Autorun Gmail Notify - Linux

This is a discussion on Autorun Gmail Notify - Linux ; I am using ubuntu. How to auto startup Gmail Notify as soon as I enter ubuntu....

  1. Autorun Gmail Notify

    I am using ubuntu.
    How to auto startup Gmail Notify as soon as I enter ubuntu.

  2. Re: Autorun Gmail Notify

    "Vincent SHAO" wrote in message
    >I am using ubuntu.
    > How to auto startup Gmail Notify as soon as I enter ubuntu.

    From the "System" menu select "Preferences" then "Sessions"

    You'll see a list of apps that will "autorun" when you login to your
    session. Add whatever you want (Gmail, etc) to the list.

    Not as easy as Drag-n-Drop to the "Startup" folder on Windows but it not too
    difficult and it gets the job done.

  3. Re: Autorun Gmail Notify

    Micoshaft fraudster Ezekiel wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft
    Corporation:

    > Not as easy as Drag-n-Drop to the "Startup" folder on Windows but it not
    > too difficult and it gets the job done.

    And definitely not as good as self starting viri, spyware and malware that
    starts up with your application from numerous undocumented places, that
    then self spawn other processes that monitor each other such that if an
    anti-viri program you paid several hundred dollars for tried to knock one
    of its companions off, then each will spawn another making the whole thing
    futile. More viri are released per day than security fixes making security
    software utterly futile.

    WINDUMMIES CAUSE SECURITY NIGHTMARES FOR CORPORATIONS

    Is that you Ezekiel?

    Switch to Linux....

    http://www.livecdlist.com
    http://www.distrowatch.com

  4. Re: Autorun Gmail Notify

    On 2008-05-05, Vincent SHAO claimed:
    > I am using ubuntu.
    > How to auto startup Gmail Notify as soon as I enter ubuntu.

    http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2740/...artup_programs

    You'llhave to figure out the name, and maybe the location, of the
    program. I'd thing it would be something like *gnotify*, or maybe
    *gmail-notify*, but I don't know that for a fact.

    You can try typing the following on the commandline to see if that's
    correct, and get a path at the same time if it is:

    which gnotify

    Otherwise, you might have to edit the menu to see what it's called.

    --
    "In short: just say NO TO DRUGS, and maybe you won't end up like
    the Windows people."

  5. Re: Autorun Gmail Notify

    ____/ Sinister Midget on Monday 05 May 2008 22:59 : \____

    > On 2008-05-05, Vincent SHAO claimed:
    >> I am using ubuntu.
    >> How to auto startup Gmail Notify as soon as I enter ubuntu.

    http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2740/...artup_programs

    > You'llhave to figure out the name, and maybe the location, of the
    > program. I'd thing it would be something like *gnotify*, or maybe
    > *gmail-notify*, but I don't know that for a fact.
    >
    > You can try typing the following on the commandline to see if that's
    > correct, and get a path at the same time if it is:
    >
    > which gnotify
    >
    > Otherwise, you might have to edit the menu to see what it's called.

    That's the 'problem' with having so much power in GNU/Linux. There's a GUI
    route for all of this (even in KDE), but people are typically pointed in the
    CLI route, which is quicker and more versatile. For new users, whatever is
    recommended in the form of a command typically has a mouse-based equivalent
    and the CLI repels new users.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Data lacking semantics is currency in an island
    Tasks: 133 total, 1 running, 132 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie

  6. Re: Autorun Gmail Notify

    Vincent SHAO writes:

    > I am using ubuntu.
    > How to auto startup Gmail Notify as soon as I enter ubuntu.

    Consider gnubiff as an applet. It's much better and more flexible.

+ Reply to Thread