Linux: each new distro is one step forward, two steps back - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux: each new distro is one step forward, two steps back - Linux ; "I just wish that more attention to detail could be embraced, so that each new distro is a step forward instead of one forward and two back." http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtop...806771&t=28030...

  1. Linux: each new distro is one step forward, two steps back

    "I just wish that more attention to detail could be embraced, so that each
    new distro is a step forward instead of one forward and two back."

    http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtop...806771&t=28030

  2. Re: Linux: each new distro is one step forward, two steps back

    On Wed, 7 May 2008 08:46:19 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > "I just wish that more attention to detail could be embraced, so that each
    > new distro is a step forward instead of one forward and two back."
    >
    > http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtop...806771&t=28030

    Yep...
    Instead of releasing one broken distribution after another, the Linux
    community should fix what they already have.

    It won't happen though because it's all about *choice*.

    Choosing a Linux distribution is like choosing whether to be shot, hung or
    gassed.

    The end result is the same.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb