Puppy 4.0 and Windows network - Linux

This is a discussion on Puppy 4.0 and Windows network - Linux ; First, let me say that Puppy 4.0 is awesome! So far every- thing seems to work like 3 (but better), but I can't seem to get Windows networking working correctly. The front end pgm. (Pnethood) sees the Windows (ME) computer, ...

  1. Puppy 4.0 and Windows network

    First, let me say that Puppy 4.0 is awesome! So far every-
    thing seems to work like 3 (but better), but I can't seem to
    get Windows networking working correctly. The front end pgm.
    (Pnethood) sees the Windows (ME) computer, but finds no
    folders to share. Last I remember there was a properties
    setting that needed to be configured, but there is no
    properties now. The shares are not PW protected and require
    no user name. Any help would be appreciated.

    Dave,

  2. Re: Puppy 4.0 and Windows network

    Nomen Nescio writes:

    > First, let me say that Puppy 4.0 is awesome! So far every-
    > thing seems to work like 3 (but better), but I can't seem to

    Please define how things that "work as before" work "better than
    before". You mean there are lots of bug fixes? What?

    > get Windows networking working correctly. The front end pgm.
    > (Pnethood) sees the Windows (ME) computer, but finds no
    > folders to share. Last I remember there was a properties
    > setting that needed to be configured, but there is no
    > properties now. The shares are not PW protected and require
    > no user name. Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Dave,

    I would advise asking in a more technical Linux newsgroup or even better
    ##linux irc channel on freenode.

  3. Re: Puppy 4.0 and Windows network

    : Windows (ME)

    Found your problem.