Linux: tons of problems XP: one problem - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux: tons of problems XP: one problem - Linux ; "My friend is a linux lover...Linux gives him tons of problems (he uses PCLOS) and he always talks about how good it feels to fix problems in Linux, yet when his XP install gives him ONE PROBLEM after three years ...

  1. Linux: tons of problems XP: one problem

    "My friend is a linux lover...Linux gives him tons of problems (he uses
    PCLOS) and he always talks about how good it feels to fix problems in Linux,
    yet when his XP install gives him ONE PROBLEM after three years he starts
    talking **** about microsoft." #9 at http://www.dvorak.org/blog/?p=14453

    A perfect description of many of the luser hypocrites that populate the
    Linux world.

  2. Re: Linux: tons of problems XP: one problem

    Micoshaft fraudster DFS wrote on behalf of half wits from Micoshaft
    Corporation:

    > when his XP install gives him ONE PROBLEM after three years he
    > starts talking **** about microsoft." #9 at

    WINDUMMIES DON'T OWN ANY SOFTWARE DESPITE PAYING, ONLY LICENSES.

    It could be that that causes the average WINDUMMY to start
    raging.

    Isn't that obvious and correct doofus?

  3. Re: Linux: tons of problems XP: one problem

    On Mon, 5 May 2008 09:30:06 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > "My friend is a linux lover...Linux gives him tons of problems (he uses
    > PCLOS) and he always talks about how good it feels to fix problems in Linux,
    > yet when his XP install gives him ONE PROBLEM after three years he starts
    > talking **** about microsoft." #9 at http://www.dvorak.org/blog/?p=14453
    >
    > A perfect description of many of the luser hypocrites that populate the
    > Linux world.

    Linux is only free when your time is also free.
    Spending days and weeks to get an operating system to function correctly is
    simply not an option for most people because they are applications centric.
    Most could care less what operating system is running.
    Many probably don't even know.

    There is a reason Linux desktop is at 0.6 percent market share.
    Linux is just not wanted, despite being free.
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: Linux: tons of problems XP: one problem

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  5. Re: Linux: tons of problems XP: one problem

    "7" wrote in message
    news:F9ETj.20085$yD2.12774@text.news.virginmedia.c om...
    > Micoshaft fraudster DFS wrote on behalf of half wits from Micoshaft
    > Corporation:
    >
    >> when his XP install gives him ONE PROBLEM after three years he
    >> starts talking **** about microsoft." #9 at

    > WINDUMMIES DON'T OWN ANY SOFTWARE DESPITE PAYING, ONLY LICENSES.

    Unless it's software you wrote yourself, You don't own any software either.
    The software you use is also licensed under the GPL. You don't actually
    *OWN* it... you have to adhere to the provisions of the GPL license.

    > It could be that that causes the average WINDUMMY to start
    > raging.
    >
    > Isn't that obvious and correct doofus?

    The only thing obvious is your stupidity and the 0.6% marketshare of linux.

  6. Re: Linux: tons of problems XP: one problem

    On Mon, 05 May 2008 10:51:27 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Mon, 5 May 2008 09:30:06 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "My friend is a linux lover...Linux gives him tons of problems (he uses
    >> PCLOS) and he always talks about how good it feels to fix problems in
    >> Linux, yet when his XP install gives him ONE PROBLEM after three years
    >> he starts talking **** about microsoft." #9 at
    >> http://www.dvorak.org/blog/?p=14453
    >>
    >> A perfect description of many of the luser hypocrites that populate the
    >> Linux world.

    > Linux is only free when your time is also free.

    Explain implication. It takes me far longer to install Windows and
    associated applications than it does PCLinuxOS or Ubuntu, and that
    includes reconfiguring themes and such.

    > Spending days and weeks
    > to get an operating system to function correctly is simply not an option
    > for most people because they are applications centric.

    Then it's a good thing most people don't have to spend days and weeks to
    get a Linux based install working, as opposed to a Windows install.

    > Most could care
    > less what operating system is running. Many probably don't even know.
    >
    > There is a reason Linux desktop is at 0.6 percent market share.

    Herd mentality, inertia and the network effects of an illegally
    maintained monopoly.

    > Linux isjust not wanted, despite being free.

    Liar.

    --
    Rick

  7. Re: Linux: tons of problems XP: one problem

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Rick

    wrote
    on Mon, 05 May 2008 17:03:09 -0500
    :
    > On Mon, 05 May 2008 10:51:27 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 5 May 2008 09:30:06 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> "My friend is a linux lover...Linux gives him tons of problems (he uses
    >>> PCLOS) and he always talks about how good it feels to fix problems in
    >>> Linux, yet when his XP install gives him ONE PROBLEM after three years
    >>> he starts talking **** about microsoft." #9 at
    >>> http://www.dvorak.org/blog/?p=14453
    >>>
    >>> A perfect description of many of the luser hypocrites that populate the
    >>> Linux world.

    >> Linux is only free when your time is also free.

    > Explain implication. It takes me far longer to install Windows and
    > associated applications than it does PCLinuxOS or Ubuntu, and that
    > includes reconfiguring themes and such.

    I think the implication is pretty clear; Moshe is assuming
    that there's no Linux support out there for problems. (Such
    is, of course, a bad assumption, though I for one find the
    results of various error searches slightly spotty at times.)

    >> Spending days and weeks
    >> to get an operating system to function correctly is simply not an option
    >> for most people because they are applications centric.

    > Then it's a good thing most people don't have to spend days and weeks to
    > get a Linux based install working, as opposed to a Windows install.
    >
    >> Most could care
    >> less what operating system is running. Many probably don't even know.
    >>
    >> There is a reason Linux desktop is at 0.6 percent market share.

    > Herd mentality, inertia and the network effects of an illegally
    > maintained monopoly.

    Not to mention the fact that Microsoft prefers it that way. ;-)

    >> Linux isjust not wanted, despite being free.

    > Liar.

    Linux *is* not wanted, because it is not known. This won't
    change overnight, though it does appear to be changing.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    /dev/signature/pedantry: Resource temporarily unavailable

  8. Re: Linux: tons of problems XP: one problem

    On 2008-05-05, Rick claimed:
    > On Mon, 05 May 2008 10:51:27 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    >> Linux is only free when your time is also free.

    > Explain implication. It takes me far longer to install Windows and
    > associated applications than it does PCLinuxOS or Ubuntu, and that
    > includes reconfiguring themes and such.

    Mushy Goldfish is recycling things from DuFuS, as well as from s/h/it's
    own already-outdated garbage from years past.

    Watch out. The next batch of recycled poo will be about fonts or flash.

    --
    Yesterday it worked.
    Today it is not working.

+ Reply to Thread