should be as
    slick as slick can be. I mean that literally: at some point we will reach
    the zenith of OS design and then why would you choose anything other than
    the free one? Linux ascendance and dominance seems inevitable from that
    point of view."

  5. Re: Linux: never expected to dominate at all

    On May 8, 8:59 am, "DFS" wrote:
    > ".. I don't expect ever to see Linux, or anything like Linux, having any
    > kind of dominance at all."

    "I don't expect to see Washington, or Adams, or Jefferson, or Han****,
    or Revere, or any of the others to have any kind of dominance at all".
    - A Very Wise Person, ca. 1776

    On the other hand, Hugo Chavez is very successful, he just changed
    Venezuela's time zone, shifting it by 1/2 hour with the sole purpose
    of demonstrating to friends and foes alike that he can do that and
    many other things anytime he feels like it.

    Any resemblance to Bill Gates and Co. is not purely coincidence.

    Please raise your hands:

    - Those who would prefer their children to live in a Hugo Chavez
    world
    - Those who would prefer them in a Washington+Jefferson+Adams, etc.
    world?

    -Ramon

  6. Re: Linux: never expected to dominate at all

    On 2008-05-09, birre claimed:

    > I guess a vista group will enjoy your postings much more.

    Nobody in the Vista groups is happy. DuFuS would just get lost in the
    crowd over there.

    --
    A crash reduces
    Your crap Windows computer

  7. Re: Linux: never expected to dominate at all

    birre wrote:
    > On 2008-05-08 14:59, DFS wrote:
    >> ".. I don't expect ever to see Linux, or anything like Linux,
    >> having any kind of dominance at all."

    > Is it ok that I still use Linux, or do you have some good advice for
    > me?

    I do: drop it and use Windows (or Mac if you have to). You'll have a better
    computing experience.

    > Will it also mean that everything that can't dominate the world as a
    > new monopoly is doomed ?

    The ONLY reason Linux is still around is it's open source. Very few want or
    expect to make a living developing for it. If an ROI was required, as it is
    for every commercial product, Linux would never have been born.

    ?

    > This is an linux advocacy group,

    I missed that transformation. Seems to me a majority of the discussion on
    cola - and virtually all of the insults - are about MS and Windows.

    > and your mission here seems to be a
    > negative mirror of Roy, but he send links to linux positive events,

    Is that right? The Lying Spamming Idiot has posted "The entire industry is
    disappointed with Vista" over 100 times. How much more positive can you
    get, eh!

    > so you must be in the wrong group.
    > I guess a vista group will enjoy your postings much more.

    Nah - Vista groups aren't full of mean-spirited little teenyboppers posting
    every anti-Linux tidbit they can get their freeloading hands on.

  8. Re: Linux: never expected to dominate at all

    On Fri, 09 May 2008 17:04:05 -0500, Sinister Midget wrote:

    > On 2008-05-09, birre claimed:
    >
    >> I guess a vista group will enjoy your postings much more.

    > Nobody in the Vista groups is happy. DuFuS would just get lost in the
    > crowd over there.

    Really...hmm....yup, a vista group would enjoy his postings much more! ;-)

    --
    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
    This message was sent from a
    computer which is guaranteed