Microsoft’s elephant in the OS room - Linux

This is a discussion on Microsoft’s elephant in the OS room - Linux ; "Are all of those Apple OS X vs. Vista commercials making an impact? Microsoft’s client revenue–Vista and XP came in below expectations–and the company cited three primary reasons: A tough comparison from year ago levels, OEM inventory build and piracy. ...

  1. Microsoft’s elephant in the OS room

    "Are all of those Apple OS X vs. Vista commercials making an impact?
    Microsoft’s client revenue–Vista and XP came in below expectations–and
    the company cited three primary reasons: A tough comparison from year
    ago levels, OEM inventory build and piracy. But the elephant on the
    conference call may have been Apple and its Mac."

    [...]

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=8614

    According to the analysts, it seem like Microsoft has been caught
    lying again...

    -RFH

  2. Re: Microsoft¹s elephant in the OS room

    In article
    <5a7d3034-885c-4884-bc49-93fd962da4fa@r66g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,
    Ramon F Herrera wrote:

    > "Are all of those Apple OS X vs. Vista commercials making an impact?
    > Microsoft¹s client revenue*Vista and XP came in below expectations*and
    > the company cited three primary reasons: A tough comparison from year
    > ago levels, OEM inventory build and piracy. But the elephant on the
    > conference call may have been Apple and its Mac."
    >
    > [...]
    >
    > http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=8614
    >
    > According to the analysts, it seem like Microsoft has been caught
    > lying again...
    >
    > -RFH

    Billy Boy and Monkey Boy have no concept of telling the truth.

  3. Re: Microsoft¹s elephant in the OS room

    "Chance Furlong" stated in post
    t-bone-27CCE6.19401205052008@unlimited.newshosting.com on 5/5/08 5:40 PM:

    > In article
    > <5a7d3034-885c-4884-bc49-93fd962da4fa@r66g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,
    > Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    >
    >> "Are all of those Apple OS X vs. Vista commercials making an impact?
    >> Microsoft¹s client revenue*Vista and XP came in below expectations*and
    >> the company cited three primary reasons: A tough comparison from year
    >> ago levels, OEM inventory build and piracy. But the elephant on the
    >> conference call may have been Apple and its Mac."
    >>
    >> [...]
    >>
    >> http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=8614
    >>
    >> According to the analysts, it seem like Microsoft has been caught
    >> lying again...
    >>
    >> -RFH

    > Billy Boy and Monkey Boy have no concept of telling the truth.

    At least they do not have your habits, Hamster Boy.

    --
    Teachers open the door but you must walk through it yourself.

  4. Re: Microsoft’s elephant in the OS room

    Ramon F Herrera wrote:

    > "Are all of those Apple OS X vs. Vista commercials making an impact?
    > Microsoft’s client revenue–Vista and XP came in below expectations–and
    > the company cited three primary reasons: A tough comparison from year
    > ago levels, OEM inventory build and piracy. But the elephant on the
    > conference call may have been Apple and its Mac."
    >
    > [...]
    >
    > http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=8614
    >
    > According to the analysts, it seem like Microsoft has been caught
    > lying again...

    Well, gosh -- how could the OEM builders have planned around the
    release of WinVista? They just didn't have enough notice!

    A tough comparison to a year ago? Why?
    Hasn't their number been growing all along? Is there some reason that
    growing during is a problem now? Or is it just that when the division
    is done, the growth isn't as high as they want it to look?

    Microsoft has trouble making truthful statements about their OS.

  5. Re: Microsoft’s elephant in the OS room

    "Ramon F Herrera" wrote in message

    "Are all of those Apple OS X vs. Vista commercials making an impact?
    Microsoft’s client revenue–Vista and XP came in below expectations–and
    the company cited three primary reasons: A tough comparison from year
    ago levels, OEM inventory build and piracy. But the elephant on the
    conference call may have been Apple and its Mac."

    [...]

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=8614

    According to the analysts, it seem like Microsoft has been caught
    lying again...

    I must have missed it but what was the lie? Because the elephant "may have
    been" Apple+Mac doesn't make this a lie. They also didn't mention the
    economy which probably has a bigger impact than Apple. Is this also a lie?

    -RFH

  6. Re: Microsoft’s elephant in the OS room

    On May 6, 10:10 am, "Subway steel" wrote:
    > "Ramon F Herrera" wrote in messagenews:5a7d3034-885c-4884-bc49-93fd962da4fa@r66g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...
    >
    > "Are all of those Apple OS X vs. Vista commercials making an impact?
    > Microsoft’s client revenue–Vista and XP came in below expectations–and
    > the company cited three primary reasons: A tough comparison from year
    > ago levels, OEM inventory build and piracy. But the elephant on the
    > conference call may have been Apple and its Mac."
    >
    > [...]
    >
    > http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=8614
    >
    > According to the analysts, it seems like Microsoft has been caught
    > lying again...
    >
    > I must have missed it but what was the lie? Because the elephant "may have
    > been" Apple+Mac doesn't make this a lie. They also didn't mention the
    > economy which probably has a bigger impact than Apple. Is this also a lie?
    >
    > -RFH

    You have to learn how to post in Usenet. You mixed my comments with
    yours, and signed with my signature.

    -Ramon F Herrera (aka RFH)

    pd: I wrote "it *seems* like Microsoft [...]", while you wrote
    something about "probably". There were no absolute statements. You
    have to learn a thing or tow about logic.

+ Reply to Thread