[News] GNU/Linux Faster Than XP; Microsoft Gives Up on Compatibility in XP SP3 - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] GNU/Linux Faster Than XP; Microsoft Gives Up on Compatibility in XP SP3 - Linux ; Does a Linux OS perform better than a Windows ? ,----[ Quote ] | Linux not only is more secure but at times cuts down on many irrelavant | applications and cookie downloads. `---- http://www.itvoir.com/portal/boxx/kn...iid=668&Cat=23 Microsoft warns of IE7 lock-in ...

  1. [News] GNU/Linux Faster Than XP; Microsoft Gives Up on Compatibility in XP SP3

    Does a Linux OS perform better than a Windows ?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Linux not only is more secure but at times cuts down on many irrelavant
    | applications and cookie downloads.
    `----

    http://www.itvoir.com/portal/boxx/kn...iid=668&Cat=23

    Microsoft warns of IE7 lock-in with XP SP3

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The warning first appeared in a post Monday to a company blog written by the
    | Internet Explorer (IE) development team. Microsoft released Windows XP SP3 to
    | Windows Update as an optional download Tuesday.
    `----

    http://www.computerworld.com/action/...icleId=9083318

    Recent:

    Linux Eee PC Far Faster Than Windows Version

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Startup
    | Linux: 30 seconds - Windows: 54 seconds
    | Launching Firefox
    | Linux: 4 seconds - Windows: 16 seconds
    | Shutdown
    | Linux: 6 seconds - Windows: 68 seconds
    `----

    http://www.linuxloop.com/news/2008/0...ndows-version/

    Yesterday:

    Why is Linux Faster than Windows?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | So, it seems to me the primary reason why Linux runs faster than Windows is
    | because it is better designed to work with hardware, in the context that it
    | handles operations in a more efficient manner than Windows.spacer_gif Why is
    | Linux Faster than Windows? *
    |
    | In my opinion, I also get the perception, that perhaps the development of
    | Linux is guided by people who seek to maximize performance. It does not
    | appear to be developed predominantly by those who seek to maximize
    | profits.spacer_gif Why is Linux Faster than Windows? *
    `----

    http://ubuntulinuxhelp.com/why-is-li...-than-windows/

  2. Re: [News] GNU/Linux Faster Than XP; Microsoft Gives Up on Compatibilityin XP SP3

    Microsoft Gives Up?

    They've been doing that a lot recently

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    04:52:14 up 139 days, 1:28, 6 users, load average: 0.54, 1.06, 0.77

  3. Re: [News] GNU/Linux Faster Than XP; Microsoft Gives Up on Compatibility in XP SP3

    ____/ Homer on Thursday 08 May 2008 04:52 : \____

    > Microsoft Gives Up?
    >
    > They've been doing that a lot recently

    So they try to make others give up too, passing on their misery. They currently
    attack their number 1 competitor in a variety of ways.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "Error, no keyboard - press F1 to continue"
    Mem: 515500k total, 445484k used, 70016k free, 968k buffers

  4. Re: [News] GNU/Linux Faster Than XP; Microsoft Gives Up on Compatibility in XP SP3

    > Linux Eee PC Far Faster Than Windows Version
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| Startup
    >| Linux: 30 seconds - Windows: 54 seconds
    >| Launching Firefox
    >| Linux: 4 seconds - Windows: 16 seconds
    >| Shutdown
    >| Linux: 6 seconds - Windows: 68 seconds
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.linuxloop.com/news/2008/0...ndows-version/
    >

    > Why is Linux Faster than Windows?
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| In my opinion, I also get the perception, that perhaps the development of
    >| Linux is guided by people who seek to maximize performance. It does not
    >| appear to be developed predominantly by those who seek to maximize
    >| profits.spacer_gif Why is Linux Faster than Windows? *
    > `----
    >
    > http://ubuntulinuxhelp.com/why-is-li...-than-windows/

    Um hum.

    --
    When the PC was launched, people knew it was important.
    -- Bill Gates

+ Reply to Thread