[News] Creative Spreads Wings for Linux, X-Fi Fatal1ty Driver Available in Beta! - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Creative Spreads Wings for Linux, X-Fi Fatal1ty Driver Available in Beta! - Linux ; You have selected X-Fi Fatal1ty and Linux. http://uk.europe.creative.com/suppor...1&OSName=Linux X-Fi Driver Only Supports 64-bit Linux [for Now] http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NjA2OQ Related: Re: X-FI Linux Driver? ,----[ Quote ] | Hi guys, | | Just a quick update on this, I can confirm the ...

  1. [News] Creative Spreads Wings for Linux, X-Fi Fatal1ty Driver Available in Beta!

    You have selected X-Fi Fatal1ty and Linux.

    http://uk.europe.creative.com/suppor...1&OSName=Linux

    X-Fi Driver Only Supports 64-bit Linux [for Now]

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NjA2OQ

    Related:

    Re: X-FI Linux Driver?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Hi guys,
    |
    | Just a quick update on this, I can confirm the driver will be going online
    | very soon, I couldn't give you an exact day at this point but it should be
    | out by the end of the month, on our Download page. ¬*
    `----

    http://forums.creative.com/creativel...ending&page=85

    [Openal-devel] Creative Labs and OpenAL

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | According to a schedule I saw it appears that a basic public beta Linux
    | driver (64bit only) may be available in Sept / Oct time-frame.
    `----

    http://opensource.creative.com/piper...st/004945.html

    [X-Fi Drivers to Linux]

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Creative plans to make proprietary (closed source) drivers available
    | for the X-Fi series of sound cards. SEE ¬*Soundcard Support for
    | updated details. These drivers should have full support for ALSA
    | (playback, recording, mixer, MIDI, synthesis) and OpenAL 1.1 (with
    | EAX effects).
    `----

    http://opensource.creative.com/

  2. Re: [News] Creative Spreads Wings for Linux, X-Fi Fatal1ty Driver Available in Beta!

    > You have selected X-Fi Fatal1ty and Linux.
    >
    > http://uk.europe.creative.com/suppor...1&OSName=Linux
    >
    > X-Fi Driver Only Supports 64-bit Linux [for Now]
    >
    > http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NjA2OQ

    > http://opensource.creative.com/

    Cool.

    It sounds like DFS's letter writing campaign had some effect!

    --
    Tux rox!

  3. Re: [News] Creative Spreads Wings for Linux, X-Fi Fatal1ty Driver Available in Beta!

    ____/ Linonut on Monday 24 September 2007 23:45 : \____

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> You have selected X-Fi Fatal1ty and Linux.

    http://uk.europe.creative.com/suppor...1&OSName=Linux

    >> X-Fi Driver Only Supports 64-bit Linux [for Now]
    >>
    >> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NjA2OQ

    >> http://opensource.creative.com/

    > Cool.
    >
    > It sounds like DFS's letter writing campaign had some effect!

    Have you watched the scale of that thread in their Web site? That /alone/ shows
    you that the Linux market is out there and it's begging for support. Many of
    these might be dual-booters who could not get sound while gaming on Linux,
    _until now_. This will give less excuses for keeping a Windows partition This
    driver is an important one and many people have anticipated it.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: the buttocks is the largest muscle
    Tasks: 132 total, 1 running, 131 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie

  4. Re: [News] Creative Spreads Wings for Linux, X-Fi Fatal1ty Driver Available in Beta!

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > ____/ Linonut on Monday 24 September 2007 23:45 : \____
    >
    >> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o' wisdom:
    >>
    >>> You have selected X-Fi Fatal1ty and Linux.
    >>>

    > http://uk.europe.creative.com/suppor...1&OSName=Linux
    >>>
    >>> X-Fi Driver Only Supports 64-bit Linux [for Now]
    >>>
    >>> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NjA2OQ

    >>> http://opensource.creative.com/

    >> Cool.
    >>
    >> It sounds like DFS's letter writing campaign had some effect!

    > Have you watched the scale of that thread in their Web site? That /alone/ shows
    > you that the Linux market is out there and it's begging for support. Many of
    > these might be dual-booters who could not get sound while gaming on Linux,
    > _until now_. This will give less excuses for keeping a Windows partition This
    > driver is an important one and many people have anticipated it.

    Economics is a terribly strong driver to encourage the writing of
    drivers. Proper, open-source drivers driven by economics.

  5. Re: [News] Creative Spreads Wings for Linux, X-Fi Fatal1ty DriverAvailable in Beta!

    > You have selected X-Fi Fatal1ty and Linux.
    >
    > http://uk.europe.creative.com/suppor...1&OSName=Linux

    [looks out window]
    Oh look, it's a flock of pigs migrating south for the winter.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "OOXML is a superb standard"
    | - GNU/Linux traitor, Miguel de Icaza.
    `----

    08:16:14 up 48 days, 7:11, 2 users, load average: 0.91, 0.56, 0.38

  6. Re: [News] Creative Spreads Wings for Linux, X-Fi Fatal1ty Driver Available in Beta!

    ____/ [H]omer on Wednesday 26 September 2007 08:17 : \____

    >> You have selected X-Fi Fatal1ty and Linux.

    http://uk.europe.creative.com/suppor...1&OSName=Linux

    > [looks out window]
    > Oh look, it's a flock of pigs migrating south for the winter.

    Heh. That's just what I said in Digg (not exactly the same words though).

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Warning 0x12C: ispell feels tired
    Cpu(s): 27.1%us, 4.9%sy, 1.0%ni, 62.0%id, 4.4%wa, 0.3%hi, 0.2%si, 0.0%st