Microsoft scored highest in Evans survey for its tools, SDKs and Web services programs - Linux

This is a discussion on Microsoft scored highest in Evans survey for its tools, SDKs and Web services programs - Linux ; Windows crushing Linux on every fronts: http://www.evansdata.com/reports/200...php?rid=QXJ003...

  1. Microsoft scored highest in Evans survey for its tools, SDKs and Web services programs

    Windows crushing Linux on every fronts:
    http://www.evansdata.com/reports/200...php?rid=QXJ003

  2. Re: Microsoft scored highest in Evans survey for its tools, SDKs and Web services programs

    OK wrote:

    > Windows crushing Linux on every fronts:
    > http://www.evansdata.com/reports/200...php?rid=QXJ003

    A posting by OK that again does not mention Linux. Pointless.

  3. Re: Microsoft scored highest in Evans survey for its tools, SDKs and Web services programs

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, SomeBloke

    wrote
    on Tue, 06 May 2008 11:46:15 +0100
    <5ZGdnV5He4RHq73VnZ2dnUVZ8qGdnZ2d@metronet>:
    > OK wrote:
    >
    >> Windows crushing Linux on every fronts:
    >> http://www.evansdata.com/reports/200...php?rid=QXJ003

    > A posting by OK that again does not mention Linux. Pointless.

    Not necessarily, though I do wonder if the Evans survey
    mentions Ubuntu, RedHat/Fedora, Novell, Debian, or Gentoo.

    The download requires firstname, lastname, title, company,
    phone, and email, and therefore one must question its
    "freeness"; they're surfing for identities (though in a
    relatively benign fashion, compared to some of the malware
    out there; presumably, any gleanings will be used for
    solicitation-type emails -- a form of spam).

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Windows. Because it's not a question of if.
    It's a question of when.