This is a discussion on GNU/Linux Jobs -NYC 8 - Linux ; client Services - Tamale Software (NYC) Reply to: email@example.com Date: 2008-05-05, 3:25PM EDT The Company Tamale Software, Inc. is a rapidly growing company in search of talented individuals to join our team. Our product, Tamale Research Management Solution™ (RMS), is ...
client Services - Tamale Software (NYC)
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: 2008-05-05, 3:25PM EDT
Tamale Software, Inc. is a rapidly growing company in search of talented individuals to join our team. Our product, Tamale Research Management Solution™ (RMS), is targeted at research analysts and portfolio managers, and is a unique software solution that enables investment professionals to focus on research and investing. Tamale RMS is the only product of its kind, and it has been enthusiastically accepted within the financial services industry since our product launch in early 2004.
Client Services Position
The CS Specialist handles all aspects of technical pre-sales and client account management through the client lifecycle, including custom integrations at the business and technical levels. Position responsibilities include:
• Managing and performing technical infrastructure setup (server install, network configuration, data backup, etc.)
• Analyzing user workflow and higher-level business needs, and implementing integration plan that best represents the product and company.
• Providing a world-class customer experience to client and pre-sales account through excellent communication, user training, trouble-shooting, problem solving, and feedback/ requirements gathering.
• Managing and executing all aspects of custom projects based on client requests, while providing regular status and updated expectations to the client.
• Manaing and supporting converted client accounts by driving product usage, ensuring client retention, pursuing up-sell opportunities, and generating positive references.
Candidates must be comfortable in both technical and client-facing roles, have the ability to multitask extensively, and be able to continually and quickly learn new skills with little formal direction. Candidates should also possess a combination of consulting, account management, programming, and sales skills, with a minimum of 3-4 years of professional experience. A Bachelor of Arts is required. Proficiency in the following areas is required:
• Professional support, especially in a Windows environment. Strong experience with Windows desktops is a must. Experience with Exchange servers, Citrix serviers, applications such as Bloomberg, Reuters, Thomson is a plus.
• Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills. Client-facing experience such as training, account management, sales and pre-sales is a plus.
• Familiarity with QA/testing standards, bug reporting, designing and executing test matrices.
• Scripting and programming knowledge, such as Unix shell scripting, SQL, and languages like Perl, VS/VBA, and Java is a plus. Linux administration also a plus.
• Network administration and firewalls. Experience with Windows networking and administration (Active Directory, Roaming Profiles, etc.) is a plus.
Thought it’d be great if you could fulfill everything on our lists, specific or required skills are not everything. Equally or more important is:
• Demonstrated ability to learn new languages/technologies
• Experience with delivering products/features
• Desire to play a key role in rapidly growing company
• General compatibility with the Tamale team
We maintain high standards throughout our diverse skills. We care about your track record, your field experience, your talent and your drive. If you feel you can contribute to our company, please contact us at email@example.com to apply for this and other positions.
* Location: NYC
* Compensation: Competitive
* Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
* Please, no phone calls about this job!
* Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
http://www.mrbrklyn.com - Interesting Stuff
http://www.nylxs.com - Leadership Development in Free Software
So many immigrant groups have swept through our town that Brooklyn, like Atlantis, reaches mythological proportions in the mind of the world - RI Safir 1998
http://fairuse.nylxs.com DRM is THEFT - We are the STAKEHOLDERS - RI Safir 2002
"Yeah - I write Free Software...so SUE ME"
"The tremendous problem we face is that we are becoming sharecroppers to our own cultural heritage -- we need the ability to participate in our own society."
"> I'm an engineer. I choose the best tool for the job, politics be damned.<
You must be a stupid engineer then, because politcs and technology have been attached at the hip since the 1st dynasty in Ancient Egypt. I guess you missed that one."
© Copyright for the Digital Millennium