Unicaresoft loses MSNLock case against Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| The Dutch version of Oxford English Dictionary, Van Dale, also mentions MSN
| as a generic term meaning to contact someone via an instant messenger.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/05...nst_microsoft/

This won't add to Microsoft's popularity in a country that's already moving to
Free software and ODF. Serves it right:

Microsoft Satellite Map Project Sued Over Name

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft's TerraServer-USA satellite imagery project has been slapped with a
| trademark lawsuit from a small North Carolina company with a confusingly
| similar name.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente...over_name.html

Related:

Grisoft subpoenas Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| The website, alleges Grisoft, infringes its copyrights and trademarks.
|
| The lawyers said: "The website's proponent, with MSN's facilitation, is
| taking a 'free ride' on our clients rights" and the proponent of the website
| is distributing AVG software for a fee. *
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...enas-microsoft

School sues Microsoft over copyright

,----[ Quote ]
| But it's complicated because the wire reports Microsoft Philippines bought
| licences to print the manual back in 2004.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...soft-copyright

Microsoft to eBay name for $1m

,----[ Quote ]
| Portuguese outfit Microsoft Lda aims to cash in on its name by eBaying the
| brand and business for a starting price of $1m, Reuters reports.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/12..._name_auction/

Portuguese firm Microsoft to auction name on eBay

http://www.reuters.com/article/marke...0071217?rpc=44

Microsoft infringing on one of Apple Patents?

,----[ Quote ]
| Keep in mind I am not a patent researcher, and I am sure Apple is not
| going to sue Microsoft for abusing one of their patents, but it does
| at least look like Microsoft is abusing this patent.
`----

http://www.noheat.com/2007/06/22/mic...apple-patents/

Handling of Microsoft's copyleft violation

,----[ Quote ]
| A member of the Microsoft packaged software team lifting one of my
| images is definitely a case where the infringing party should have
| known better, as the company routinely takes action to protect its
| own IP.
`----

http://www.niallkennedy.com/blog/arc...hotograph.html

Appeals Court Rules that Deceptive Conduct in Standard Setting can Violate
Antitrust Laws

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.consortiuminfo.org/standa...07090607324049