[News] [Rival] Microsoft Misery Claimed Without Yahoo, Ballmer Frustrated - Linux

  1. [News] [Rival] Microsoft Misery Claimed Without Yahoo, Ballmer Frustrated

    Microsoft Misery: The Morning After

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Details have been trickling in all weekend about Microsoft's decision
    | Saturday to make good on their threats to take their toys and go home —
    | although we'll likely never get all the pieces of the puzzle, enough have
    | emerged to put together a roundup of how things went down.
    |
    | Of course, it all began three months ago, when a quiet Friday morning was
    | shattered by the announcement that Evil Incorporated was gunning for Google
    | and planned to use Yahoo to as it's H-bomb. Of course, the intervening months
    | saw plenty of bickering back and forth, and more than enough maneuvering on
    | all sides. Then came Microsoft's big 'get serious' moment, with the
    | three-week ultimatum they eventually ignored. That was followed by the sudden
    | and surprising appearance of quitter-talk, which is exactly what they ended
    | up doing.
    `----

    http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/...-morning-after

    24 billion later (Microsoft's loss of value since the bid [1]), just about 24
    billion left in the bank [2], with Windows sales falling 24% in the past
    quarter [3]...

    Bishop says Ballmer must be "Frustrated".

    __
    [1] Microsoft's Yahoo foray signals its shaky grip on the desktop

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Even after Monday's relief rally, Microsoft is worth some $24 billion less
    | than it was before it bid for Yahoo on Feb. 1.
    `----

    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1210...googlenews_wsj

    [2] Data: Cash balances at large tech companies

    http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/m...asp?source=rss

    [3] Microsoft sees slide in profits

    [4] Adjusting the Ballmer Mood Index: Frustrated

    http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/m...asp?source=rss

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Misery Claimed Without Yahoo, Ballmer Frustrated

    On 2008-05-06, Roy Schestowitz claimed:

    > 24 billion later (Microsoft's loss of value since the bid [1]), just about 24
    > billion left in the bank [2], with Windows sales falling 24% in the past
    > quarter [3]...

    With all of those "24s" it might be a safe bet that they have about
    that much time left to milk their users before a mass exodus occurs.

    Hey, I can dream, can't I? Either that or I'm a prophet.

    --
    Vista: Six years to make, six minutes to break.

  3. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Misery Claimed Without Yahoo, Ballmer Frustrated

    * Sinister Midget peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On 2008-05-06, Roy Schestowitz claimed:
    >
    >> 24 billion later (Microsoft's loss of value since the bid [1]), just about 24
    >> billion left in the bank [2], with Windows sales falling 24% in the past
    >> quarter [3]...

    > With all of those "24s" it might be a safe bet that they have about
    > that much time left to milk their users before a mass exodus occurs.
    >
    > Hey, I can dream, can't I? Either that or I'm a prophet.

    I smell government bail-out.

    --
    Bill Gates is a monocle and a Persian cat away from being the villain in a
    James Bond movie.

  4. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Misery Claimed Without Yahoo, Ballmer Frustrated

    On Tue, 6 May 2008 18:38:41 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > I smell government bail-out.

    That's Roy Schestowitz's ass you are smelling.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  5. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Misery Claimed Without Yahoo, Ballmer Frustrated

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  6. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Misery Claimed Without Yahoo, BallmerFrustrated

    On Tue, 06 May 2008 18:57:59 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Tue, 6 May 2008 18:38:41 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >

    >> I smell government bail-out.

    > That's Roy Schestowitz's ass you are smelling.

    Wow... you really are obsessed with Roy.

    --
    Rick

  7. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Misery Claimed Without Yahoo,Ballmer Frustrated

    "Rick" stated in post
    QZ6dnX4o95PNfr3VnZ2dnUVZ_gOdnZ2d@supernews.com on 5/6/08 4:01 PM:

    > On Tue, 06 May 2008 18:57:59 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 6 May 2008 18:38:41 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >>

    >>> I smell government bail-out.

    >> That's Roy Schestowitz's ass you are smelling.

    > Wow... you really are obsessed with Roy.

    You are obsessed with pointing put people's alleged obsession with Roy!

    --Aldous Huxley

  8. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Misery Claimed Without Yahoo, Ballmer Frustrated

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Bishop says Ballmer must be "Frustrated".

    I predict Balmer's next move is to Bash The Bishop.

  9. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Misery Claimed Without Yahoo, Ballmer Frustrated

    On 2008-05-06, Rick claimed:
    > On Tue, 06 May 2008 18:57:59 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 6 May 2008 18:38:41 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >>

    >>> I smell government bail-out.

    >> That's Roy Schestowitz's ass you are smelling.

    > Wow... you really are obsessed with Roy.

    Flatso wishes s/h/it was smelling Roy's ass.

    --
    They teach classes on using Front Page? That's like a cooking class
    where they teach you how to order a pizza!

  10. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Misery Claimed Without Yahoo, Ballmer Frustrated

    On Tue, 6 May 2008 18:17:18 -0500, Sinister Midget wrote:

    > On 2008-05-06, Rick claimed:

    >>> That's Roy Schestowitz's ass you are smelling.

    >> Wow... you really are obsessed with Roy.

    > Flatso wishes s/h/it was smelling Roy's ass.

    With Liarnut, Homer, Mark Kent, HPT and you up there, it appears Roy's ass
    has run out of room...

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  11. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Misery Claimed Without Yahoo, Ballmer Frustrated

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  12. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Misery Claimed Without Yahoo, BallmerFrustrated

    On Tue, 06 May 2008 18:01:36 -0500, Rick wrote:

    > On Tue, 06 May 2008 18:57:59 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 6 May 2008 18:38:41 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >>

    >>> I smell government bail-out.

    >> That's Roy Schestowitz's ass you are smelling.

    > Wow... you really are obsessed with Roy.

    That's why he's in autokill here. Well that and he adds absolutely
    nothing to any conversation (like most of the trolls here).

  13. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Misery Claimed Without Yahoo, BallmerFrustrated

    Verily I say unto thee, that 7 spake thusly:
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >> Bishop says Ballmer must be "Frustrated".

    > I predict Balmer's next move is to Bash The Bishop.

    That explains the grease-gun.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    05:54:45 up 138 days, 2:30, 6 users, load average: 0.14, 0.14, 0.25

  14. Re: [Rival] Microsoft Misery Claimed Without Yahoo, BallmerFrustrated

    On May 6, 4:05 pm, Snit wrote:
    > "Rick" stated in post
    > QZ6dnX4o95PNfr3VnZ2dnUVZ_gOdn...@supernews.com on 5/6/08 4:01 PM:

    > >> That's Roy Schestowitz's ass you are smelling.

    > > Wow... you really are obsessed with Roy.

    > You are obsessed with pointing put people's alleged obsession with Roy!
    >
    > --
    > Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
    > --Aldous Huxley

    And you are obsessed with pointing out other people pointing out other
    people's obsessions with Roy

  15. Re: [Rival] Microsoft Misery Claimed Without Yahoo, BallmerFrustrated

    "bobbie" stated in post
    61175cf8-2740-4d11-9689-f6030d165ac7...oglegroups.com on 5/7/08
    12:16 AM:

    > On May 6, 4:05 pm, Snit wrote:
    >> "Rick" stated in post
    >> QZ6dnX4o95PNfr3VnZ2dnUVZ_gOdn...@supernews.com on 5/6/08 4:01 PM:

    >>> Wow... you really are obsessed with Roy.

    >> You are obsessed with pointing put people's alleged obsession with Roy!

    > And you are obsessed with pointing out other people pointing out other
    > people's obsessions with Roy

    Oh yeah! Well you are obsessed with accusing others of being obsessed with
    pointing out other people pointing out other people's obsessions with Roy!

    --
    I know how a jam jar feels...
    .... full of jam!

  16. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Misery Claimed Without Yahoo, Ballmer Frustrated

    ____/ Homer on Wednesday 07 May 2008 05:55 : \____

    > Verily I say unto thee, that 7 spake thusly:
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >>> Bishop says Ballmer must be "Frustrated".

    >> I predict Balmer's next move is to Bash The Bishop.

    > That explains the grease-gun.

    Do we have a photo yet?

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "Avoid missing ball for higher score"
    09:00:02 up 22 days, 7:12, 5 users, load average: 2.54, 2.25, 2.02

  17. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Misery Claimed Without Yahoo, Ballmer Frustrated

    On Wed, 07 May 2008 09:04:02 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ____/ Homer on Wednesday 07 May 2008 05:55 : \____
    >
    >> Verily I say unto thee, that 7 spake thusly:

    >>> I predict Balmer's next move is to Bash The Bishop.

    >> That explains the grease-gun.

    > Do we have a photo yet?

    Why are Linux advocates so obsessed with disgusting, deviant sexual
    behavior?

    It must be all the pent up frustration of trying to make Linux work.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/